WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Cynthialil
03-30-2013, 02:25 PM
I finally got brave and tried using Promoted Posts on Facebook. I'm somewhat happy with the results but you can see where this could be a real money suck for not much return.

Are any of you using Promoted Posts to drive traffic through an affiliate link or to a site? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

danasurvey
03-30-2013, 04:06 PM
I've had mixed results and agree with you that it could be a real money suck. It's essential that you set a budget and stick to it, for this, or for any kind of paid advertising.

lpykett
04-10-2013, 03:58 AM
I have been dabbling in this for a few weeks now. I've heard it can be a really successful way to market, providing you use all the targeting options.

For example, selecting Mums or expecting Mums, in specific countries with interests in the niche of your product. Then you need to fine tune target that particular ad towards them.

Get it set up with a strong call to action pointing to your capture page and further videos if applicable.

I'm planning on using it more once I have a solid sales video set up. Let us know how it goes for you Cynthia!

Louidam1
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I did this once and no traffic to my article I was promoting, just impressions. Thank goodness I only paid $5.

Kristy3
04-17-2013, 11:48 AM
I tried to do it but I didn't realize I had to have a more target audience! lol Apparently Facebook likes that. I am going to try again soon but I think promoting a video would give you the best bang for your buck!

So even just a youtube video of what you are offering and how you found yourself using it!

I would love to see it if you do one! ;)

strokerchase
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
I tried it to not great results, but I heard other people have done well on it. Does anyone know where you can get a coupon to get some free advertising on there if you buy some? I know Adwords has that offer.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1