WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Psychics Beware

home
05-07-2013, 07:38 AM
I have my feelers out for a psychic line position--have worked for various lines in the past and am wanting to begin reading for a line once more. Recently, I had an interview with a person named Amy with Honest Psychics.org. The reading went well and she hired me and said she would be sending a packet via email. She took down information and wanted my bank account number so that I could be paid monthly by direct deposit. I did not give it to her because my spirit guide was jumping up and down, telling me not to do it. She insisted. by telling me she had to have the bank number or could not proceed. I told her no that I would have to give it to her later.

She then told me I needed to call on following morning to give her the number and that if no one answered the phone to leave the information on the answering system. Yeah--right. Anyway, just wanted to find out if anyone else has had this type of experience or knows anything about this particular line.

AstralJessica
05-07-2013, 01:36 PM
If you have a paypal account, give them your paypal email address associated with that account. If they wanted it for direct deposit they would have requested a copy of a voided check to be scanned and emailed to them. You have to do your research on that company. I would instead try to get a job with psychic access. The owner, Doug, is a member of this board. His company is totally legitimate. I should know, as I work there. The pay is decent and everything.

home
05-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Does psychic-access pay more than 30 cents per. minute? Also, I do not want to do web cam readings--just phone. As for the lady who insisted that I give her my bank account number, I immediately knew that they would not need that type of info over the phone BEFORE started work. So the company is either a fake, or they have hired someone who does not know any better.

DougC
05-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Home,

Please correct your last post. You are making it sound like some lady from my company (Psychic Access) asked for your checking account number. That is not true, the person that does the hiring is a man and sounds like a man. We only ask for checking account information if the psychic wants to be paid by direct deposit and we don't request that info until after the psychic has been hired.

Psychic Access does pay more than 30 cents aminute, way more. I would ask you to look at our employment website but you are adamant about not doing webcam reaidngs and that is mandatory with us.

Best of luck to you find a position, I imagine it is not an easy task.

home
05-08-2013, 09:51 AM
It was a place called Honest Psychics that requested my bank account number and I was actually responding to Astral Jessica's comment that I should try your company, Psychic Access, to which I responded by asking about payment rates. I did not intend for it to sound as though it was your line and I do apologize.

I realize that many psychics do use web cams for their readings. However, it is not something that appeals to me which is why I prefer to do phone readings. I know that many other psychics feel the same as I do about this. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding--I was only trying to warn other psychics about this line called HONEST PSYCHICS.

cristina
06-25-2013, 01:55 PM
never give your bank account number unless you have throughly researched the site. most legit sites will pay you via paypal. I only do direct deposit with KEEN and that is because they were owned by AT&T at the time, (they are now owned by Ingenio-again). They are definitely legit.

Now some fly-by night psychic site will never have my bank account nor should they have yours.
Another psychic site to watch out for is. www.worldofpsychics.com. The owner Ally signs you up, then hits you up for 12,000 to be an equal partner in the site...wow.

helenslight
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
I thought that I was going to have problems doing readings on webcam because I felt fat. But guess what? I am one big ham! I love being on camera. LOL!!!! It just feels so natural to me and i love the connection I feel toward my client when they can see me. I think I said earlier...I wear MAKE-UP! A little contouring and mascara and blush go a long way. I have always loved acting and improv but I have never been on camera...who would have thought that I love it! OMGosh!

entrepreneur1
06-28-2013, 09:09 PM
This lady Amy had a very negative vibe to her. I too did fill out her paperwork, but they didn't even have it all prepared. She had me sign some temporary contract with JUST my signature and a few sentences. I thought to myself, what is this? She kept calling me back saying I was missing calls (which I wasn't), rather the system declined the callers credit card every time. Then she confirms this and says I did NOTHING wrong??? HUUUUHHHH? She ended calling me like 8 times over a 3 day period.

Last convo I had was 'we need to fix the system, so we're taking you offline and will call you in a week or two....."

After reading this comment, I think I will pass...

Thanks for posting!

PS: I don't think I gave her anything personal/financial...

alexbinaac
07-04-2013, 02:36 AM
Does it help for you ? if you get any benefit from the psychic, you can try it once more.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1