WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Can anyone help me get started?

k_hall1784
04-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I am new to the whole selling on ebay thing and I wanted to know if someone would be able to point me to some good literature on how to get started or help me get started. I'm not sure what drop shipping companies are reliable and I'm really not sure how to start.

nbfbaw
04-12-2013, 12:22 PM
This is a good site that might help you.
The Auction Moms ? A Community of Moms Selling Online (http://theauctionmoms.com/welcome/)

experience
04-12-2013, 01:23 PM
I am new to the whole selling on ebay thing and I wanted to know if someone would be able to point me to some good literature on how to get started or help me get started. I'm not sure what drop shipping companies are reliable and I'm really not sure how to start.
It is very difficult to determine whether a dropshipper is reliable. Asking on a forum will often lead to responses by people who might benefit by recommending a dropshipper and you will still not know if that one is reliable or not.

You might like to look at the thread "Dropshippers?" which has attracted a lot of attention, with 35 posts and thousands of views.

If you don't want to read the whole thread, I suggest you look at post #33 on the last page.

Snooks
06-06-2013, 06:35 AM
When I first started selling on Amazon and eBay I learned everything from Skip McGrath.

Just google him and check out his website. I'd recommend at least joining his free newsletter as it has great advice.

I've purchased several of his ebooks and they are very detailed with instructions for beginners. I've also emailed him with questions and he was very helpful and prompt with his responses.

~ Gina

extremelibrary
06-06-2013, 07:05 AM
This is a good site that might help you.
The Auction Moms ? A Community of Moms Selling Online (http://theauctionmoms.com/welcome/)

Thanks for recommending that site. I signed up for there newsletter.

jboies
07-30-2013, 10:54 AM
at bebetter.ws , they sell ebook for what you are searching about, I don't know if the products are good, the only thing I buy there is in the jobs section, Advance Media Online, its a archive with over 10 000 jobs opportunity. So now I can work home, I am happy without the traffic each morning. its crazy here at Montreal !

experience
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
at bebetter.ws , they sell ebook for what you are searching about, I don't know if the products are good, the only thing I buy there is in the jobs section, Advance Media Online, its a archive with over 10 000 jobs opportunity. So now I can work home, I am happy without the traffic each morning. its crazy here at Montreal !

The book on importing advertised on that site is written by someone who says it took him 18 months to work out how to do importing.

I have 22 years experience in sourcing and importing, and prior to that I was exporting to Asia/Pacific countries for 9 years.

mominternet
08-10-2013, 03:15 PM

Dropshipper: From time to time I have used Vista Wholesale. They deliver in a timely manner. They have low price items that you can start with.

eBay Tip: Before you list any item be sure you take a little time to do some eBay market research. Use the eBay advanced search check the completed items option and type in the keywords to find out if the given drop ship item sells. Some items have their seasons of when they are best to sell or when you can get the most on your investment. This will also help you evaluate the market and get a profit margin idea.

Wish you the best.

experience
08-11-2013, 03:26 AM
Dropshipper: From time to time I have used Vista Wholesale. They deliver in a timely manner. They have low price items that you can start with.

eBay Tip: Before you list any item be sure you take a little time to do some eBay market research. Use the eBay advanced search check the completed items option and type in the keywords to find out if the given drop ship item sells. Some items have their seasons of when they are best to sell or when you can get the most on your investment. This will also help you evaluate the market and get a profit margin idea.

Wish you the best.

Have a look at http://http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Vista_Wholesale and see if you want to deal with Vista Wholesale. 22 reviews produced a customer rating of 1.8 out of 10.

Why buy from wholesalers who give you tiny profit margins? Instead, I know of many people who have turned to importing small quantities which they buy direct from the factories in China, just like Vista Wholesale do.

Forget what people say about huge Minimum Order Quantities (MOQs) quoted by Chinese manufacturers. Those big MOQs are only there to deter little, one person businesses, but there are ways to ensure that they will supply much smaller orders, still at ex-factory prices.

You may not have such a big product range to sell, but you can still make more profit. Would you prefer to sell 100 items a day at a profit of $2 each, or 10 items a day at a profit of $20 each? Not only that, you will be in control. You will not be depending on your wholesaler to deliver on time. You won't get bad feedback because your wholesaler has run out of stock and hasn't let you know.

beachblue
08-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Some great advice here. I personally used The Auction Moms ? A Community of Moms Selling Online and found it very informative. There is no substitute to doing a lot of back checking to see what prices have been achieved previously for items you propose selling. Do a mixture of buy it now and auction to see what works best for your products.

AuctionDebtEliminator
08-20-2013, 07:24 AM
The book on importing advertised on that site is written by someone who says it took him 18 months to work out how to do importing.

I have 22 years experience in sourcing and importing, and prior to that I was exporting to Asia/Pacific countries for 9 years.

Ah yes, I have actually read this guy's book too. It's great.

We agree on quite a few things -

Additionally, I would recommend staying away from 'dropshippers' per se. Or, really going into dropshipping without having a COMPLETE understanding of the eBay market.

It is absolutely critical that you know - before hand - what items are selling for, and what format yields that profit.

This is a common mistake I see a LOT of people make on eBay. They just don't do this research - they take a 'stick-their-finger-in-the-wind' approach and lose a LOT of money in the process.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1