WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What kind?

bethanykay6
05-22-2013, 05:17 PM
What kind of photography do you do? Are you more known for newborns? Family? Wedding?

I have been in business about 6 months, and find that the majority of my photos are family and children sessions. I have shot two weddings, but honestly, it isn't something I care to do. I love shooting little kids and having the different pictures come out so neat, and watching the parents as they go through the pictures for the first time!!!!

AndrewW
05-23-2013, 02:23 AM
I don't do it as a business myself just for fun. Mostly landscape and the like.

lorah
05-23-2013, 02:49 AM
I do mostly landscapes but would like to get into pet photography. I don't do it as a business (yet) either. I've still got so much to learn.

ndswam
05-23-2013, 04:30 AM
We focus on Senior Portraits. Being that the season for that in the North East is short we also do Family portraits and Events. Our oldest just "retired" from competitive gymnastics and we've done LOTS of gymnastic photography. She and our youngest are also dancers and dance photography is great fun as well.

We've done a small wedding for a friend of ours but we don't think we would want to do weddings either right now.

lorah
05-23-2013, 04:45 AM
I guess I have seen too many Bridezilla episodes. I don't think I would enjoy wedding photography at all! There is enough stress of the day without adding mine to it!

pmreyestx
05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi, I recently went into business for myself so right now I shoot anything that pays but would love to move more towards the senior market and children.

Weddings are tough. I have shot 2 ever. I prefer to do anything else

TommyH
05-28-2013, 09:08 AM
I shoot architecture/commercial style photography. Shooting for Real Estate agents, small businesses, hotels, apartments, etc.

Weddings are tough and I stay away from them. I have shot less then a handful of weddings. I have 2 cameras with me, a second shooter, etc. Very stressful, good amount of post, if you can do it and do it good you can make good money as long as you price yourself right. Great wedding photogs I see make like 3-5k per wedding.

christent04
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
I like to shoot landscapes, lots of flowers, wildlife, food and my children. I am a big fan of nature. ;) I also started playing around with still life photography and macro. I am still an amateur. I absolutely do NOT want to work with events or people. I have some stuff on an artists website, but really I have it up there as a portfolio of sorts. Although, I would rather have all of them framed and in my home.

Oh, I don't get paid for it right now either.

rbarrett68
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
For photography I mostly do macro, rural, landscape and nature.I ventured from that into doing digital art, kaleidoscope art and mandalas to name a few. :)

Rhonda

cashforuonline
06-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Although I do have a few photos up at stock photo sites, I don't really do photography for money. I like doing landscapes and flowers, both of which are over-saturated in the stock photo market. The big money is mostly in doing people, but I am definitely not a people person, so I doubt I would ever be able to make a living from photography. That would be my dream job, though!

LindseyThrives
06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Mainly outdoor photography and weddings. I used to work for LifeTouch and did the whole backdrop camera room scene for a long time. I prefer outdoors.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1