WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Oranum - "We" took the jump

Aeracura's LLC
05-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi friends :) After seeing many post out here on Oranum and checking them out, being terrified of the video part, and observing the whole process, a few of us took the jump in together and I have to say, I love it. I love the concept, the interface, the traffic and the opportunity.

That being said, it was easier to do as a group because a bounced things off one another, helped each other out and it was not so scary alone. Keen is ok, but it is not consistent like Oranum.

It is work, it is chat and you will do better if you are engaging in chat, and that is work. Private readings come. I had private readings my first night out and have every night since. Last night was 87 minutes for one of the readings. If I was surprised about anything, it would be how easy I got used to the video aspect and how creative you have to be to keep your free chat engaged and therefore moving into a private reading. Far different then a party where you do readings for 6 hours and that is all you do. So, it is a bit of work v. the lines that you wait for calls on, but it is the best I have come across so far. They market the heck out of the site also which is sweet.

There is a referral program, those are paid from Oranum, not your earnings, which Keen is a little different on referral and then charging you to be in a group to harness your strength in numbers. Groups in Oranum are free.

If you are interested in Oranum I would be happy to answer your questions. It is easier in a "group" or really just knowing you are not all alone. It took me a week for my private chat time to exceed my free chat time. SO worth the effort. I like face to face readings and have been doing them for what seems forever, but I have to be honest, I like this just as well.

Referral link: Psychic Registration - Oranum (http://registration.oranum.com/master_account.php?partner=Renie)

You do not need a phone line, you need a stable (wired) internet connection, you need a HD cam ($30 - $40 with Mic included) and you need time to be online to create a solid, reliable presence for your clients.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Irene

previa74
05-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Realistically though, how much can you make on Oranum per week? Are we talking $40-50....$100/$200? Let's say you're a decent reader and you put the work and time in like you explained. I just don't want to waste 4 hours doing freebies and then make .30/min on a bunch of one question private readings. I'm not trying to sound snotty here, I just really want to know what you can make on Oranum. The site is SO flooded with readers, more than even bitwine and making money on bitwine is like pulling teeth.

You don't have to tell me exactly how much you made. Just give me a ballpark. I HATE The idea of doing video chat but I would consider it if it's honestly lucrative and worth my time. Thanks!

Aeracura's LLC
05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't know what bitwine is, but I can sit on Keen for hours with nothing. I started 2 weeks ago tomorrow on Oranum. They break the month days 1-15 and 16-30/31. So far for The 16th onward I am in free chat 3h:18m and privates 3h:12m, I am at $94.98. I will tell you what I make, it isn't a secret at all.

These are the things to consider:

the first 2400 minutes online your locked rate is .99 per minute. Then you can price it how you would like to. You make 40-50% of that. 50% for when you are in your chat and someone takes you to a private reading. That is $30 an hour for readings within that 2400 minutes.

I have yet to be online on Fri - Sat or Sun, I am looking forward to being able to do that with my schedule. My first week was about the same in earnings.

I don't do "freebies". we chat about things, I do have oracle cards with messages I will pull sometimes, but I don't do free room readings. Freebies are against Oranum policy, period.

The chat room is work, you are interacting, people are getting to know you. I did readings my first night online, and have every night since. I have not once sat in my chat for more then a minute before someone came in.

So no you aren't being snotty, and I will tell you flat out the way it is. You will need to do free chat to build a client base, I have repeat clients already and they are smart with their questions, heed advice and come back. Mine seem to conquer one thing at a time per reading. If you think free chat is a waste, then this isn't for you. To me, this is my bill board to sell myself and make that personal connection. As time goes on, I will be in free chat less and privates more, and with week 2 being about a 50/50 split, I am good with that. I am not sure where you are with 30 cents a minute? No idea, anyway, that is how it is for me. I have been logged in on 8 occasions so far and I intend to work this to my full advantage. You aren't going to jump in with $1000 a week, you can't with the rate lock, and with any service industry, it takes time to build your base. Is this for everyone? Nope, but I like it and it works well for me. Best wishes.

previa74
05-22-2013, 01:51 PM
thanks for being honest and for the info. I will have to think about it

helenslight
05-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Please read what you are agreeing to when you sign up for this company. I posted it in another thread. I seems like a great place to work. I really want to work there. But my gut is saying no way. Just know what you are signing. \

It also bothered me that part of the "Ethics Codex" or rules is that we were not suppose to talk about "serious" things like death or other "serious" things. I don't know about you but when I do readings I try and leave on a hopeful note but, during the readings I discuss what the clients want to discuss. Now I do not tell anyone that they are going to die or that they are sick but I do talk about serious stuff...divorce, abuse, domestic violence, addictions etc. I believe I am there to talk about what the client need to talk about. The rules said that we are to give them strength. How can we give them strength when they can't talk about "serious" stuff?

Please be aware of what you are signing. I read the whole, huge agreement.

Aeracura's LLC
05-23-2013, 06:31 AM
It would seem to me Helen, that anyone agreeing to any business, online or otherwise should be reading "The whole huge agreement". Would you not agree to that statement? Oranum is not right for everyone, there is no question about that. Where did you see that it indicated that you can not talk about divorce, abuse and domestic violence, addictions? If that were the case, that would make our presence moot.

