WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Thinking about signing up

healthyma
05-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi, I was wondering can you join just for personal use? I know you have to make some purchase every 3 campaigns. How many months is that? Also is the website really free ? Thanks

SAHMof2
05-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Yes you can join for personal use but you need to have at least a $50 order to get a discount. If you don't place an order within 3 campaigns (each campaign runs for 2 weeks) your account will go inactive. However, if this happens you just make sure your account has a zero balance and request to be reinstated. The website is free but there is a one simple shipping fee based on order size.

Team IMGlobal
05-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks for sharing!

My wife is in between whether she wants to join Avon or DoTerra.

We both love essential oils and so far leaning towards DT.

Being that Avon has been around forever we wonder how hard it would be to promote the product and wonder if is harder to market and wonder if markets might be saturated.

Manny

SAHMof2
05-29-2013, 08:55 AM
I am not familiar with the other company but with Avon, it is a company that has been around awhile and everyone knows the products and their products have a 100% guarantee.

I am not going to lie, there are a lot of people who join to become an Avon rep. The last time I checked there were around 300-600 in my district alone. However, I am still a very successful Avon rep because I put in the effort to make it work (not everyone does) and customer service is my #1 priority. I get new customers because my current customers recommend me. Being a leadership rep I can tell you that there are reps every campaign who decides for whatever reason they are not interested in Avon anymore. Think about all the customers who just lost an Avon Rep. Instead of worrying about if the market is saturated, you need to ask yourself What would I offer to my customers that would make me stand apart from other reps?

When I first joined Avon, I handed a book to my Uncle and he said "so when are you going to quit?" I gave him a look like I can't believe you said that to me. Turned out that every Avon rep he ever had quit and the only cologne he ever wore was Wild Country. So far he has not had to look for an Avon rep for the last 7 years. So what makes me stand out from all the other reps in my area? It's all in the customer service!

*In*2*Win*
05-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Im going on 7 years too. This has been an amazing journey

Out of those 7 years, Ive been home doing avon fulltime for 6 of those 7 years. Brand recognition plays a part in easier sales.

Since 1886 Avon has been empowering women to earn from staying at home. Pretty sweet! Join us, you wont be sorry! Avon is a great business to be part of.

Things to know:

Free Website
Ability to earn up to 50%
No quotas, No parties, No inventory

No mandatory meetings (although I recommend going as knowledge is power and it will help your sales )

No autoship of products
No monthly FEE you have to pay in order to make the big bucks.

One time - $10 signup fee and you can do that online easily.
Online signups take about 10 minutes and Avon will ship your startup materials and books directly to you. If you signup that way, make sure to use legal info, no nicknames.

You have the opportunity to just sell (and earn a percentage of what you sell)

But you can also, if you wish, Team build (not mandatory) and by helping your team grow, you can also earn a percentage of team sales on top of your personal sales.

So, ask questions, become informed and join us! Its fun and profitable.

Bonnie

Jannie
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
It is also important to find someone who will be: #1 near you so that you can get your supplies for Avon easily and not have to drive all that far and #2 available to answer your questions about doing Avon, whether it be by email, telephone, or a personal visit.

The gal I signed up under is great and always gets back to me by email with questions I may have, etc. She also encourages me to just have FUN with Avon. She herself is a nurse who works a lot in that regard, and would guess that Avon is a nice change from all the stress she has in being in the health field. She is an example of someone who really does enjoy doing her Avon business!

Yes, many do join up and are their own 'best customers' as I have met up with different ones saying that very thing. It's soo great getting discounts on products such as the Anew and Curves lines and other products we may use on a daily basis, for example.

Some have success doing 'cold calling' on the phone, others do door to door, some do in-home parties, yet other gals (and guys!) contact businesses and find lots of interest that way.

Much happiness and success with your decision! :)

Team IMGlobal
05-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks for sharing!

I remember about 30 years ago when my aunt would deliver Avon products. My guess is that she was a rep at that time. I wonder why she didn't stick with it. Of course, I didn't know about direct selling as I was 7 years old at that time.

Always a good thing when a company can establish themselves for so many years. You hear lots of negative things about Amway (for no good reason) but you don't ever hear negative things about Avon and their rise to the top.

Good thread,

Manny

Tanya2012
05-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I myself is thinking about going back to selling Avon, But I m afraid I would not have people wanting it:eek:

Team IMGlobal
05-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I myself is thinking about going back to selling Avon, But I m afraid I would not have people wanting it:eek:

One thing I find is that "wanting" is not a problem. They do have good products.

Anyone know if they have gone towards more natural products?

Last I heard they were doing animal testing again. If this is true that could be a problem.

At least for me.

Manny

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1