WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Origami Owl or Paparazzi Jewelry

cvconner
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
I have signed up to be on the waiting list for Origami Owl, but I have a friend that sells Paparazzi Jewelry. I am just wondering which company would be better to start selling with? I LOVE Origami Owl, but I probably going to have to wait a long time before I can even being to sell with them. Paparazzi looks good, especially the price tags!! Thoughts? Opinions?

KNicholls
04-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I sent you an email.

Amber1002
04-25-2013, 03:18 PM
I also sent a PM. :)

I am with Paparazzi and absolutely love it! When women find out everything is just $5, they are completely shocked & tend to purchase several items instead of just one or two. I really like our "cash and carry" model because we don't have to purchase/distribute catalogs or place customer orders. If a customer sees an item in my inventory she wants, she pays and gets it immediately. We also have amazing team support.

Good luck on whatever you decide & please let me know if you have any questions about Paparazzi!

nv93446
04-25-2013, 04:25 PM
I think it depends on what you're drawn to. Jewelry is so personal. I personally prefer a variety and only buy a few sterling silver pieces or unique jewelry. If you're going to sell jewelry, you really have to go with the jewelry that you're going to love to wear and show to others :).

littleshamrock
04-25-2013, 07:38 PM
South Hill Designs!!

cvconner
04-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback. I did sign up on the waiting list for OO, but I have a friend that sells paparazzi, so if I decide to go that way I am sure I will sign up under her. I guess my big concern is the investment and the compensation plans. Any feedback on the 2?

rkaudia
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
With Paparazzi, we have a lot of freedom as to how and where we can sell our jewelry. We're allowed to set up at flea markets, yard sells, pretty much anywhere. Also, we can recruit salons or other retail establishments into our down line. And of course, we also have the typical home parties but our price point is very low and there's no formal presentations or games.

We purchase our items upfront for $2.75 + tax. We then sell them for $5.00 + tax, so we earn 45% commission on sales. We earn 10% from our downline (varies). Our starter kits start at $300, but you get $500 worth of merchandise plus supplies. You can also start by paying the $40 enrollment fee which lets you purchase the merchandise at the wholesale price.

I would start planning your business. How are you going to operate? Talk to some friends or family to see if they would hold parties for you. I went with Paparazzi because I'm new to my area and don't know anyone to host parties, with Paparazzi I can do events.

Be sure to pick the best sponsor for your business. You want to be successful.

juststacy
04-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm a papa rep so I'm biased a little. Tho I am party swapping with a oo consultant at the moment lol But I am curious why do they have a wait list? Is that just part of how the company is set up or are they growing faster than expected?

cvconner
04-28-2013, 03:39 PM
From what I can tell, the waiting list is because they grew a lot faster than expected. But now I'm having second thoughts because I really like OO, but the fact that Paparazzi is so affordable and there isn't many reps in my area is making me considering going with them instead. Also the flexibility thing is a huge factor also.

katiedevito
04-28-2013, 05:21 PM
I have been an Independent Designer with Origami Owl since June 2012 and I LOVE it! I am currently a Senior Team Leader and couldn't be happier. I would love to help answer any questions you may have.

juststacy
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Ok, That's kind of what I thought but wasn't sure.

SimplyShellini
05-06-2013, 12:16 PM
I am interested as well. I am looking at several jewelry companies and tryingot decide which ones I prefer.

natalie.mialisia
05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Hi there, I know you were wondering what jewelry business to start, and I think it's wonderful that you are choosing an at home career! I wanted to share something with you - I hope you don't mind and I hope you will look at this amazing opportunity! Getting into a company from the very beginning is a big deal and I am offering you that opportunity!

I have heard so much about the Origami Owl upset. Orders being way behind, the wait list to get into this company, etc. It sounds so frustrating! It is a wonderful product and great concept and that's why they are experiencing the fast growth. Iím telling you this because I know there are so many people who are feeling this frustration. Wouldn't it be nice to get in with a company at the pre-launch stages, therefore maximizing your income potential!?

I wanted to talk to you about something else that is experiencing phenomenal growth right now but that has the know-how to back up their designers. A brand new company called Mialisia is getting ready to launch in mid July and I have been asked by the owners and Executive National Designer of this company to help in that process because of my experience and success in managing another home based business for the last 5 years.

What I would like to offer you is an opportunity and a position in this brand new company as a founding member! It is an awesome kind of different jewelry concept. I would like to invite you to check out my Mialisia of Idaho - Independent National Designer page on Facebook and see some of the photos of this new jewelry concept. This amazing business is being launched by one of the same Independent Executive Nationals who started Origami Owl, along with some other women throughout the US.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions! I would love to tell you more about our compensation plan and the other fantastic things available to our founding designers!

rkaudia
05-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Don't forget, Origami Owl seems to have some competition with South Hills and I think that I saw another similar locket system with someone else. You might want to look into the other jewelry companies as well.

I went with Paparazzi because of the price. I'm not a big fan of attending home parties, so it's hard for me to push something on other people that I don't really enjoy myself. But with Paparazzi, everything is just $5!