I would suggest that you ask for clarification from Oranum on this Ethics Codex statement you refer to:

"We don't talk about death and serious problems to the Members, we are here to give them strength"

In training we were advised not to disperse legal or medical advice or predict death. Seems to me a consistent standard for all of the sights.

So if your gut says no way, then follow that. Those that have no issue with the agreement will be Oranum advisors should they choose. Oh, and I also responded to your initial post. You are incorrect about needing to access a .exe file for doing readings. That is an option for a different interface, it is not a requirement. In fact in the same place you see the ethics code you will find:
What is it good for?

Oranum's downloadable Expert Software can be used additionally to the one in your Expert Center.

So, like any other venture, selling candles, purses, other psychic sites etc, if you are undertaking a business the responsibility is yours to know the rules and regulation. It is not for everyone, but I think it is important if you are going to put opinion supported by information out here, that the information you are submitting be accurate. Best wishes in whatever you choose.

helenslight
05-23-2013, 07:17 AM
The part of the contract I showed was fact based. It is right there. I am not saying that this is a bad company. I am saying it is invasive and we should be aware of what we are signing. The chat program may not be an exe file but the file for tech support is definitely an exe file.

Blessings,
Helen

JohnJeffrey
05-26-2013, 04:14 PM
helenslight,

As I posted previously on this board, i'm working for Oranum as a Reader for ages. To help you, please let me clarify certain things:

- They have those clauses in the Agreement to use our materials on advertisement creatives. For example when you are online on Oranum.com, you also appear on Horoscope.com, what is a HUGE advantage, and means lots of extra traffic! This clause allowes them to do this, and I think it's fair to inform the Readers about this.

- They don't install a program on your computer to scan your system. They use a commonly known software to check your computer's settings ONLY if you turn to them for technical help, and you ask them to look into your system. Otherwise they give you 24/7 technical help through Skype and e-mails. I used this software once when my camera had conflicts with my other softwares, and they helped me pretty fast.

Glad you found other places useful also, good luck for you!

John

helenslight
05-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi John,
I checked with a lawyer about these clauses in the services agreement and she said that the wordage is not that odd. It just felt odd as I was reading it and it created dissonance inside of me because I really wanted to work for this company. I may have been overly cautious.

Take care,
Helen

Rosella777
05-27-2013, 06:17 AM
My referrals usually make any where from $200 to $4500 every 2wks depending on what time they put into it. Oranum also always pays on time.

Click Here > Hiring Psychics & Tarot Readers to Work From Home (http://wecanhireyou.com/HiringPsychics.html)

Check out my AVON e-brochure/ Order Online today for all your needs WORLDWIDE
AVON SALES click here today to ORDER GREAT deals (http://rosedawson.avonrepresentative.com/)

helenslight
05-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Rosella,
I have applied to Oranum. They have sent me an email telling me to reading the Training Materials and the Knowlegebase on their website. I am now in the process of trying to contact them on Skype to talk to them about working for them. They told me to contact oranum.admin I got my make-up on this morning and was prepared in case they wanted to talk to me right then. I wanted to look good as well as make sure I knew the material. I sent a request for contact to 3 people that had admin.oranum in their names and no one got back to me. I waited a couple of hours just in case someone logged on. No one contacted me. What is the best way to proceed from here? I still need to fix my background so it looks good on webcam. Should I just keep logging into Skype and sending contact requests?

Thanks

cristina
05-30-2013, 09:02 AM
I guess i'm old school. I just cannot see myself being TIED to a schedule as if I were going to work. I've been doing readings for 13 years online. I've done some on webchats before, they always feel through. I've been to the Oranum site and it's freaky how sometimes you get to a psychic and all you see is an empty chair or someone eating or something that's "off"
I'm sure Oranum is great for some, but don't think it's for me. For extra money I just do more face to face readings in my local area, always brings in more than I would sitting for many hours on a site. I have to agree that Bitwine and KEEN are like pulling teeth to make any money.
I've built my online client base on LP, very hard to do these days with so many new readers. But doable for me :)

helenslight
05-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi Cristina,
My understanding is that you don't have to set a schedule...at least I am not seeing all the psychics doing that. I may be wrong. I have given up my one online job that was not metaphysically related so that I can pursue doing more readings. I have a shop on Etsy and work on a metaphysical community. So I kinda like a schedule. I like knowing what I am doing in case anyone buys a reading on my Etsy shop.

I have had the experience of someone eating in free chat on Oranum. It is different and against the rules. I think drinking is okay.

I finally got a hold of someone on Skype and it all worked out. They were very nice and liked what I did. Hope you do well on all your readings.

Helen

Angelic April
06-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Realistically though, how much can you make on Oranum per week? Are we talking $40-50....$100/$200? Let's say you're a decent reader and you put the work and time in like you explained. I just don't want to waste 4 hours doing freebies and then make .30/min on a bunch of one question private readings. I'm not trying to sound snotty here, I just really want to know what you can make on Oranum. The site is SO flooded with readers, more than even bitwine and making money on bitwine is like pulling teeth.

You don't have to tell me exactly how much you made. Just give me a ballpark. I HATE The idea of doing video chat but I would consider it if it's honestly lucrative and worth my time. Thanks!
I agree, I am making .30 a minute, but when hired at the site I am at now, it was made to seem like ALOT more then what I truly am "take home" :(

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1