WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New cancellation policy

NYoung
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
What do you guys think of the new cancellation policy?

fter careful consideration, discussion, and input from Scentsy Family Consultants, we have decided to update our policy regarding Consultant cancellation for inactivity.

Starting April 1, 2013, a Consultant needs 150 or more points in PRV in at least one calendar-month within a contiguous three-month period. Consultants who do not meet this activity requirement will be cancelled on the first day of the fourth month. For example, if a Consultant doesn’t achieve 150 PRV points in either April, May, or June, their account will be cancelled on July 1.

If a Consultant doesn’t reach 150 PRV points for two consecutive months, in the third month, a checkmark will appear in the “Will Cancel” column in their performance report on the Workstation until 150 PRV points are earned. The 150 PRV points can come from individual customer orders, party orders, or online orders made through the Consultant’s Personal Website (PWS).

Consultant downline loss will still occur in April, May, and June. Effective July 1, 2013, any downline loss will occur at the time of account cancellation.

An FAQ on this policy is available on the Resources tab on the Workstation.

ScentingChicago
04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Im not a fan of it. But what can you do, other than stop selling? I liked that we only had a $1 minimum to remain active. I understand the merit in it, but I chose Scentsy specifically because it didnt have a minimum to avoid cancellation.. I didn't want to have to put out my OWN $$ in order to stay a consultant if things get tough.

Disclaimer: I have zero intention of quitting Scentsy, and had this been the policy when I signed up, I would not have been terminated yet, but I also would not have signed up if this had been in effect in July.

Erica Chaves Sandwall
04-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I do work my business but I have 5 personal friends that are consultants and we have a lot of the same friends on facebook. done events and try very hard to get sales. I also live on a very limited income SSI & SSD. I will allow them to cancel me and concentrate on my other business.

Fallingstar76
04-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I would not have joined if this was the policy. I'm sure I will hang on for a while, but will probably ultimately be terminated by the end of the year. I'm not a very big seller.

LAscents
04-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Absolutely thrilled with it! And for those who joined mainly as kit collectors because that was an option, they already received a kit at 3x the value they paid and they will still make out much better being a host with the freebies and half off, than they would if they continued to order less than the $150 once every 3 and received commission on it. It's win/win for the all - for the biz builders, for those who will be better engaged in their business and for those who will now make better hosts than consultants who aren't working their biz. This was a long time coming, after an extensive amount of discussion. This will be so much better.

I don't have a problem that they tried something and it didn't work out as well as planned and recognized that and made a change. I'd rather see people try things and find a need to improve upon it, than to sit idly, doing nothing or doing status quo and not see that it's hurting, not helping.

It's a positive change!

NYoung
04-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Absolutely thrilled with it! And for those who joined mainly as kit collectors because that was an option, they already received a kit at 3x the value they paid and they will still make out much better being a host with the freebies and half off, than they would if they continued to order less than the $150 once every 3 and received commission on it. It's win/win for the all - for the biz builders, for those who will be better engaged in their business and for those who will now make better hosts than consultants who aren't working their biz. This was a long time coming, after an extensive amount of discussion. This will be so much better.

I don't have a problem that they tried something and it didn't work out as well as planned and recognized that and made a change. I'd rather see people try things and find a need to improve upon it, than to sit idly, doing nothing or doing status quo and not see that it's hurting, not helping.

It's a positive change!

I definitely see what you're saying! And I agree, it's a great way to get rid of those types of consultants.

My issue is I've been an active consultant for the last year and really enjoy selling Scentsy. My husband is military, and we are being posted across the country. He is also away for the entire house selling fiasco so my Scentsy business will have to be put on the back burner while I try to sell and buy, in addition to taking care of my son. When I move, it will be to a new town where I don't know anyone so I will have to build up my customer base again. I'm sad that I risk losing my rights to sell Scentsy, however I've spent a lot of money building my business already and I refuse to purchase the 150 PVR myself. So from that point of view, it kind of sucks.

christyvw2004
04-03-2013, 06:49 AM
I am thinking it will be good also. I do feel bad for those whom signed up and thought all they had to do was sell $1 in the last 6 mths to stay active...but really do not think this will hurt other then they won't be able to say "yes I'm a consultant, but dont really do anything with it so don't know to much." I have a couple of gals on my team whom I think have sold $50 or less in the last 2 years--so really what are they going to be out? I know like in Nicole's situation, that there are some exceptions...but this may also help her moving to a new location that they will need a scentsy consultant and her business will bloom :)
Good luck to all.

ScentingChicago
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
For the record, I do totally understand WHY they changed it back to their original policy. I also would have no problem thus far hitting that requirement, my only issue is that if the time comes that something happens and I can't sell 150 in a month for whatever reason, I would feel like all my work would be for nothing.

missyroth
04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
It does stink for those of us who don't have to work, but like to provide this on a part-time basis, like holidays. I signed up a few years ago, right after the policy change. I had put it off for years because of the policy that is in place again. I know a part-time seller is no loss to a big company like Scentsy, but it's enough off a loss to me. I just read about it this morning and hadn't had time to process it, but I think I just have and I'm pretty unimpressed.

I also don't like that they stopped emailing updates and now we have to go to the back office to read them. Makes me feel like we're not important enough for a simple email blast. You do it for your team, why can't a company do it for those making money for them?

I guess I'll go back to the idea of making my own products for the people who buy from me.

