WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Any success posting to fb groups

karri_lee
04-26-2013, 08:17 AM
I am curious if anyone has had any success posting their opps on fb groups?

danasurvey
04-26-2013, 10:40 AM
I've been able to get some quality traffic from Facebook and other social media. It takes work and a lot of networking though. But it can be worth it.

jamest
04-27-2013, 07:29 AM
I've been able to get some quality traffic from Facebook and other social media. It takes work and a lot of networking though. But it can be worth it.

Would a boring insurance business benefit from facebook advertising? I just hear the general rule that fb users prefer entertainment based advertising - eg games

danasurvey
04-27-2013, 10:30 AM
I think any business can benefit from having it's own Facebook page. Games and entertainment may be more popular than Insurance, but you could still possibly get potential leads and customers via Facebook and other social media.

Kristy3
04-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Would a boring insurance business benefit from facebook advertising? I just hear the general rule that fb users prefer entertainment based advertising - eg games

Facebook is a great way to advertise any business even insurance. So many people online want are there to find answers.

Blogging is also a great way to promote a business because you can get the content to show up on Google and Yahoo.

It is all about finding who your target group is and what works best for you.

Hope this helps!

thom22
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I think any business can benefit from having it's own Facebook page. Games and entertainment may be more popular than Insurance, but you could still possibly get potential leads and customers via Facebook and other social media.

Thanks for writing this post. I am considering advertising my business on Facebook. I heard that it's more cheaper than using Adwords.

lisadlastdegree
05-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi I found if you just go to groups and leave your business promotion and link that it mostly gets ignored. Either you are competing with heaps of others doing the same or it looks spammy. I found by having your own page and consisting providing good content from your business/blog and sharing other content you start to build a relationship with people. Also I recommend using the facebook advertising because you can really target your audience. Link them back to a post or your facebook page though rather than a link outside facebook.

thom22
05-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi I found if you just go to groups and leave your business promotion and link that it mostly gets ignored. Either you are competing with heaps of others doing the same or it looks spammy. I found by having your own page and consisting providing good content from your business/blog and sharing other content you start to build a relationship with people. Also I recommend using the facebook advertising because you can really target your audience. Link them back to a post or your facebook page though rather than a link outside facebook.

Great advice!

alexandertyler
05-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Hello Member,
Facebook really helps to promote any business either it is small business or big business. Facebook is a social networking website which is very popular these days.The national and international companies are creating their own Facebook accounts and promoting their products and services . Even if any company have wants to increase thier sale and revenue , the Facebook is must for them.

Thanks and Take care:)

nightanddaylove
05-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Posting on Facebook groups that were designed for business advertising seems useless. Everyone in the group is already affiliated with a business and is just looking to advertise; the posts seem to be overlooked. However, I would not post on a group that was not meant for advertising.

socalmom2
05-18-2013, 11:49 AM
I just joined hootsuite and I send out automated messages to several facebook groups that I'm in. I agree with lisadlastdegree, everyone else is doing the same thing. what you have to do is post a solution to someone's problem therefore creating interest. For example, post that you can help them increase their income with their business and you can show them how. HTH.

Angie

JTGMarketing
05-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Facebook can be a good way to advertise your business. It can take some time, but it can be worth it. You just want to make sure you find your target market, and be consistent.

Linda Hughes
05-18-2013, 06:39 PM
I HIGHLY recommend using Facebook as an advantage for networking! Be careful posting to groups - if you do it too quickly it will toss you in Facebook jail - I use hootsuite to post to several groups (that allow advertising) but spread it out on a timer and they go out no more than 3 times a day. I get 4 to 5 friend requests per day. Good Luck :)

kikco89
05-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Sure Facebook Groups can bring some curious viewers towards your business! Everyone should definitely have a website where you can talk about your business or services though, share information and how's tos, etc...
Make visitors feel like they can trust you, they should feel like they are safe witht you and they will come back and even mention your stuff...
Write quality reviews and guides on your site and post them on Facebook Groups with your niche. Using Adverting Facebook Groups is useless, they don't read the content just post their own biz there!