SusanSellsOrigamiOwl
06-13-2013, 07:00 PM
The fact that we have more people signing up onto our waitlist every week than other companies have joining gives you an idea of how much people love our product. People also love the backstory & hiw our company came to be. We earn 30-50% on everything we sell from day one. We have a excellent straight forward compensation plan. The first year your website, back office, O2 Loop and newsletter are free. At your 1 year anniversary you pay only $99. That amounts to less than $10.00 a month which is what the industry standard is.

We just shipped out our 1 Millionth order last week. We are the number 1 direct sales company in the US. We are still a bottom floor opportunity. It wouldn't matter which company if they had the kind of growth in the short 1 1/2 years we have there would be problems. Lets not forget the 90 day strike that was the reasons for late orders.

I'm a 31 consultant as well. We were a little behind getting orders out around Mothers Day. Back in the day they had a 1 year back order for some products and a 10 month waitlist! It happens when your company is in high demand. Not all companies have that problem. I'd rather have orders coming out of my ears than one or two.

I started building my team in January. I have 38 plus diw's. My executive director has over 5,000 designers under her. We did over $20 Million in April sales alone.

There may have been those who dropped off the waitlist because of being impatient. Truthfully those that did probably don't spend a great amount of time at any company. Turn over in DS is crazy high. Most get in thinking orders and customers are gonna flock to them and when they realize there is work involved they quit and run to the next thing they think will magically get them success.

I hope the waitlist stays forever and so do most of the designers who've been at it for a few months. Do we love that the waitlist is as long of course not. I'd love for it to be 2-3 weeks minimum. It gives them time to have everything ready to go by the time they get their kit. There is no downtime and they can begin selling immediately.

I started building my team in January. I have 38 plus diw's. My executive director has over 5,000 designers under her. We did over $20 Million in April sales alone.

People need to make up their own minds. Talking negatively about a competing company does not make the company you represent shine brighter.

Eye
06-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Well said Susan!

SusanSellsOrigamiOwl
06-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Well said Susan!

Thanks sweetie!

sue311
06-14-2013, 08:10 AM
I have signed up to be on the waiting list for Origami Owl, but I have a friend that sells Paparazzi Jewelry. I am just wondering which company would be better to start selling with? I LOVE Origami Owl, but I probably going to have to wait a long time before I can even being to sell with them. Paparazzi looks good, especially the price tags!! Thoughts? Opinions?

As someone who was contemplating Origami Owl, the suggestions that others have posted here that waiting might not be a bad thing is something I have given some thoughts to. You can do things while waiting like getting to know about the company, the compensation plan, if there is a fast start program and how to achieve that, buy a locket and start wearing it, etc.

Look at the cons and pros for both companies and which you feel you would be passionate about selling. Good luck.

I just noticed you are on the waiting list for OO, maybe you should have a look at South Hill....there is no waiting list.

OrganicLady
06-14-2013, 02:57 PM
I am absolutely LOVING Paparazzi !! I have found it to be the most easy direct sales biz I have worked in. You honestly cannot beat the $5.00 price point of EVERY item. And, to top it off, the jewelry is fabulous !! Ladies, if any of you are considering Paparazzi, I really do highly recommend the company. It is such a simple concept - show and sell. That's it. And, if you are not into team-building / downline, then you can STILL make great $$$ without going this route.

Jejomi
07-16-2013, 09:25 PM
A little late to the party, no PM necessary... Origami Owl HANDS DOWN!!

LindtsbyLisa
07-22-2013, 12:57 PM
I was once told that if you go into sales, make sure you sell something that you are passionate about. I joined Origami Owl because I love our lockets, our philosophy to be a force for good and the story behind our company. I have no problem selling our product because my passion comes through when doing parties and events. What are you passionate about? I am also thrilled that we have a patent pending product coming out along with TM charms that nobody else will be able to duplicate. You have to make the choice that is best for you. Write down the pros/cons of each, talk to different reps from both companies to help. As far as O2's wait list goes...it is well worth the wait. They are being responsible by bringing Designers through gradually. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Mjasp
09-15-2013, 03:25 PM
I have a question for you Paparazzi reps and more so for non Paparazzi reps who have seen Paparazzi the jewelry.

No offense to any reps, but I have to ask, Is this Dollar store quality jewelry? I can't picture this jewelry selling for $5 and not looking like $5 jewelry. Does it break after one wear?

If you can compare it to a store jewelry, would you compare it to Forever 21, Avon, Kohl's?

Plus, do you charge the sales tax? or just charge $6 per piece so you don't have to bother with the change.

Thanks in advance for your replies

cvconner
09-16-2013, 09:40 AM
I thought long and hard about if I wanted to make the decision to join Paparazzi. I honestly know now that I made the right decision. I love my Origami Owl jewelry, but I cannot financial pay the price tag.

I love Paparazzi and I don't think all of the pieces are "dollar store" jewelry. I have had only 1 piece break on me and it wasn't from wear, it was an jump ring being stretched out and it was only because it got tangled in another necklace. I have been impressed with all of the pieces I have received / sold. Some of the newer pieces are pretty heavy as well.

