WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Looking for a company

mrohlfs
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Hello there! I'm looking for some information on jewelry companies for my mom. Here are my questions:

* What is the starter kit cost?
* Is there a yearly renewal fee?
* Are websites provided? If so, how much are they?
* What % of sales do reps make?

Thanks!!!

~ Melissa

MarcieR
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Hello! Your mother may in interested in Magnabilities, the leader in interchangeable magnetic jewelry. It is a ground floor opportunity with a proven, successful product.

* What is the starter kit cost? We have two kits, priced at $249 and $499. The $249 kit includes over $850 in retail value, and the $499 kit includes over $2500 in retail value. Both kits also include business supplies and our magnetic mannequin Miss Magnabilities.
* Is there a yearly renewal fee? Yes, $20 a year.
* Are websites provided? If so, how much are they? Your website is free for the first 3 months, then 7.95 + tax every month after that.
* What % of sales do reps make? Retail profit is 25% on base jewelry and 40% on inserts. Consultants are eligible to earn much more than this by becoming active and growing their team.

Let me know if you have any questions!

liz.jewels
04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Hi Melissa!

I've provided the answers to your questions below for Silpada Designs. Just in case you aren't familiar with my company, it's the only direct sales company that focuses on sterling silver jewelry, rather than plated/fashion jewelry.

The base kit is currently $150, and includes one jewelry "look" (3 pieces), and all of the catalogs and business supplies needed to do 6 parties. There are also options to add jewelry to your kit at 50% off at sign-up.

New reps can earn unlimited amounts of free jewelry during their first 100 days. With 3 average parties in the first 30 days, they earn a $1000 free jewelry certificate.

Yes, and it is $150 currently, but used to be $199 (we're not sure if it will go back up this July or not). With that, you get to choose a $100 jewelry certificate or a business supply pack worth over $100.

Websites are provided to all reps for party management and online ordering. The cost of the website is included in the yearly renewal fee, so there is no additional cost and all representatives have a website.

Our reps make 30% of sales, and our national party average is $1000.

I'll also share that all of our products have a lifetime guarantee against defects and that the company has wonderful training and coaching available from corporate and regional leaders, so while you would be in business FOR yourself, you would never be in business BY yourself!

I would love to send you a catalog and business information. Please send me your address and I will get a package off to you in the mail!

Best wishes with your decisions!
Liz

KNicholls
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Melissa,

I sent you a PM. Good luck in finding the right thing for you and your mom!

Crissy
04-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi Melissa,
I have been a leader with lia sophia jewelry for 5 years now. I love lia sophia because we have a huge range of styles. I can work with ladies who love dainty pieces, big blingy pieces, classic and traditional pieces as well as red carpet pieces.

Our starter kit is $149 and includes over $1,200 worth of jewelry and supplies to last 5-6 parties. New advisors can earn an additional $600 in jewelry in their first 15 weeks when they meet their excellent beginnings levels.

No there is not.

New fashion advisors receive their personal website for free for 3 months. It is then $9.95 a month. We can do do online ordering, send out e-vites as well as e-marketings.

Our advisors make 30% of full price and half price sales, and our national party average is $650. As a leader we make 40% and 10% on our central team.

Please make sure to compare apples to apples. While some companies make a higher percentage they may pay more for their supplies and jewelry. What you want to look at is take home pay after all supplies, jewelry samples, credit card fees, hostess fees etc..

Pm me if you would like more info on lia sophia. No matter what company she chooses, she will love being a jewelry lady!

Best wishes with your decisions!

mrohlfs
04-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks ladies for your help!

ness125
04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Hello,

I would love to talk to you about Azuli Skye. Please check us out online and and if you would like more information please contact me.

Vanessa

Runningmom6
04-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Hello there! I'm looking for some information on jewelry companies for my mom. Here are my questions:

Thanks!!!

~ Melissa

Hi Melissa, I see that you have a few answers and I thought I would also tell you about the company I just started selling with in March!

The starter kit is $159 and it gets you all that you need to start gatherings. You get jewelry (I don't remember the specific cost-something like a retail value of around 500$). And there is no yearly renewal and websites are provided. The founder,Deb McNaughten believes in helping us make money and we can get business builders for very low costs. Supplies, biz cards etc.

