WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How do you market your business?

Coconut
05-23-2013, 01:04 PM
My upline says I need a personalized landing page, autoresponder, etc etc that costs money. I'm unemployed (looking for work) and don't have money to spend $20 on extras plus product. I use free blogger, i have a free website, i started using youtube but I don't have the extra perks that cost more money because it gets expensive. I tried Fiverr to market my blog and epxbody page. Something got me a signup but I've had about 10000 views and my signups box is red even though they have someone under them.

Family and friends are not willing to give this a try and I've also been out casted by some people that don't understand I'm just trying to bring home an income. Actually, one family member wanted me to join her $300 program after I told her I was unemployed so that got me upset with her.

I don't know what else to do. I tried flyers and mini ad cards but none of that works.

Samie8183
05-23-2013, 08:52 PM
I would say keep using blogger and learn more about SEO. Blog daily and don't forget to ping. Also social media is perfect to get your blog posts seen and get repeat traffic from. Every time you have a new blog post, share it on Fb, G+, Twitter, Linked In, etc. Look into other venues as well, fan pages take a bit of time to build a following but it's worth it. Find some other pages in our niche and like them, comment etc. Swap likes with other people.

healthysolutions
07-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. You need to just stay consistent with your advertising. At some point you will get responses. As for landing pages I know many people that don't use capture pages. They just use their personal url or may put their blog website that has their programs. Weebly has a contact field that you can place on your website if you create one with them.

Hope This Help!

teammandy33
08-07-2013, 10:03 AM
There are lots of free methods of advertising.

backpage.com, Craigslist, free text messaging, and so on.

You can start out with not paying anything but at some point in order to build your business you will need to spend a few bucks here and there.

Take your time, and keep your mindset positive!:)

kkeysersilver
08-07-2013, 10:43 AM
FACEBOOK! You can grow your business easily just talking to people on Facebook.

BlingLuv
08-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Unfortunately, I agree with teammandy33, eventually you will have to pay money to advertise. I recently started my own business, and thought I could start by advertising for free using Craigslist, social media, etc. However, it has been getting me nowhere. I now realize that I will need to spend money to be able to get my name and company out there. I do believe that is the only way.

I wish you the best of luck!!

teammandy33
08-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Unfortunately, I agree with teammandy33, eventually you will have to pay money to advertise. I recently started my own business, and thought I could start by advertising for free using Craigslist, social media, etc. However, it has been getting me nowhere. I now realize that I will need to spend money to be able to get my name and company out there. I do believe that is the only way.

I wish you the best of luck!!

I am with you there. There are free methods that do actually work with time and effort but in the long run, the old saying "you gotta spend money to make money" comes into play.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1