WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Scentsy took my title

Ariososweet
03-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I've been a Scentsy for 2 years. I made SuperStar Consultant last year, but the last few months have been difficult for me.
I ended up losing my downline. I thought about making up the difference but I didn't have the funds to do so.
For 2 years I've known that you can not move backwards, unless you're a director. For 2 years this is what I and many others have believed. I've even read this countless times on this forum, from other directors who have been with Scentsy much longer than I even!

Here is their definition for title: The highest Rank achieved by a Consultant to date, or Director (Q) (see Section 13.6). A Consultant‘s title
only changes by advancement, except in the case of a change to Director (Q) status.

So at the beginning of March I was sad that my downline went from 34 to 0, but hey at least my title still said SuperStar Consultant!
At least, it did until last week when it suddenly changed to certified!!!

I immediately went to the P&P (which I have followed by the book for the last two years) and it does not say one single thing about losing your title (unless you're a director!) Mind you, the P&P states it was updated Febuary 2013!

I am beyond livid. I have been emailing back and forth with Account Services and they don't even seem to care! They acknowldged that it was not in the P&P, they acknowledged it was a recent change they failed to inform us about, yet they won't do anything about it.

They have decieved me and I'm thinking of reporting them to the BBB.

For those wondering, here is the section 13.2 of the P&P, it doesn't say anything about loss of title:|
13.2 – Eligibility to Retain Downline
In order for your account to remain eligible to retain downline, you must generate 150 points or more in PRV in at
least one calendar month within a three-calendar-month period accumulated across all Scentsy Family brands (or
any one alone). For example, if your PRV for the month of May is 150 points or more, you will be eligible to
retain downline for the next three months; June, July, and August. If your PRV totals are 150 points or more in
July, your account will remain eligible to retain downline for August, September, and October. If the required 150
points in PRV are not met in any one of the months within the three-month period, loss of downline will occur on
the day following the last day of the third month of inactivity.
During the third month of inactivity, your downline report will indicate your impending loss of downline unless
and until you submit orders totaling 150 points in PRV. Loss of downline will become effective on the day
following the last day of the third month of inactivity. Scentsy Family will not provide written confirmation of
downline loss.
13.2.1– Downline Restoration
Requests for restoration of downline must be submitted to Account Services by email to
[email protected] before the end of the month the downline was lost. Requests received after the US Independent Consultant Agreement. Published February 2013. Page 46
month in which downline loss occurred will not be considered. Scentsy Family will request a
recommendation from all affected upline members and make the final decision.

Ariososweet
03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
I forgot to mention, I'm going through the process of requesting my down line back, however I will still be a certified consultant unless I qualify for a higher title this month.
So, you can see why I'm so upset :(

Bling1
03-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Ok, I am not getting it. How did you lose your downline? I thought you only have to sell $150 a year to be active? Were you working the business? With 34 team members you should have earned a monthly commission. Hopefully everything will work out for you. Good luck!

LAscents
03-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Ok, I am not getting it. How did you lose your downline? I thought you only have to sell $150 a year to be active? Were you working the business? With 34 team members you should have earned a monthly commission. Hopefully everything will work out for you. Good luck!

We only have to do 150 in one calendar month, at least once every 3 months to maintain our downline. It shows that we're working our business, even minimally and leading by example. We have a month's notice if we're going to lose our downline and then have an opportunity to place an order prior to the end of the month so we don't lose them. You can still continue to be a consultant and continue to receive commission on your own sales. You don't get paid on any team members sales unless you do 500 personal sales in one month, so having a downline but not working or receiving any commission on their efforts isn't beneficial to the consultant nor the downline. This way they roll up to someone who is active.

SassyCassie
03-19-2013, 08:39 PM
I feel for you and your situation and understand your frustration. Although, like LASCENTS mentioned I think the reason they have this in place is to encourage you to stay active to promote and help your team grow. If a leader isn't active, then the team suffers as well.

Im not trying to say you personally aren't a great team leader, I just think this is part of the reason Scentsy had to implement these rules. They probably in my opinion have changed your title because the title requirements do require you to have xx amount of downline..if you no longer have the downline, then you no longer are a SuperStar consultant, you are technically a Certified Consultant even if you have acheived the rank before.

I don't get why Director(Q) and higher don't have their titles changed though. In my opinion they should go right back down to certified as well.

That is all my two cents, I am sure you will build your team up again fast since you have the tools and training to do so!
Goodluck with your request to have your downline reinstated, I really hope you get your team back!

LAscents
03-20-2013, 04:41 AM
I don't get why Director(Q) and higher don't have their titles changed though. In my opinion they should go right back down to certified as well.

They do. If you don't make DQ quals for 3 months in a row then you go back to an SSC and face the same issues if you're not working. It's not meant to be punitive but rather is set up to be beneficial to the downline to ensure they're getting the leadership they deserve. It also doesn't penalize the consultant because he/she wasn't receiving compensation for the team prior so the only thing that changes is they are 'off the hook' for leadership responsibilities and can continue to sell and earn commissions on personal sales.

