WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

janny108
05-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Where should we try if we can't get a billing job w/o experience?
thanks
Jan

samrhett2
05-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Hi Janny, I see no one has answered your questions, so I will simply say that I can sympathize with you. All the schools tell you how much in demand coders, billers and transcriptionists are but what they don't tell you is that you will have a very hard time finding a job doing one of those things without the work experience.

I have a degree in Health Information Technology and have even processed claims for Blue Cross Blue Shield and still cannot apply for most jobs because they all want you to have the experience doing the job.

You are here, so I assume you are looking for WAH jobs. I think anyone's chances of getting work at home as a biller or coder without work experience is almost impossible.

These days I think people are taking whatever they can to get their foot in the door and hoping someone will recognize their hard work and talent. Good luck.

janny108
05-11-2013, 10:50 AM
What kind of work are you doing now?

samrhett2
05-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Six years ago my dad needed help caring for my mom who is bedridden. Since I am a single mom, he put me on a payroll and has provided insurance, so that has been my job. While I was working there I got a degree in Health Information Technology. Before that I managed a restaurant at an upscale golf course for 10 years, I also worked previously for Blue Cross Blue Shield. I am pretty old. lol. I also have about 15 years office experience.

Maybe that's the problem I am too old. :)

Anyhow, my parents need to go to a nursing home and are in denial. I need to get out of there because the longer I stay the longer it allows them to put off the decision, Of course, I have to be able to replace that income to make it work.

janny108
05-11-2013, 12:08 PM
did you ever work in medical records? I am volunteering for the hosp right now. I haven't been to school for it, I have a cert in billing. I have let the boss know I was interested in a job there...

samrhett2
05-12-2013, 04:08 PM
No. I never did that. I just completed my degree in December. I am going to try to find something from home for a little longer before I start trying to find something else. I just can't bare the thought of getting up and rushing around getting dressed and commuting to work every day. Not for the kind of horrible pay that jobs are offering in this area.

janny108
05-26-2013, 04:25 PM
keep us posted!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1