WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

SmartChic
05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I already have a couple of wholesalers that I purchase from but I'm interested in getting into the dropshipping arena. I've noticed that many of the dropshipping stores that come up are from China or another foreign country.

Is it ideal (normal) to purchase from them?

I have many concerns about this such as: custom fees and delivery time. Do anyone here use a China wholesaler? Any tips?

Thanks!

experience
05-21-2013, 12:28 AM
If you dropship from China, your customers may get a bill for duty and sales tax from Customs, or from the postal service. That does not result in happy customers.

I would suggest that you would do better to buy small quantities direct from the factories in China or another country. It is possible to buy direct in small quantities regardless of what people say.

SmartChic
05-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Great advice... thanks!

valuemailers
05-24-2013, 08:16 AM
It is better to buy wholesale in bulk from china and then distribute yourself...If you want to dropship I would try importing from China then using Amazon FBA or another fulfillment center.

experience
05-27-2013, 04:01 AM
It is better to buy wholesale in bulk from china and then distribute yourself...If you want to dropship I would try importing from China then using Amazon FBA or another fulfillment center.
I agree that Amazon FBA is a good system for order fulfilment, but that is not dropshipping.

Yes it is better to buy in bulk from China and then distribute the goods yourself, but why buy wholesale? It is far better to avoid wholesalers, dropshippers, resellers, sourcing agents etc., all of whom take a cut out of your profits.

If you buy direct from the real manufacturers as I teach, the profit margins will amaze you, even when you buy small quantities.

nan miss
09-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Dear,

Iím writing to introduce Dinodirect-osell system ,which is professional in drop shipping and wholesales.

1)Download pictures from osell system directly in Bulk and API products data transfer
2)Upload your customer order in bulk to osell system
3)Track your order status in osell(including the tacking number)
4)Company logo and company name custom made
5)One-to-one customer service.

If you are interested,freely contact me.

waiting for your soonest reply and talk more.

Nan Guo
Email: [email protected](you can send gmail to me)

experience
09-05-2013, 10:22 PM
As I have already posted on this thread, dropshipping from China can lead to some nasty surprises for your customers.

How do you tell if your dropshipper is reliable? Good feedback? There is a big online industry in providing feedback and good reviews.

If you buy from dropshippers away goes a large part of your profits. Buy direct from real manufacturers at genuine ex-factory prices if you want to maximize profits.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1