WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Now what

naunakat17
04-04-2013, 02:23 PM
I know I have asked this before but I am still lost. I have created a wordpress site and gotten my domain name for something I am passionate about writing about. That being said I am lost after this. I would like a free ebook or a cheaper one. Not a referral to a site where I get a trial and than have to pay. I almost need a step by step how to cause I feel overwhelmed and almost scared to start.

Also will someone be honest and tell me is this something that i might see results from pretty quickly? I am not looking to get rich, I am looking to pay some bills and eventually hopefully have enough for bills and savings. I am a stay at home mom and have been told given my situation this is probably the best route to go and honestly I have a great idea for what I wanted my site to be about I am excited but feeling stuck.

Thank you

danasurvey
04-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Shauna,

Are you working on wordpress.com or wordpress.org? I believe that worpress.com does not allow people to post advertising/affiliate type sites.

If wordpress doesn't give you the flexibility you are looking for, you may want to look at another hosting provider. Godaddy for example has hosting, as well as a number of other places.

veronica.l
04-04-2013, 06:48 PM
How far along are you? Do you have hosting? Have you installed wordpress? Please tell us in detail how far along you are and maybe we can guide you from there.

It is impossible to say how long it will take for you to make money. It took me a few months to see result, today I make pretty good money doing affiliate marketing...

I know I have asked this before but I am still lost. I have created a wordpress site and gotten my domain name for something I am passionate about writing about. That being said I am lost after this. I would like a free ebook or a cheaper one. Not a referral to a site where I get a trial and than have to pay. I almost need a step by step how to cause I feel overwhelmed and almost scared to start.

Also will someone be honest and tell me is this something that i might see results from pretty quickly? I am not looking to get rich, I am looking to pay some bills and eventually hopefully have enough for bills and savings. I am a stay at home mom and have been told given my situation this is probably the best route to go and honestly I have a great idea for what I wanted my site to be about I am excited but feeling stuck.

Thank you

naunakat17
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I got my domain, I got WordPress. I still have to figure out the theme I want but that's as far as I have gotten

naunakat17
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
And yes I do have hosting :)

angienewton
04-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Shauna,
Sounds like you are all set up. Next step is to start blogging about your topic. And no you will probably not see results quickly unless of course you can blog almost every day, connect a lot on social media, have time to learn keyword research/SEO, etc. And it depends on your topic too. So many variables.

angienewton
04-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Books are going to go out of date quickly. I would recommend getting into a paid mastermind forum where you can learn step by step how to get going. If you invest in something like that you are more likely to want to make that monthly investment back quickly. And it's nice to join those types of groups where you don't get outdated info AND you have connections to people who are truly making money and can show you case studies of the exact steps.

I am a member of two groups and have been for years (over 9 to be exact). I like being around people that take action and can support me. I would definitely not be where I am today had I not been part of these two groups. Happy to tell you about them via private message.

And it helps that I have met many of the members in real life at various business workshops/conferences :)

Laura B
04-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Angie's right - there are so many variables it's hard to give a one-size-fits-all answer. Have you researched the keywords that you're going to focus your site on?

You're not alone in being kind of scared. :-) It can definitely be overwhelming to newbies - there's so much to learn. But one of the great things about affiliate marketing is that it doesn't require a huge investment to start. Mostly what you stand to lose is some time. But you won't lose even that if you do your research and then work hard for a sustained period of time. It's good you've found something you love because it will be easy to write about.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1