WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Are you having success?

lissa1184
04-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Are you currently having success in your jewelry company? Share what company you are with and what is working for you.

KNicholls
04-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Melissa, a great question and I would answer with absolutely!

What's working? Everyone has a story and our lockets work so that people can tell that story. That part is amazing. For me, it's really about sharing that blessing. I am blessed that people choose to share those stories and let me be a part of that.

I've been very fortunate this month so far in that my team has doubled in size. I believe that comes from simply hearing where people are and what they are seeking and then sharing the blessings that come with being a part of South Hill Designs. It continues to amaze me how much fun it is.

Crissy
04-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Hey Melissa!

As you know, I have been with lia sophia for almost 6 years now. I have always done well but this last year has been AMAZING!

I can sum it up in just a few words, ENTHUSIASM, DETERMINATION AND SINCERITY.

I am enthusistic with everyone that I meet. I always wear bling and talk to everyone that I meet. My parties are FUN. Girls want to earn free stuff but as women it is reall hard to find time for ourselves and time to get together with friends. Girls want a Fun party! Enthusiasm is contagious. My team and I have started additional Blingo events and had 40 women at the first in the new area and got 9 bookings and 3 recruits from it! All due to fun and enthusiasm.

It is really hard to be determined when things are down. A direct sales business is just like a clock. Sometimes you are at the top, sometimes you are on your way down and then the dreaded bottom. But with determination, you will be going back up and have to know that you will be back at the top soon.

It is essential to make connections with everyone and you must be sincere. People can tell if you are not. I really try to learn about my hostesses, customers and teamates. What do they need, want, desire from life? A good business woman remembers what is going on in the lives of her customers and truly talks to them about it. Customer service has been lost in most stores. Women really do want help in the fashion department.

Hope this helps!

lissa1184
04-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks so much for those wonderful replies. I totally agree with you Chrissy. I tend to do more business where I feel I am appreciated and my business is valued.

nv93446
04-21-2013, 08:37 AM
I think you have to work at getting parties booked and building a business just like any other companies. I have a friend who is at the top of her jewelry company and that's from having ladies that are doing parties, booking, and working the business. Her success motto for party plans is that "you have to party". There are also people I know who joined and quit quickly after they've done a few parties with friends. You have to do a lot of networking, marketing, meeting new people to find hostesses for your parties. Success is there for those that want it.

Janette

mandm'smommy
04-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Wonderful replies that would apply to any of our businesses.....I have been encouraged by reading through the responses and I have found myself saying, "Yes and Yes" and a big resounding "YES!"

rkaudia
04-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes and No. I'm with Paparazzi and a lot of people are interested and really like the concept of $5 jewelry, so that's a success! But, I moved and know no one in my area, so I've been doing vendor events that have been really dead, it's been cold here on the weekends. But hopefully once it warms up things will pick up and I'll find some places that work. I have a few events coming up that look really promising and a few people interested in joining!! I'm not the overnight success yet, but I'm getting there.

armymomof4
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I no doubt am having success...we have weekly commissions, constant new products that are affordable and beautiful. Keepsakes in fact! Everyone loves to create their story with lockets and charms and I love our company we have room to grow with a supportive staff and unique products. Im a stay at home mom of 4 kids and am helping support them with my income :)

Miastyle
06-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Are you currently having success in your jewelry company? Share what company you are with and what is working for you.
Well, I would say yes! I just signed up 15 days ago with Mialisia as a Founding Designer. There is still time for anyone interested in becoming a Founding Designer until the Launch in July sometime.
My first team member signed up today and I have another getting ready to sign too! So yes, I am having success and expect more to come! :)

andiistanley
06-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Melissa -

I've been with SHD for two months now and in that time I've already promoted once - and over three weeks of that has been stuck in a hospital room on pregnancy-related bed rest! I know if I was home things would be going even smoother for my business!

Miastyle
06-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Melissa -

I've been with SHD for two months now and in that time I've already promoted once - and over three weeks of that has been stuck in a hospital room on pregnancy-related bed rest! I know if I was home things would be going even smoother for my business!

Wishing you a safe, healthy delivery and baby. I was very sick with all four of mine, I know it is a difficult time. Take care!

AnneP
06-28-2013, 03:45 AM
I'm with Mialisia in pre-launch, so it's hard to say. I do my recruiting at parties, and won't have my kit until sometime in July. But, based on the samples that I have received so far, I am confident that I will be having successful parties and success in growing my business, once I get started. :)

Miastyle
06-29-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm with Mialisia in pre-launch, so it's hard to say. I do my recruiting at parties, and won't have my kit until sometime in July. But, based on the samples that I have received so far, I am confident that I will be having successful parties and success in growing my business, once I get started. :)

You will have a heads up over the next wave of Founding Designers that will get our kits in Aug. I am one of them! ;)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1