WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

hercharminglife
05-06-2013, 12:53 PM
I have some of my own, but I'm curious what your best question's to ask a jewelry consultant.

liz.jewels
05-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Here are a few I recommend:

What are your products made of/how are they made?
What is your exchange/return policy?
Does it cost the customer/rep anything to exchange/return?
What is your national party average?
What is your commission rate?
How are commissions paid (do you pay full price to the company and get a check or do you pay the wholesale price when submitting orders)?
Who pays for hostess rewards (company or rep)?
How much for supplies? How frequently do they change?
How frequently are pieces retired? When retired, do they get marked down by the company?
How frequently are new pieces introduced? Are there special discounts on new pieces?
Can people buy directly from the company website? If so, does the order profit a rep or the company?
What is the format of your typical party (presentation/games/etc.)?

nv93446
05-06-2013, 02:56 PM
If I were doing a business I would want to know the compensation plan i.e. personal sales volume I would need as well as number of recruit(s) and team volume. Some companies make it hard to earn money from your team right away. If I'm doing it as a hobby with zero interest in building a business, that would be different. But I see women signing up because they love the products and once they get board and don't realize they need to certain requirements to earn a team commission then get disappointed because they didn't get all the details upfront. In my opinion with all compensation plans, people need to earn a team commission sooner than later otherwise they get discouraged quickly.

What would you ask?

Janette

AnneP
05-06-2013, 03:33 PM
In addition to those already mentioned (love the question about sales on the company website - big issue for me if company is taking sales from reps, unless they are just too small to have a system in place to distribute the leads), I would add:

As far as supplies, I am most interested in knowing the cost of catalogs and samples (assuming it is not a "sell from the table" type of business).

Is there a yearly renewal fee?

Are there incentive trips and, if so, how difficult are they to earn? Do you have to recruit to earn the trip, or can you earn it from personal sales only?

What is the cost of shipping (both supplies to you, and the cost to the customer/hostess at a party)?

On what basis are leads from the company website distributed? Is there a certain sales target I need to meet to be eligible for leads? Are leads only given to managers?

What is the turnaround time from order entry to the hostess receiving the jewelry?

How is the jewelry packaged (both to the rep and to the consumer)?

Does the company have replicated websites and, if so, what is the cost?

Does the company cover credit card fees? If so, what cards to they allow you to accept?

What is the backorder situation like? (Are their a lot of pieces on backorder at any given time? How long to backorders generally last? Does the company do a good job of estimating when backorders will be shipped? Are backorders shipped directly to the customer who ordered the piece or do they go to the hostess?)

Have you had any issues with quality control in general or on specific pieces? If so, how has the company addressed those issues with you and/or the customer?

That's all I can think off off the top of my head.

hercharminglife
05-06-2013, 04:37 PM
AWESOME questions, many I had not thought of! The turn around and packaging question are brilliant!

Thank you all who have posted so far!

liz.jewels
05-21-2013, 07:11 PM
So, today I came across a rep who was with one jewelry company who wanted to quit and join my company.

When she called her corporate office, she was told there was a $250 termination fee to end her agreement before the end of her contract term. That's more than it costs to sign up with this company in the first place.

I would add to this list that you should ask whether there is a termination fee to leave the company.

MialisiabyTammy
05-21-2013, 07:13 PM
So, today I came across a rep who was with one jewelry company who wanted to quit and join my company.

When she called her corporate office, she was told there was a $250 termination fee to end her agreement before the end of her contract term. That's more than it costs to sign up with this company in the first place.

I would add to this list that you should ask whether there is a termination fee to leave the company.

Wow, that's terrible! I never heard of that before!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1