WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

monkeycocoa
05-13-2013, 01:20 PM
I have a blog and joined some affiliate programs. As the blog is still new, not many traffics by now, so i'm wondering how I can promote the affiliate links?

danasurvey
05-13-2013, 03:20 PM
You can learn a bit about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to get some organic traffic from search engines. Also look for other sites, forums, groups, social networks, etc. where people might have an interest in your product or service. Many places will allow you to have a link in your signature or a section where you can advertise. Just make sure not to spam and follow the rules of other sites.

Good luck. :)

Jennifer Leese
05-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Good info! Thanks.

iwjenkins
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Hi
I hope the following helps:

There are many ways to generate leads but be careful not to spread yourself too thin. My advice would be to target one particular strategy, research and then take action.

You may wish to combine paid with free.Paid will get you to where you wan to be quicker if used correctly. Start off with a budget per week and see how you get on. You should be able to cover the costs and more.

You need to build a list to then market your affiliate products using attraction marketing.

Once you have achieved the results you are looking for, replicate and then move onto the next strategy until you have a range working effectively.

You can try the following - some free and some paid:

Forums...here you are!
Blogging
PPC
Solo Ads
Social Media
Facebook ads
Article Marketing
Banner advertising
E-mail Marketing
Ezine advertising
Offline - classifieds, radio, business cards, flyers, stickers, T-shirts and a bit of a wacky one, a rubber stamp...stamp everything...letters, money etc....think how many hands those go through.

That's it. I hope this was helpful. Please let me know if I have missed anything out.

All the best

Ian Jenkins

msuggitt
05-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Many moons ago, I received a BS degree in Business Marketing and still think the basic teachings apply to any service or product whether it is marketing on or offline.

You should think of how to get your message seen by those who have the interest in what you are selling AND the means to signup and/or buy. (traffic is nice, but targeted traffic that BUYS is where the $$ is) So that means just because I may be successful in promoting one of my programs/products here on this forum doesn't make it ideal for everyone to promote anything.

So where/how you advertise should be hinged on who/what/where are the customers who want/ need what you are selling. Then you go to where they are and get your message out in front of them. If you are hunting moose, you need to go to where the moose are!

For instance, this forum is full of wahms or want to be wahms so you know that is who will be seeing your message if you advertise here - best place for promoting say gamer items? or truck aftermarket products? probably not.... but good for items that would benefit wahms in some way.

Sometimes local flyers put up around town will get you more traffic then tons of online ads, again it depends on who your customers are. Simply think of where those people would see your message, are there any local people who may be interested? (cards, biz flyers, car decals) ... think of where they hang out, on & offline & start advertising......

5guys1girl
05-16-2013, 10:24 AM
You don't really want to post affiliate links. The way to get traffic is as iwjenkins stated to pay for it. This gives you the quicker results.

But if you want traffic to start coming to your site, you need to post articles with value to different social media sites.

When you do this, you will get a following who will eventually like and trust you enough to purchase from you.

Remember this is your business so it will take some time and grooming.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Kristy3
05-17-2013, 09:14 PM
I have a blog and joined some affiliate programs. As the blog is still new, not many traffics by now, so i'm wondering how I can promote the affiliate links?

For me personally I found that joining a blogging platform, Level One Network, has really helped me learn how to promote affiliate links as well it gives me tons of traffic to my site because there is so much content in the network.

What blogging site do you use?

I would keep up the blogging and keep sharing your links through social media.

JTGMarketing
05-18-2013, 10:06 AM
msuggitt, you're right of course. Generating traffic isn't enough. You need to have targeted traffic that will be interested in the products you're offering.

dandjdavis
05-18-2013, 11:14 AM
I joined Partners in Profit and Click Per Action which is has a new concept of
Affiliate Marketing and I have been amazingly surprised with the a lay-out of the program. It is actually a step by step and do at your own pace easy program to follow. The Ceo and Creator has video's that are really great and we get daily assignments to make sure everything is done properly. I am learning on marketing. In time I can really see this working and becoming a long residual income.

talfighel
05-20-2013, 09:35 AM
The one thing you want to educate yourself is how to market online. Plus, not every technique that someone recommend here will work 100% good for you. Some will not get you any traffic.

