WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What the f

SamanthaJ
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
It seems Colorado is excluded from a lot of affiliate programs. Anyone know why?

naunakat17
04-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Oh no!! Yes I would like to know too!

beckysmarketing
04-05-2013, 07:37 AM
It's because of a Colorado Tax Law. They want companies to collect sales tax on products sold and pay to the State of CO and affiliate programs do not want to deal with that.

The law says that because the affiliate lives in Colorado and is selling to other Colorado residents (definitely pushing a loop hole since on the Internet you would sell to everyone in the world) But because of this, the State wants affiliate companies to collect and pay Colorado sales taxes and they are just not going to do that when they don't in other states I guess. I assume they would have to hire a whole new department just to take care of the sales taxes coming in.

naunakat17
04-05-2013, 08:52 AM
So its almost impossible to do affiliate marketing in Colorado?

beckysmarketing
04-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Google affiliate programs colorado

Look for an article by Kyle Martin title How to Become an Amazon Affiliate in Colorado, California or Illinois

Might give you some ideas... Article started last year but noticed he has replied to it recently.

Hope this helps! :)

angienewton
04-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Don't flip out over it. I am in IL (another state with the same laws). You CAN still do affiliate marketing, you just need to find companies/networks that pay sales tax and/or are based in your state.

There are so many ways to make $, affiliate marketing is just a piece of the pie;) It depends on your niche but there are places like Best Buy, Walmart, Target and others that have a presence in your state which you will most likely be able to join.

Of course, some are going to look at your stats, how long the blog has been around, how much GOOD content you have, things like that.

rmc0302
04-06-2013, 06:17 PM
So is Maryland.

Kristy3
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
That sucks! I hope you can find quick and easy solutions!

SamanthaJ
04-08-2013, 07:44 PM
I realize that it is only a piece of the pie I have independent advertisers but it was something I was hoping to do :( Thanks I will looking walmart, target, etc. My numbers and content are good :D

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1