Consultants typically make 25% and you do not have to have inventory unless you like to do cash and carry things. You also make your money up front. You don't have to wait for the commission or anything. But there are ways to get bonuses and Free jewelry all the time.

It is a ground floor company which began in North Carolina about 4 years ago. Our national training is led by the founder, which is pretty awesome. This is one of the best companies I have ever been with. The customer service is second to none.

Thanks for looking! I am just starting but I would love to have someone learn along with me. It is a fun company. The jewelry is lead free, cadmium and nickel free.

Francine

rkaudia
04-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi, you may want to look into Paparazzi Accessories. We buy are jewelry upfront and everything sells for $5! No catalogs or taking orders!

* What is the starter kit cost? Starter kits start at $300 (includes 100 pieces of jewelry + business supplies). You can also start by paying the $40 enrollment fee which allows you to purchase the items at wholesale prices.

* Is there a yearly renewal fee? You need to purchase 100 items per year to stay active. If you want to earn commission checks from your downline, you need to purchase 25 pieces per month.

* Are websites provided? If so, how much are they? We get a basic replicated site for free. But, we don't take orders from the site, it's mainly for enrolling new consultants. Also, we don;t have to purchase catalogs. Our inventory is constantly changing but the customers won't know whether it's a new or old item, so it could always me resold for $5.

* What % of sales do reps make? 45% commissions

wolfegirl
04-22-2013, 06:57 AM

Thanks!!!

~ Melissa

Kit cost is $199
No renewal fees (monthly or annual)
Websites provided and free
25% on your sales / up to 6% on your first line / up for 4% on your second line / up to 3% on your third line and up to 2% on your fourth line / includes cash bonuses, jewelry bonuses, free trips, lots of recognition and tons more

With that said ... it's unlike any jewelry company today. We're fairly new, but on very stable ground. We're growing very fast and filling up states rapidly.

We sell an Ecoresin jewelry both made in the USA as well as by Artisans throughout the world. This is a 40% recycled material. We give back to charity, the environment and more.

Your sales don't only supply you with an income, but you give back to the earth and help other women around the world gain independence and become empowered!

MialisiabyTammy
05-18-2013, 12:40 PM

Thanks!!!

~ Melissa

Hi Melissa, I don't know if your Mom found anything yet, but I thought I would include my info.

I work for Mialisia which features a beautiful line of interchangeable jewelry.

The party kit costs $499 during the prelaunch phase. It includes $1600 of product and has everything you need to host a party including the display. It also includes a website. There is also a $199 party pack ($600 value) but it doesn't include the website. It is $50 a year if you get it separately. There is no renewal fee.
Reps get 35% of sales and are allowed to do craft shows or to place the product in stores with less than 5 locations.

Please message me if you would like more info or visit the website listed in my profile.

OrganicLady
05-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Sent you a message....

AmyHPJ
05-20-2013, 10:14 PM
I've been with Half Price Jewelry Business for a couple of months now and loving it. I sell all my jewelry for 50%-80% off retail, so my customers get great deals, and I pay my hostesses cash rewards rather than free products, which they love!!

There is no cost to join and no kit. No renewal fees, catalog or forms costs. Everything in our catalog costs $7.50 and I sell most items for $19. Even after a $4 hostess reward, I still make 50%. They do not provide websites, but you can sell anywhere on-line or through stores because you sell under your own name.

I'm not interested in building a team, but they do have a leadership plan too.

hnickless
06-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Thanks!!!

~ Melissa

I can answer to the best of my knowledge. Simply Charmed Gifts is launching in the fall. The kit will be $99+ tax and shipping and you can have the opportunity to earn a rebate. I'll have to ask about a renewal fee. The websites will be available in 2014 and there is not a price set yet to my knowledge so I don't know if it will be included or not. Reps make 25% and additional bonuses on volume as well as team commissions and bonuses. I can send the compensation plan to you. As you can tell, it's very new. They just started up their wait list for it.

blueyedgrl1982
06-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Thanks!!!

~ Melissa

Hi Melissa!
Simply You Jewelry-- which is a ground floor company- with PLENTY of room to grow.