You must track everything that you do to see what works best for you and what doesn't.

The best and fastest way to get traffic to your website or blog is to use pay per click on Google or Yahoo/Bing.

believersbelieve
05-25-2013, 06:29 AM
The best two ways are definitely through SEO and Social Media. SEO drives traffic to your pages and social media acts as an advertising platform for it!

Tanya2012
05-26-2013, 09:11 AM
I had the same question that she had, and I can really say everyone gave very good answers. I plan on following them all :rolleyes:

Xelin
05-27-2013, 02:34 AM
Write a very good content.

There's 2 types of writing:

1) You provide useful information like how-tos and the like.

2) Reviews, like you're writing a review about a product or service that you've used

Either which, make sure you link to the right landing page. Right means that your anchor text is related to where you want your visitor to land.

Provide photos if you must. Avoid too many links and the like as they can distract your probable buyer.

ccole
05-30-2013, 02:46 PM
SEO is the best thing to for that. You can make some articles and submit it to different article directories. You can also join to different forum sites which talks the same to what kind of topic you have then make your affiliate link as your signature. you can also make a blog that will showcase the product or service you render.

kikco89
05-30-2013, 03:56 PM
These SEO techniques are great.
-Quality content is always better than Quantity for your site or blog.
-Use busy forums with your niche for quality back links. Put your URL in the signature to increase traffic.
- Use social sites. Do not just spam advertise your stuff, interact with the community. Join Facebook groups and post your articles.
Always make people feel like they can trust you, write helpful articles and guides and offer your support to the readers. make it easy for them to get in touch with you, etc...

bizzambo
05-31-2013, 04:57 AM
the best thing to do is to build an authority site and write product reviews and then get your product reviews ranked high with seo for buying keywords... all your supporting articles should be tailored for long tail keywords that should naturally rank with zero or just a few high quality links!

Tanya2012
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey,

All this information was very helpful to me! Thank you all

preets
06-10-2013, 06:48 AM

The best way to promote affiliate product by writing review of that product and give a fair idea about the product to your visitors. Dont try to sell them , just write honest and informative review.

cheers

Preeti

VJlyn
07-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Interesting read here. Thank you all for sharing this wonderful information.

thom22
08-10-2013, 05:11 PM
The one thing you want to educate yourself is how to market online. Plus, not every technique that someone recommend here will work 100% good for you. Some will not get you any traffic.

You must track everything that you do to see what works best for you and what doesn't.

The best and fastest way to get traffic to your website or blog is to use pay per click on Google or Yahoo/Bing.

PPC is the technique that I've been using, although it's a little expensive! Forums are very effective as well.

msuggitt
08-12-2013, 07:44 AM
You don't really want to post affiliate links. The way to get traffic is as iwjenkins stated to pay for it. This gives you the quicker results.

But if you want traffic to start coming to your site, you need to post articles with value to different social media sites.

When you do this, you will get a following who will eventually like and trust you enough to purchase from you.

Remember this is your business so it will take some time and grooming.

Good luck with your endeavors.

I'm not in total agreement with this advise in all situations. Over the years, some of my biggest success in affiliate marketing has come from 1 item - 1 time sale (like xmas items) - this is the game that keeps most of us going in this business, its the excitement of affiliate marketing.

