WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Vent

NYoung
04-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Sorry ladies, I just need to vent a bit because I'm not sure how else to handle it at this point. I have this girl on my "team" ie we have the same sponsor, therefor we're competitors but we're a part of the same team.

A few months ago I had an ad on facebook, and she commented on MY ad saying she had an order going in on such and such date. Yesterday someone posted on Facebook asking about a replacement dish for their warmer, and I was the first to respond. She commented underneath saying "I'll order that for you."

Is there no such thing as common courtesy? I don't really know how to address the issue, or if I even have a right to be mad. We're competitors, but there's no way I would hijack her ads or try to take sales away from her.

Thoughts?

Erica Chaves Sandwall
04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
I would never do that to a fellow consultant especially if the are my friend on Facebook or anywhere else.. That is very rude and she would deleted immediately.

Amandis95
04-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Wow, I would send a private message but it sounds like she doesn't care. That is really plainly rude. I would never do that to another scentsy consultant, whether I knew them or not. To push people out of the way to get an extra $2.50 or $3 commission is just ridiculous. Not the kind of person I would want to associate with, but other than confronting her I'm not sure there is anything else that can be done. And I don't like confrontation, so I probably wouldn't do anything...

ScentingChicago
04-08-2013, 08:29 AM
My thoughts: She sucks.

But I think you should be the bigger person, which it's obvious you are, and try to ignore it? Hopefully people will see past her and go to you. Try to let karma make it's way around, ya know? But I'm sort of passive aggressive.

Lets put it this way, my own AUNT is a Scentsy addict and I haven't tried to take her away as a customer from the Scentsy consultant she had before I started selling. Now, if her consultant left, she better buy from me, lol.

NYoung
04-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the support! I definitely don't like confrontation either, so I'm going to try to ignore it. It's true, karma does have its way of biting one in the butt! :)

nv93446
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
That is terrible and I don't like confrontations either. I'm wondering if perhaps you could let your upline know so she's aware of the problem? It's just a suggestion or keep an eye and see if she continues doing this. Hang in there and good karma will come your way.

Janette

liz.jewels
04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
I would remove her as a facebook friend and delete her comments on my posts.

NYoung
04-11-2013, 04:52 AM
We live in the same small town and she's really great friends with my sponsor, so unfortunately i'm not even comfortable talking to my sponsor about it. My hubby is in the military and we're out of this town soon, so I'll probably send her a quick good bye message when I leave lol

LAscents
04-14-2013, 02:33 PM
My thoughts: She sucks.

But I think you should be the bigger person, which it's obvious you are, and try to ignore it? Hopefully people will see past her and go to you. Try to let karma make it's way around, ya know? But I'm sort of passive aggressive.

I have no problem confronting people, but I agree with the above. Sometimes saying nothing and just letting her hang out there looking like a buffoon for all to see is the best remedy. People who employ those tactics don't go undetected.

I wouldn't give her the time of day. Stay laser focused on providing excellent customer service and working your own biz. Her cut-throat antics will bury her on their own.

SassyCassie
04-15-2013, 11:43 PM
I have no problem confronting people, but I agree with the above. Sometimes saying nothing and just letting her hang out there looking like a buffoon for all to see is the best remedy. People who employ those tactics don't go undetected.

I wouldn't give her the time of day. Stay laser focused on providing excellent customer service and working your own biz. Her cut-throat antics will bury her on their own.

I agree with this!
Also, don't think for a second that others don't realize what a lame-o she is making herself look like. Honestly if I saw on one of my friends epicure posts that another consultant was saying "Ill order that for you" "I have an order going in on xx @ 00:00" I would realize what was going on.

Continue to hold your head high and work your own business! Sounds like you're taking the classy route, even if it really is annoying and sucky for your teammate to be doing that, so good on you!

marnay
05-07-2013, 02:15 PM
I would block her on FB, then she won't even see your posts to comment on.

alisha119
05-08-2013, 06:31 PM

I agree with you.:rolleyes:

Scent N More
05-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi, If this young lady is not the type to hear you out. She doesn't sound like it. You can simply post your ads without her seeing them. Are you using a fan page or personal profile? Depending on which one. Just delete her comments on a fan page or on a personal profile just click the drop down menu that says friends or public. Click on custom and follow prompts. She will get the hint without you saying anything. ;)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1