WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

jammesscot
04-18-2013, 05:12 AM
How do I get started with affiliate marketing if I am a complete newbie?

strokerchase
04-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi,

You're going to need to find some way to drive the traffic to your offer.

One of the most popular ways it to build a popular blog and then send them there. Some more information can be found on ClickBank's website.

danasurvey
04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
jammesscot,

I'd also recommend finding your niche. What are your interests? You could create a blog or site and write about that interest. After adding some content, work on ways to drive traffic to that blog or site. And put up affiliate ads, etc. that go along with that niche.

veronica.l
04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Hello,

First I would learn the basics of affiliate marketing. One of the first thing you want to think of is what you want your site to be about, what is your niche going to be, like Dana is talking about.

Your niche can be an interest, it can be a solution to a problem, it can be a product... Look around you, you have niches everywhere.

When you have found your niche then you need to decide if you want to go with your own website or if you want to go with a free version. Let us know what direction you are thinking of taking here and we can give you some tips and ideas.

For example if you want your own domain and hosting I would go with 1and1 for domain and hostgator for hosting...

Vicky

Laura B
04-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Excellent replies above. I just want to add that when you're searching for that niche, don't just say, I really enjoy knitting (just an example), so that's my niche. If you want to be successful, a niche needs to fulfill two criteria: there needs to be a demand for it, and there can't be so much competition that you don't have a prayer of competing.

One of the main ways to research those criteria is to do keyword research. Usually this can be done with the use of Google's free keyword tool. This will tell you how many people are searching for the certain keywords you have in mind. Then you can do Google searches yourself to find out who your competition is. This is a greatly simplified explanation, of course, and there are many more details involved, but that should give you some idea of what you need to do.

veronica.l
04-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Totally agree with Laura. Keywords and competition needs to be researched.

Knitting kind of got my attention so I just plugged that into the Google keyword tool that Laura is talking about.

"Knitting patterns" caught my attention so I dug deeper into that keyword.

Knitting patterns for scarfs
baby knitting patterns
beginners knitting patterns

There you have a niche "knitting patterns" or if you want to go even more targeted dig deeper...

This would of course need some more research... competition, how to monetize the site and so on.

writepro
04-19-2013, 08:00 PM
James, you got some great info here from Dana, Laura, and Veronica.

One thing I'd like to add...

Make sure that the niche you're targeting is willing and able to spend money on products in that niche - and preferably used to doing so. That will help with increasing your commissions. Also pick something where there are several high quality products you can promote.

Good luck!

amish159
04-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Today is best option for Affiliate Marketing is growing Internet Business field. Traffic is key to any Business, but in the world wild marketing of the Internet it is king. Online Business often hire Affiliate Marketers to drive traffic to their Websites to buy any Products.

talfighel
04-24-2013, 08:12 AM
There is a book called:

How I Made My First Million Online And How You Can Too By Ewen Chia.

I read that book a few times last year and it is very good and gives you the ins and outs of internet affiliate marketing.

By the way, you can get this book on Amazon. It is a physical book and not an ebook.

lisadlastdegree
04-29-2013, 03:48 AM
There are a few really good affiliate marketing training programs free and cheap. Compared to biz opps, traditional affiliate marketing is really up to you to research a niche, create a website/optin page, generate traffic to convert into sales. But if you do the work at the start the income will keep coming in. If you are interested in automatic software to help with the keyword research and website development you are welcome to check out my YouTube video review below.

BBKS
05-01-2013, 06:29 AM
One way to start is do a search to see what program are out there that you are interested in and see if they are free to start. You also have to make sure that it's something that you like to work with.

msuggitt
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
I simply find products and/or services that interest me and drive traffic to that website. In the past I've built websites and blogs but honestly now have just as much luck without them (using TE's, signature links, article writing, ad posting) You can also easily change direction or products without being tied down to your own site and there aren't any hosting, domain, or auto-responder costs.

I agree that Clickbank has awesome basic training for newbies, you don't have to use the information to promote only their products as it can be applied to any product services you choose. :)

AllieRambles
05-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Great ideas here.

I was just thinking that if you need to get started you can either start a simple expert blog (on your own domain) like one for dogs. Then you can sell dog collars, food, leashes, whatever. With this sort of site you can use SEO and social media to drive traffic there. Along with ads and other promos.

Or you can start a very small niche site that specifically only sells one item like a high end dog house. Usually this sort of site is all SEO driven. Less personal.

Or no blog at all and just run ads to simply drive traffic directly to site using your affiliate link.

I hope that helps.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1