Sure we want to ensure long term income but most of us who have been in this awhile ALWAYS have one eye open for THE product that everyone wants --- just look in any newspaper or magazine across the country - we still see one page ads for single products and that is because that is where the big money is - its the jackpot we all want to hit.

btw: I made thousands off single products in the weeks before xmas over the years - off one product - one time sale - promoted for the holiday.... I always try to do that each xmas and hope for THE product of the season but always pull in money each & every year promoting different items every year. (one year it was boots, one year it was a game another year glow sticks) I have yet to duplicate the 'fast' accumulation of money building organic traffic - plus I like the game, and love the variety and the opportunity to promote what I want, when I want vs promoting the same company year after year - see there is lots of room online for different strategies!:)

rudolph007
08-12-2013, 10:23 AM

well first ov all going to forum is a gret way to get ranket on goole you may have to creat a web page and advertise that with you oppertunities on it put lots of content in it, business cards simple home made signs posted in neighborhoods great for kids to do,ccar wraps there are lots of ways to promote oppertunities.

Yuliya Mironova
09-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Article directories are a wonderful way to get traffic and backlinks to your website.

5 years ago, perhaps.

Not so much now that the Panda updates have had their say.

Nor is either of those the intended purpose of an article directory. Article marketers tend not to want traffic going from a search engine to their own site via an article directory, because most of that traffic is typically lost en route. It's much better to have the traffic coming directly to your own site, in which case it all arrives instead of most of it being lost.

Article directories are there to make copies of your articles available for re-publication on other sites that already have some of the targeted traffic you want to attract. The purpose of putting it in a directory is to make it available for publishers. That's why article directories exist. Not for backlinks and not for their own traffic.

(By the way, "ehow" isn't an article directory).

NicoleEvaBrodie
10-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Hi,
I have also been working for the same cause. there are so many different ways and its really easy to get overwhelmed with all the information.

Depending on your budget you have so many options, whats your weekly budget? perhaps i can send you one of the tutorials i have been using. Let me know, I would be happy to help:)

dsmpublishing
10-01-2013, 07:47 AM
For me my traffic mainly comes from:

- solo adverts
- twitter
- facebook
- returning visitors
- mailing lists
- SEO
- forum marketing
- word of mouth
- Pinterest
- photo sharing sites

Pretty boring average traffic but it works and it converts

aldiablos
10-11-2013, 01:38 AM
You can go to Post on blogs and forums .Write a viral eBook or some other "viral" product .Write ads or reviews for classifieds websites.Build a Squidoo lens.Promote affiliate products directly through pay-per-click advertisements .

Dilynn
10-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I would highly suggest at first to only focus on 2 ways of promoting your affiliate links. Keep a journal of your results for the first two weeks. Try free things at first such as forum posting (google your niche + forums) and guest blogging (your niche + guest blogging).

Best of luck to you and if you need more step by step information, please feel free to click on my website below.

GG9909
10-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I would also suggest using Ezines to place an ad or provide an article and keep those related to your affiliate product. Some offer free and others at low cost. Just pay attention to the 'circulation' #'s.

Dilynn
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Traffic excites me ....the advice above is great. I am a big believer in trying free traffic first. One week try just forum posting. Read the rules and abide by them. Trying one technique each week will make it easier for you to track. Week 2 try guest blogging. Type in your niche + guest blogging into google and start tracking your results. Best of luck!

austin11
10-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Ok, I have placed banners on some of my general web directories and had 1 hosting conversion but with lunarpages. Try buying ad places for cheap in highly trafficked sites of general webmaster interest.

There are plenty of blog owners who sell ad spaces in 125x125 banner form.

Just a tip.

MariaThompson
10-29-2013, 02:46 PM

If I understand the question correctly, you're asking how to sell affiliate products. Writing ad copy? If so, this is a vast field of learning. The best way is to dive in and see what works, but you could also do with reading some books on the subject. On a blog platform, what works well are honest product reviews (pros and cons) and in-depth studies. In terms of increasing conversions and CTR, preselling works well - so as writing as much detail about the product as possible.

AllanJames
10-29-2013, 08:00 PM
The best two ways are definitely through SEO and Social Media. SEO drives traffic to your pages and social media acts as an advertising platform for it!

Now I don't want to brass anyone off here, but I hate the assertion 'the best' in any advice giving in a forum

It's such a generalization, has no specifics and is usually opinion rather than evidence based fact and therefore leads the reader, especially if they are inexperienced, well off track and they waste time they can never recover while putting 'the best' into action.