SassyCassie
03-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Oh ok ya that makes sense!

Ariososweet
03-24-2013, 04:06 PM
I think you guys are missing the point. Scentsy changed a policy with out informing us.
If you didn't see how that's wrong then I don't know what to tell you...

LAscents
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Scentsy changed a policy with out informing us.
If you didn't see how that's wrong then I don't know what to tell you...

It's not a new policy, it's been that way since August 2011 with the last change of the cancellation policy. The document is listed in your workstation under Resources.

Ariososweet
03-31-2013, 06:09 PM
It's not a new policy, it's been that way since August 2011 with the last change of the cancellation policy. The document is listed in your workstation under Resources.

Read it again LA Scents, no where does it say in the Cancellation FAQ OR the P&P that your title will be lost.
I spent hours of my time talking to account services about this and they agreed they made a mistake. The head of account services even called me to apologize and let me know they'd be changing it in the P&P.

LAscents
03-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Read it again LA Scents, no where does it say in the Cancellation FAQ OR the P&P that your title will be lost.
I spent hours of my time talking to account services about this and they agreed they made a mistake. The head of account services even called me to apologize and let me know they'd be changing it in the P&P.

Here it is. It's in the Leadership document in your workstation, not the Cancellation, I misspoke on which specific one you needed to reference. Not everything is contained in the PP, that's why it's important to stay up on the News alerts. The reference that your title changes has been in your workstation since 12/12/2012, prior to the Feb. 2013 you are referencing.

"The title of any Consultant, including a Director or above, who does not meet this requirement (who
does not submit 150 PRV points in at least one month during a consecutive three-month period?) will change to Certified Consultant on the first day of the fourth month. The Consultant will also lose their downline."

Elysium
04-01-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm going through the process of requesting my down line back, however I will still be a certified consultant unless I qualify for a higher title this month.
So, you can see why I'm so upset :(

I really hope things work out for you Ariososweet. *hugs*

Here it is. It's in the Leadership document in your workstation, not the Cancellation, I misspoke on which specific one you needed to reference.

Is this something that is available to the general public, so that a 'prospective consultant' would know about it before they join? If not, hopefully it will be made more readily available.

Annette

LAscents
04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Is this something that is available to the general public, so that a 'prospective consultant' would know about it before they join? If not, hopefully it will be made more readily available.

Annette

It's readily available to all consultants in our workstations. So it's something a Sponsor or potential sponsor certainly could share with prospective consultants.

mommysells
04-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I am SOOO sorry to hear this happened to you!
I don't even have a team that big and I can't imagine losing it all.
I would stay positive and continue to remain in contact with the Home Office. They might be able to do something?...
If you make an effort to work your business again, who knows what could happen?...
I wish you the best of luck!

Jennifer Hicks-Enemark

mommysells
04-02-2013, 04:34 PM
FYI=They just posted an update to the Cancellation Policy on the workstation....
I have not read it yet, but is this what you were talking about?...

Jennifer Hicks-Enemark

LAscents
04-03-2013, 05:55 AM
FYI=They just posted an update to the Cancellation Policy on the workstation....
I have not read it yet, but is this what you were talking about?...

Jennifer Hicks-Enemark

No the cancellation policy you're referring to is effective April 1, 2013 and has to do with staying a consultant. The issue the OP is addressing has to do with maintaining a team if you're not working your business, and that has been around and posted in our workstations since 2012.

Elysium
04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
It's readily available to all consultants in our workstations. So it's something a Sponsor or potential sponsor certainly could share with prospective consultants.

I can appreciate that, however it's not the same thing. Unless sponsors are required to inform prospective consultants of this, it's a moot point. Why not keep things simple and just have this info out in the open so people can be informed before they join?

The issue the OP is addressing has to do with maintaining a team if you're not working your business, and that has been around and posted in our workstations since 2012.

Actually, I think the OP's issue is more about what the title states: "Scentsy took my title". You can also see this mentioned multiple times in her posts.

Scentsy clearly has been experiencing wonderful progress and growth, offering a terrific opportunity for many. But as with any business, there will be people who run into some difficulty - and we wouldn't want to lose sight of a little compassion and understanding to their situation.

I wish the OP well, and best wishes to all of you in the Scentsy family. :)

GreenMinded
04-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Fight back and get your group back! I would be furious :mad: if I lost my team. I know if I would loose any clients after 12 years with my company I would not be able to see straight! Stay positive and all will work out!

wahmse
04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Laurie is correct. It has been this way for some time. One can check in their work station under the performance tab. Run a report and if there is a check by a consultant's name, under the column Will Lose Downline, than a consultant is set to lose their downline unless the minimum requirements are met by the end of the month.

It's best when in doubt to contact your Director or Super Star Director for clarity and to be checking your downline reports. This will help all Consultants stay on track with their business.

Hope this helps.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1