As far as tax goes, I pass on the sales tax in my state. When you are a Papa rep, you are charged tax on the retail of $5.

acetraee
09-16-2013, 01:23 PM
I heard all the hype about Paparazzi and had joined. I figured for only $5, you couldn't beat it. I got my kit and was excited and wore my jewelry. Within a few wears, the pieces were tarnishing and the metal is so cheap that it was bending and falling apart all the time. I got frustrated very quickly. The price tag does no good if you are constantly buying more. I'm not trying to bash them but give my honest opinion. After some research I joined Mialisia. The jewelry is beautiful and a brand new concept. They also dip the jewelry so it won't tarnish and offer a limited lifetime guarantee. The price is also reasonable. Most pieces are between $25- $75. Nothing over $100. You only need a few pieces to match EVERYTHING you own! With company having just launched is July there aren't a ton of reps. It's easy to build a business and a downline.

debcottage
10-02-2013, 07:51 AM
My area is saturated with both of those companies, as well as Lia Sophia and Stella and Dot. I really wanted to find a company that was unique to my area. For one reason, I would show up at a party and have someone else wearing my necklace too! Haha! The second thing that was important to me was that I really wanted to find something that was affordable but great quality. I think that for so long, (until a few years ago) people were fine with spending money on themselves. Then, the economy hit and they could no longer justify spending $100 on a necklace. I think NOW people are ready to start spending money on themselves but it has to be a.) Great quality and b.) Great price. This was real important to me when choosing a company to work with. The last major consideration I had when researching companies was that I wanted to be the FIRST in my area. When I realized I could be the 1st one in MY STATE, the jewelry was affordable but very unique with great quality, I jumped in head first. I love my company, the founder and everyone who sells is soooo encouraging, helpful and positive. It is a smaller company but growing so quickly that I am ecstatic about the possibilities that lie ahead for me because I am on the ground floor. I have only been with them for 6 months and was the top seller, nationwide, last month! That is because everyone LOVES the jewelry. It has been fun and easy showing all my friends. The compensation plan and the bonuses are wonderful and I am excited about my spa incentive trip I am earning. One of my friends just moved to Hawaii and became the 1st rep there. Send me a personal message if you think you would want to be the 1st in your area.

JewelryDivaMagda
10-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi

I'm with Paparazzi and I love it. Jewelry is a personal thing. Jewelry is delicate. I've been with a couple of jewelry companies, the pieces were a lot more expensive but turned or broke too. It depends also on how it's taken care of. I've have pieces that are a year old and are just as new. I'm a jewelry dunking so I have a lot of pieces so I don't have to wear them as often because I rotate. I'm also highly allergic to some jewelry but I don't have a problem with Paparazzi.

The great thing about paparazzi is the jewelry is trending and affordable. Its fashion jewelry which so you can get alot of mileage out of your clothes if you change up your jewelry. You save money on clothes and your not breaking the bank to accessorize or stuck wearing the same old pieces over and over.

But the important thing is that you sell what you absolutely love.

Beth's ViBella
11-05-2013, 11:27 AM
wow! Some of these pieces look really nice! is there an online catalog?

brendal
11-05-2013, 06:02 PM
After doing a lot of research I decided to go with Paparazzi. The $5 price point really appeals to me as well as many of my coworkers. I work with a large company where the ladies go gaga over jewelry of any kind, yet they won't purchase if it's highly priced. It will also give me a good reason to accessorize more often. I'm very excited about this opportunity!

nv93446
11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Congrats on your new business, Brendal! If you're already a fan of the jewelry then you'll do great from wearing and sharing :). Best wishes to you.

brendal
11-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Thank you, Janette! I'm truly excited about it! The day after I signed up, I was telling the ladies I work withfull time about it. I showed them photos of the jewelry. Later that day, one of them signed up as my first team member! I have never had that happen with any other direct sales company - someone signing up under me before I even had anything to show. I have 2 others interested as well. I can't wait to get my kit & start working with my team!

JillRose98
11-13-2015, 09:15 AM
I have a question for you Paparazzi reps and more so for non Paparazzi reps who have seen Paparazzi the jewelry.

No offense to any reps, but I have to ask, Is this Dollar store quality jewelry? I can't picture this jewelry selling for $5 and not looking like $5 jewelry. Does it break after one wear?

If you can compare it to a store jewelry, would you compare it to Forever 21, Avon, Kohl's?

Plus, do you charge the sales tax? or just charge $6 per piece so you don't have to bother with the change.

Thanks in advance for your replies

YES! It literally breaks after ONE wear! I bought 10 pieces and I'm literally down to 2 functioning pieces. This stuff is crap. Not worth your money!

PaparazzibyKrista180858
06-21-2018, 03:26 PM
There are no quotas and I don't feel any pressure. I simply wear the jewelry, people compliment me and then I am able to share it with them. It is the best decision I have ever made.
I am independent consultant

adnservers
08-01-2018, 01:22 AM
Just love it.Thanks

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1