sandeep01
06-13-2013, 05:54 AM
Facebook is cool. I get a very decent traffic from FB group. My suggestion to join few groups on FB and start promoting your product/website. Don't post a big article on FB group. Because you have to consider that FB user login to FB to check their friends update not to read a 1000 word article. So try to describe the things in 2-3 lines and give a link to your site.

beckysmarketing
06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Facebook groups can be great, however I believe it is according to what you are promoting. I have had decent luck because what I offer works in conjunction with building any business online. So I could see if it is just another business, it might not be so great because everyone is there to advertise their business.

dottiefobel
06-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Great advice, I'm going to try that. I have been trying to to advertise on facebook, but yeah they start to think your spaming. I have had a few intreast, but it would be better if they liked my page. Thanks for the advice.

dandjdavis
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
If you go to your Facebook Home Page and type in the search area, Example: Networking Marketing Groups or whatever your business(Groups) is to promote. The Groups come up and it will say Join Group. They will let you know if they approve or not. I have alot of groups that I post to daily and in return I view their page. It is a great way to get your company list out there on the internet for others to see.:)

dandjdavis
06-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh, one more thing, sorry, I forgot to say, if you are viewing their pages also as you are posting I don't think it is spamming. Does anyone know?

Erica Chaves Sandwall
06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
What groups do you advise to stay away from and how many different groups do you join?

Kelly1993
06-15-2013, 02:45 PM
A Facebook page can definitely increase your chances of conversion.

lisadlastdegree
06-26-2013, 04:07 AM
One tactic you could use instead is there is software you can buy that downloads the facebook Id's of members of a group into an excel file. Then you can set up a paid advertisement, upload the Ids and then the ads will only target the list. Its another way for targeting a certain market. The software only works on open groups though not fan pages or closed groups.

littlemark
06-30-2013, 08:18 AM
I am curious if anyone has had any success posting their opps on fb groups?

It all depends by the niche you're targeting and which content you're offering. If you have a very hot topic and you find the right niche/group on fb you can get a lot from that group.

SarahEandDavid3
07-02-2013, 11:31 AM
You need to check the rules of the FB groups. Many groups do not allow any type of advertising, however there are specific groups you can find for your target audience, or that promote the sharing of home based businesses, etc. In addition you can create a business page and share it with your friends, this can be a great tool if used appropriately.

dsmpublishing
07-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Yes I have but there is a big but coming....

It takes ages to put a great researched lists of groups together that have not been over spammed. And it took me about 4 weeks to do this so you need to have some patience!

Secondly I have had much better results when I have posted to a blog review rather than a direct affiliate link as lets face it everyone is doing the direct affiliate link aren't they?

crabby1s
07-13-2013, 12:45 AM
I've been able to also get descent traffic from Facebook and twitter. It takes lots of work and a lot of networking though.

mommysweeps13
08-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Can someone tell me ....what is "facebook jail" and what causes you to be in it?

rudolph007
08-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Facebook is a great way to advertise any business even insurance. So many people online want are there to find answers.

Blogging is also a great way to promote a business because you can get the content to show up on Google and Yahoo.

It is all about finding who your target group is and what works best for you.

Hope this helps!

Is marketing on social media platforms very lucrative? and is it hard to do/

rudolph007
08-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Posting on Facebook groups that were designed for business advertising seems useless. Everyone in the group is already affiliated with a business and is just looking to advertise; the posts seem to be overlooked. However, I would not post on a group that was not meant for advertising.

It seems to be a great way to advertize even if you don"t receive a sale because yahoo and google pick it up and moves you up on search engines.

mikeda1
08-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Posting on FB is a great idea because you can get a lot of targeted traffic.

Cheers:)

dottiefobel
08-06-2013, 01:57 PM
I find that from what I gather from other Marketers that Social Media is a big productive way to market. I would say find your target market. Just think of it as a seed. You got to plant the seed, and slowly it will grow. People start to know your business. And slowly will start to gain interest. Remain consistent. Check out some You Tube Videos and see if there is any suggestions. Just be sure to abide by Facebook rules.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1