Start Kit- $139.00 which in the month of June you can get rebated if you hit your first level fast start (I hit mine with 2 parties..)
There is not a yearly fee
Websites are provided, and are $8.00 a month.
Advisors start at 25% and have the ability to earn bonuses every month which you could earn up to 40%

It's been an amazing journey for me so far! I'm on the #1 Selling team and we are kicking butt! I've been in direct sales for 6 years- and this has been the best!

MommywithScents
06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
I would love to share some information with you about a new company called Charmsations, I am a founding associate. We are super excited about this company and all it has to offer.

* What is the starter kit cost? There is no starter kit required. We are going to be offering "Sparkle on the Go" boxes to demonstrate the product for a minimum fee.

* Is there a yearly renewal fee? no renewal fee

* Are websites provided? If so, how much are they? Websites are provided, you will have a affiliate link and you can request your own domain for a small fee. Other than the initial domain fee if you decide to go that route, there are NO website fees.

* What % of sales do reps make? Commissions paid are 30% and 5% on your downline. There is a quarterly requirement of $50.00 in sales.

I would love to share more information with you if you are interested.

Thanks,
Jolene

CreateAstyle
06-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Mommywithscents,

Could you describe your jewelry line? I'm with another company but like to know what kind of companies are out there. :) Congrats on your new business.

MommywithScents
06-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Mommywithscents,

Could you describe your jewelry line? I'm with another company but like to know what kind of companies are out there. :) Congrats on your new business.

I just sent you a PM - let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!!

SusanSellsOrigamiOwl
06-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I'll tell you about how much I love being with Origami Owl!

Kits are $149.00 and $399.00.

We earn 50% on Charms & Dangles
We earn 30% on Lockets, Chains, Tagged Line

There is no minimum sales to meet to earn the %. The day you start you earn it! The day you start you are able to order at wholesale prices as well. Both retail and wholesale sales go towards your PV. Many companies don't do that! We get our commission on sales paid on Friday. Lets say you did parties all week this week include Friday and Saturday. Your commission will be direct deposited the following Friday.

When you start building your team you only need $250.00 in pv to earn 9% of your team sales! That is why we have the best compensation plan in the industry. As you move up your minimum group pv will go up as it should. The percentage you earn from your team will also increase. It's a really great compensation plan. I love getting my team commission very month on the 10th.

We have amazing Hostess Rewards that are 100% company paid for!

The first year of being a designer you get your website, O2 loop, newsletter & your monthly training FREE! After your 1 year anniversary you would pay $99. That comes out to less than $10.00 a month.

Our catalogs are 25 for $12.00, full color 42 pages!

Our product is beautiful, well made & comes with a 90 day warranty. Our charms are hand painted here in the US. The Pewter Tags from the Tagged line are made in the US. We have a excellent backstory that people love. A 14 year old girl came up with the idea and this company is an American Dream come true. The founder Bella will be turning 17 on June 17! At our convention next month they are giving away a Jeep! Which is the car Bella was able to buy when she turned 16! At the convention we are also raising money for the Make A Wish Foundation. Our product line is always expanding. Every charm we have looks like art.

We have a waitlist. Knowing what I know now & having the amazing team that I do I would have waited a year to have this. The woman are the most giving helpful group I've ever met. As with any ground floor company there have been bumps. I can tell you this the company has been behind the designers 100%. We have a waitlist because they are committed to not only take care of the designer they have now but they also want to make take care of the future designers. Another great thing about the company is we acknowledge our problems. We don't sweep them under the rug & pretend everything is perfect.

I do fundraisers every month where I give 100% of my commission to the organization. I would have never been able to give back without being a designer for Origami Owl. I have a great business, I'm an excellent role model for my children & have a stable monthly income coming in so I can save for the emergencies and pay for the extra things in their lives that make them feel like the special girls they are. I'm so thankful and blessed to be given this opportunity. As with all business just signing up isn't going to make you rich. You've got to do the work.

LindseyThrives
06-14-2013, 06:06 PM
I am also a Founding Designer for Mialisia Jewelry.
Everything you need to know about me and the company can be found on my website that is linked in my signature. Good luck with your search and I hope you find the right one for you ! Mialisia Jewelry was the right choice for me. A product I believe in and the opportunity to start out at the top of a company during pre-launch was a no-brainer for me.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1