WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : South Hill and Origami Owl

sue311
06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I was aware of OO but noticed South Hill on the site couple weeks ago. I was inquiring about SH because of the waiting list for OO and was interested until I started doing my research. I noticed that there is a lawsuit in the works (as of last month), and that this company is pretty new. Quite scary. I was actually surprised that there could be 2 companies with the same concepts, hence my research. I was just wondering if this is something that SH consultants are aware of, and what does this mean. I don't want to join a company and it closes. Makes me think I should wait for OO. Thanks for your response.

Laurieloo
06-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I also did the research. There was a previous lawsuit and from what I read SHD was not found to have had any wrong doing. I have every confidence that if (I hadn't heard there was anything new) there is a lawsuit, that SHD will again come out without any wrong doing. I was/am on the waitlist for OO since the beginning of March! I decided to go with SHD because I really wanted to START my business, not wait for it. I did my research and was told the difference between OO and SHD was like Kindle and Nook. SHD really takes care of its Artists and is constantly coming out with new products, so although it may be the same "concept" they are constantly evolving. I am not at all worried. If you would like to chat some more or have any other questions I would be glad to help. Best wishes, whatever you decide. :)

KNicholls
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Sue everyone here has given you some good information. I anticipate this all to be over very soon and am sure not worried of I wouldn't have left my full time job to to it. I haven't regretted a minute of that. In the end, each person has to decide for themselves. Laurie made a great point and Nooks and Kindles. There's rare one of anything in our world.

I think choosing which company has to be about what you feel good about, where you want to fit, and how fast you want to actually get a business started.

Sarahliz
06-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I applaud you for doing your research! I can say that I honestly have no personal concerns about SHD closing. If anything, our business has been expanding rapidly based on the quality of our product, great availability (we have a VERY small back order list compared to our competitors), and support. Most of my orders have been shipping the same day or next day. As a business owner, it is important to me to be able to provide my customers with a quality product in a timely manner. In order to meet my family's financial goals, I wanted to be able to start my business now. I would definitely encourage you to look at your financial goals and how you want to run your business and choose the company that best aligns with those goals. Best of luck to you! You are already starting out on the right foot by doing your homework before jumping into anything!

sue311
06-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Thank you ladies for replying. I especially liked the comparison between the Nook and the Kindle...never looked at it that way.

andiistanley
06-20-2013, 09:47 AM
I did a lot of the same research before I decided to go with SHD over OO. I spoke with friends who had OO lockets and had been to parties, I compared the pros and cons and for me SHD won by a long shot. For one thing, I was able to start immediately, whereas with OO I am still technically #13k+ on the wait list. It was actually other OO reps that sealed the deal - I was on a DIW group and the smoke that was being blown by the upline about how they were going to be adding new reps so very soon and that shipping issues would be taken care of just left a sour taste in my mouth - especially when two weeks came and went and my number actually went UP, not down. :(

Floating lockets are not a new thing, at all. OO was not the first to produce them - they were just the first to bring it to a direct sales/party plan format. I'm very happy with SHD!

Jejomi
07-16-2013, 09:22 PM
My two cents.........I did my research as well, and am Currently still on the Origami Owl (O2) wait list. I ALMOST signed with SHD because at the time it was $25 to get started. Then I did research and honestly just fell in love with Bella, the founders story. I love the logo, history, design, colors, message, and mission it represented. The passion for the entire business set in, not just the cheap price tag to get in. (I'm cheap too so it was a hard decision) but once I joined the wait list I forgot all about SHD. No bashing at all to SHD I just got lost in all the O2 info out there! I was hooked after one day!

Not to mention....that since I've been wait listed since APRIL 4th (it has been long) I have had time to think this business through. At one point I said screw it. Lost a little mojo and then bam!!! My awesome mentor and upline posted the new happenings and a pic of the backed of the website and I can't wait to see it myself, with my login!!!! I know The direction I want to go in. I bought Jewelry Bar supplies and have it not cost me an arm and a leg all at once. I have been to local O2 meetings, read everything I could, googled it all, followed the National Convention online, after an almost 3.5 month wait I can HONESTLY say I am ready! I am ready to take it on and not be overwhelmed. I worked with my mentor and earned money to buy my kit (not out of my pocket) and its been awesome. People. Love. Origami Owl....I should also note that I love owls in general and it was my original interest in the company lol. from signup day it's really been awesome. SHD from what I can tell is very comparable product wise, but I don't know much about the company itself. This business hasn't been a shot gun decision for me which is nice, no mistakes, no wasted money and it's been empowering to learn, train, and prepare before the Ol' "here's your kit good luck!!" If anyone has questions, please feel free to message me!!

There has to be something said that a wait list means....it's a great company. Best of luck to both sides.

FYI. They let in a wave of 2000 this week. If that continues 10-11 weeks would be your wait (if 2000 get in every week) if you signed up today. Which is a great time table to make yourself knowledgable about O2!

LindtsbyLisa
07-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Jejomi--We can't wait to see you take flight! You are going to love every minute! And yes..the new products coming are just STUNNING! (and patent pending so no copycats!!) HOOT HOOT!

sue311
08-01-2013, 08:48 AM
There are new developments in my life which will suit me perfectly for OO waiting list. So, if someone can send me info I would appreciate it. Thanks.

LindtsbyLisa
08-01-2013, 12:49 PM
sending you info now!

Brittney154
08-01-2013, 01:17 PM
There is also a new company in pre launch called Our Hearts Desire we launch august 8th its $99 to sign up in pre launch free once we launch and they pay 50% commission on everything. They offer lockets,charms, bracelets and leather type bracelets with attachable charms

crystalmicheala
09-05-2013, 12:13 PM
My problem with Origami Owl is that I'm from Canada and they haven't gone international. While I received my locket as a gift from a friend who is a designer, I can't register with the OO brand and my choices are either SHD or Spirit Lockets who also ships to Canada. I think I'm going with Spirit just because they have a wider selection of lockets to choose from (by what I've seen so far).

Sad I can't be an OO designer.

SusanSellsOrigamiOwl
09-06-2013, 08:06 AM
My problem with Origami Owl is that I'm from Canada and they haven't gone international. While I received my locket as a gift from a friend who is a designer, I can't register with the OO brand and my choices are either SHD or Spirit Lockets who also ships to Canada. I think I'm going with Spirit just because they have a wider selection of lockets to choose from (by what I've seen so far).

Sad I can't be an OO designer.

We (OO) are in the process of working in Canada!! It does take time IF you want to do it right & last in the industry. I can say Origami Owl makes decisions with designers in mind first. Stay tuned!

Ps: It's been my experience if you start with a company you are less than 100% excited about you'll give up on it. I've seen it happen with others who were persuaded to join another company because of no waiting. They end up quitting & joining OO or just fizzling out. It takes commitment & total love & enthusiasm for the company, the product & the story to last.
Always go with your gut rather than a time table.

Love this quote that our founders mother gave us at convention. It fits perfectly.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1