WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hate the Dr. - weighing

ginahinderliter
04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
I've been overweight all my life. I went to the doctors earlier this evening because I've had a lot of issues with my arm lately. Of course the first part of every doctor visit is the weigh in. I've gained 20 pounds this month. I've got to slim down....I'm bigger than I've ever been in my life. I don't know how to do it. I've never dieted but I have to. I was seriously scared that they were going to send me for an MRI or something...the last thing a claustophobic person wants is a MRI. That statement is false...the last thing a fat claustophobic person wants is a MRI. Luckily I didn't have to get one but seriously where/how do you start? I've tried buying salad's and just can't do salad. It goes bad before I even consider eating it.

matoozie
04-17-2013, 04:56 PM
One of the first things is to get leverage on yourself, which it sounds like you have. Sometimes it can take a while to get to that point where you are ready to do it.

I am doing the 180 Turnaround. I don't have to really figure out what to eat. That was always really hard for me, since I didn't have a very good relationship with food to begin with.

In getting where I could start this most recent transformation stage, it was kicked into gear when I read the book Wheat Belly. I cut out the wheat to help with my weight and to cut cravings, but I was shocked at how much my psyche was affected by wheat. It was a catalyst for me to make the rest of the changes I needed to make. I feel better now than I think I ever have. My daughter came home from college Monday and said that she's never seen me this small.

Start with a pebble that will create ripples. Your mind needs to think, "Okay. I can do that." Don't tell it no, just get it to put off the treats for a little bit. Do that and trick it in other ways so that your emotions cooperate with you.

Good luck in your journey. We will cheer for you.

ginahinderliter
04-18-2013, 02:36 AM
Thanks for replying. I've decided maybe babysteps is how I need to go. My first goal is to find a beverage to replace all the soda I drink. I went grocery shopping and for the first time in years didn't buy soda. Instead I bought a case of water and propel packets. I've heard they're not the best for you either but surely better than soda. Plain water might be too much of a step right now and detour me because I'm not a fan.

ginahinderliter
04-18-2013, 02:41 AM
I just checked out the 180 challenge. I'd never heard of it before. Looks interesting but money is a little tight right now.

strokerchase
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Good job on eliminating the soda.

Sugar is one of the reasons why we are gaining so much weight. It's in a lot of foods now.

I'd suggest to hunker down, read about all the diets, and chose the one that you believe in the most. :)

Bailey4
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
The library can be a great help, too. DH and I decided we aren't going to diet, because it never works for us, but we are going to change how we cook and meal plan to change the way we cook foods to make healthier choices. We've found lots of different options for cooking things we like with healthier alternatives and we are continuing to pursue these changes. We've been borrowing cookbooks from our library network and have purchased a few that we really liked.

It is interesting to discover how many healthier substitutions in ingredients, etc. you can make and still enjoy many of the things you like. I've been surprised at how good the stuff tastes.

As for water, I started making herbal iced teas without the sugar. I love the berried teas and always drank them hot without sugar. Cold they are just as tasty and don't require any additional sugar or substitutes to make you feel like you can have something other than water.

losebell1992
05-12-2013, 04:46 AM
come dr lose money and can't completed

GregPrice
05-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Hey I wish you all the best..... Have you heard of Live the Lifestyle? Its not a DIET, its a program created by Susan Thomas that teaches you how to "balance" your plate. It works and it will change your eating habits forever. Im a certified coach, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck on you journey!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1