'two good ways' is more reliable and informative in that any reader will recognize that it's only only one (or in this case, two) of the many methods available to them.

I can put 1000 potential buyers every hour in front of an offer or a page of my training blog, but is it 'the best' way?

For me, for some offers, yes, but for anyone else???

MariaThompson
11-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Now I don't want to brass anyone off here, but I hate the assertion 'the best' in any advice giving in a forum

It's such a generalization, has no specifics and is usually opinion rather than evidence based fact and therefore leads the reader, especially if they are inexperienced, well off track and they waste time they can never recover while putting 'the best' into action.

'two good ways' is more reliable and informative in that any reader will recognize that it's only only one (or in this case, two) of the many methods available to them.

I can put 1000 potential buyers every hour in front of an offer or a page of my training blog, but is it 'the best' way?

For me, for some offers, yes, but for anyone else???

Good post, Allan.

I agree with the general flavour of what you're saying - that there is no one "best way" when it comes to driving traffic to online offers because different variables necessitate different approaches - but I will add that when faced with common variables, there are indeed best ways.

Example:

"Moneymaking products." E-books.

A poor promotional approach would be unsolicited email spam, posting ridiculous claims on social networks, or media buys on a blog that sells puppies. Contrarily, the best ways would be developing an email list of qualified subscribers who want to receive "make money" e-books, media buys on moneymaking entities, SEO, PPC (Adwords), forum advertising on moneymaking communities, guest blogging on moneymaking blogs. So those are the best ways.

But, as you've already made clear, it's a relative science!

AllanJames
11-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Good post, Allan.

I agree with the general flavour of what you're saying - that there is no one "best way" when it comes to driving traffic to online offers because different variables necessitate different approaches - but I will add that when faced with common variables, there are indeed best ways.

Example:

"Moneymaking products." E-books.

A poor promotional approach would be unsolicited email spam, posting ridiculous claims on social networks, or media buys on a blog that sells puppies. Contrarily, the best ways would be developing an email list of qualified subscribers who want to receive "make money" e-books, media buys on moneymaking entities, SEO, PPC (Adwords), forum advertising on moneymaking communities, guest blogging on moneymaking blogs. So those are the best ways.

But, as you've already made clear, it's a relative science!

And, sincerely, returning the compliment for your well considered reply.

It made me think about the times I've said things like "if you're not developing an email list, in any niche, you are making a big mistake and leaving money on the the table". This is undoubtedly true for me and most (all?) the people I know that are successfully making money online on a repeat and ongoing basis in a huge range off niches, but it's a bit like saying that email marketing is 'the best way' isn't it?

Maybe I should instead be saying ''email marketing is one of the very best ways...." ?

Moira
11-02-2013, 03:22 PM

One of the ways you can be more successful with affiliate marketing is to think first in terms of rather adding value and giving out information that serves the people who are likely to be interested in your affiliate products. When you serve first you are more likely to be successful at promoting your affiliate links because you should have built up trust and people come to know you as well.

One of the ways to build up trust would be to give away a free gift in the form of information that your audience needs - in exchange for their email address and permission to market to them. Once you have a subscriber share information with them and build up a relationship - build a community around your business. Then people on your list get to know you and what you stand for - they'll be more likely to make a purchase that way.

Build up your credibility by posting regularly on your blog, and then sharing those posts on social media platforms. Add autoresponder follow up messages and ask your readers to go and read a blog post you've written which pre-sells them and educates them into buying. Share reasons why they should invest in your affiliate product and what benefits it has for them.

Other ways to build your list, and therefore have more subscribers to promote your affiliate links to, is to add value:

* on discussion forums where your audience congregates online,
* write articles with a link in the resource box going back to your blog (with optin form)
* comment on blogs in your niche,
* put several blog posts together to create a Special Report, share it on social media
* share your content on social media platforms
* create videos which discuss your affiliate products

It all about adding value for the people who you are targeting and getting in front of them with your content.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1