LAscents
04-03-2013, 04:43 PM
, my only issue is that if the time comes that something happens and I can't sell 150 in a month for whatever reason, I would feel like all my work would be for nothing.

That's why you don't have to do 150 every month. They know that 'life happens' - so they give you 3 months to get the bare bones minimum for one party in. Since consultants started a business when they join if they're not able to work it extremely part time and just do 150 once every 90 days, then they really are better equipped to be a host and earn free and half off items.

Erica Chaves Sandwall
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I completely agree with the emails, not everyone has the time to go the workstation. Emails you can get on your phone now. It is hard for someone like me that is disabled who don't have the support from friends and family. I have 1 family member and 5 friends that sell Scentsy too(we also have a lot of the same friends). So it is hard to get people to buy and I do events and get told constantly that I already have a consultant. They are also telling me that the scents are not lasting as long as they used too. They also say the don't like the shipping prices and they can get it for cheaper at Walmart or Target.

Polished4Five
04-05-2013, 04:42 AM
That's why you don't have to do 150 every month. They know that 'life happens' - so they give you 3 months to get the bare bones minimum for one party in. Since consultants started a business when they join if they're not able to work it extremely part time and just do 150 once every 90 days, then they really are better equipped to be a host and earn free and half off items.

I am not a consultant with Scentsy but I would like to enter in my two cents.

I agree with LAscents on both of her posts. I think this new policy is going to be a very positive thing for the company simply because it will open the door wider for those who are really working their businesses to the best of their ability. I've heard countless times from Scentsy consultants (and other companies too) that they're so tired of the consultant saturation amongst their friends, family, town, city, etc. With this new policy, saturation will decrease rapidly in the company and will either force current reps to kick it into high gear to maintain their consultant status or will weed out those who mainly use their business for discounts and personal use.

I am not saying that being a consultant with a company for personal discounts is a bad thing -- only that the *feeling* of saturation in many companies may largely be attributed to the fact that many consultants are only using their consultant status for discounts.

In closing, I believe 90 days is enough time to get 150 PV -- just looking at the prices of the products, this should be achievable within a party or two combined with a consultant's personal sales. I know it's threatening to have something like a minimum PV amount hanging over your heads, but try to think of it as something positive for your business and for those in your company who are working toward personal success. :)

Bling1
04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Well said Laurie and Ashley. I think it is a good business decision. If you are not ordering 150pv in 3 months, then you are probably not getting much of a discount. Plus if you have a website, that's an additional $10 you are spending each month. I also agree that 150 PV once in 3 months is not a lot. No one should have to worry about meeting this requirement if they are working their business just a little. Scentsy price points of $5.00 bars is very doable. Something most folks can afford especially if they already have a warmer.

wahmse
04-12-2013, 01:54 PM
One reason for the weekly News update change is the fact that so many emails are dumped into a spam or bulk folder so many consultants never see them. The other reason is to get people to plug-in to their business by visiting their work station weekly.

I have had consultants go for months without reading any notices and thus are really not engaged in the business, promotions and such. Checking the work station takes only a few minutes each week. This is something we should all be doing for our business.

SassyCassie
04-16-2013, 12:03 AM
I think this is the right direction for Scentsy to move back into. It will definitely keep me motivated to work my business and hopefully motivate my downline and we will be a stronger team. If you want it bad enough you will find one party every three months!

Even if you have to grab a phone book and go down the list and start calling people and asking them if they would be interested in receiving a Scentsy catalog. Call local businesses and ask if you can do a staff room party,or let them know you have great corporate gifts! Go and drop off business cards with product lists in your neighbourhood mailboxes-anything!

I truly believe everyone can do it! I literally have a handful of friends and I have built a great client base by just breaking out of my comfort zone and talking to EVERYONE!

Even hand a sample and business card to the person who gives you your coffee in a drive thru! ANYTHING! It may be awkward at first but you get better and more comfortable and you learn that people love free samples :)

wicklessflames
05-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I don't see where it hurts the company to keep it the way it was and not have to sell 150.00
Even in 3 months time some consultants are unable to do that for some reason or another...
If a consultant only sells 50.00 in 3 months time, Scentsy is still making money off that 50.00
I don't understand why it's such a big deal...The ladies that signed up thinking they didn't have to do that cause that was the policy then and might lose their business because of it..no, I don't think it's fair...

wahmse
05-18-2013, 03:21 PM
A tip to get sales is to have customers or previous hosts gather just 4 orders valued at $40 PRV in a given month. This will get you active and is minimal when you think about it.

Also, Scentsy has the bring back my bar promotion coming in July, plus the monthly promotions to help Consultants achieve active status.

It is still a great product and company. I wish you all much success!

Erica Chaves Sandwall
05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Just for clarification it is $150 in 1 month out of 3 months not $150 in 3 months. If it was $150 in 3 months I would be able to stay in it.

sunlightishere
05-20-2013, 06:30 AM
I'm not a consultant but a huge fan of Scentsy. I know that Walmart has bars and warmers, Candle warmers has bars and warmers, Ashlad at Micheals has bars and warmers etc. Scentsy is still number 1! And I also feel that there are loyal customers that return time and again. My consultant who isn't all that active and I feel only stays in business because I order plenty for me and have my mother in law and sisters in law plus friends order from her is what still keep her in business! I love the fact that she never ever charges shipping! She combines our orders and no one pays shipping. She eats the shipping cost. I think that is great!:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1