WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : point and shoot

TommyH
03-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Does any one have any hands on experience with some good point and shoot cameras? I have been looking for something for my wife and to take to the theme parks when we go, so I don't have to take the heavy dslr (unless we are going specifically to take high quality photos).

I have been looking at either the sony rx100 or the Canon S110, both have great reviews and take really great photos. However I have a hard time throwing down 650+ dollars for the sony when I can get a second dslr for around the same price for a little more.

The Canon is also up there I think around 450. Little better price especially if the quality is there.

lorah
03-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Hi Tommy,
I have the Canon A2300 point and shoot. It is 16mp and takes really good photos. I still haven't learned all it can do but I am really pleased with it and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. If I remember right it was a little over $100 through Dell.

Jeupi
06-11-2013, 06:26 PM
I'd recommend anything by Kodak. I accidentally washed one of their cameras and it came out working fine, which was a great relief. I've had a number from them and none have ever really malfunctioned on me. They would be perfect for theme parks too as they're simple to put in your purse or a pocket.

cashforuonline
06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
I have a Canon G9 that I like very much. I think the latest Canon G-series camera is pricey, but they are good quality cameras that have a lot of extra features you'd normally find on a DSLR.

ndswam
06-13-2013, 04:19 AM
I have the Panasonic (Lumix) DMC-FZ28 which I've had for a number of years. Takes great pictures and also can do some of the features of DSLRs. The Nikon Coolpix cameras are also good.

lenamaewrites
06-25-2013, 02:51 AM
I have a Nikon Coolpix. I paid around $120 for it at Walmart. I am by no means a photographer, but it does capture great images. I mostly use it for quick snapshots of my kids, but it has worked far better than any other one I've owned.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1