WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fun fundraiser this weekend!

liz.jewels
04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
How are everyone's parties going?

I do an annual fundraiser for a Relay for Life team (the two team captains lost a friend to breast cancer in 2010 - she was in her twenties!), and the party was yesterday. So nice to get together with them!

The captains had 6 orders already when they walked in the door, but there were a lot of conflicts and only three other guests showed up in person, so we had 5 more orders at the party. All together, it's a great fundraiser with 11 orders and well over $500 in sales, plus I expect a few more orders to come in as well.

Plus, because of the 6 order requirement ending June 30, the mother of one of the hostesses is having a book party closing in early June!

And another guest who had never seen Silpada before fell in love and is hosting a "jewels by the pool" party in August. We set the date already so she is on my list and ready to roll!

The other guest is a frequent customer and has been successful getting orders for this fundraiser in the past, so I expect to hear from her today or tomorrow. Last time she had 4 more orders.

Would love to hear what is exciting in your business today!