WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

veronica.l
03-18-2013, 07:00 AM
If you are new to affiliate marketing, what is your biggest concern starting out?

If you thought about setting up a website or blog but never got started,do you have any questions?

Feel free to ask any questions about affiliate marketing and we will try to answer them here :)

thepodandthepea
03-18-2013, 07:30 AM
My biggest concern is will I ever succeed at it. My husband and I have been creating our product Photography Money Secrets since last November now and it has not been as successful as we had hoped. My husband had studied internet marketing for almost 3 years before he felt confident enough that he could do it and be successful at it enough that he left his $90 thousand dollar a year job in corporate america (which he hated) and began the process of creating this product. Here we sit with a ton of had work put into this, a bank account that is shrinking and no signs of success. We haven''t given up but we are burnt out and desperate to know what we are doing wrong.

Your thoughts are appreciated :)

Laura B
03-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, thepodandthepea, but why aren't you making money with the very system you are selling? Your sales page makes it sound as though you are, but your post above seems to contradict that. I'm just wondering why that is. Maybe people are sensing a disconnect.

As far as why it's not selling like you'd hoped, though, there are a few things I noticed that may not be helping your conversion rate: Way too many exclamation points, which makes it seem hype-y; some typos, even in the pink subheadings; and you've got some typography and graphic design issues that detract from its professional appearance. Maybe someone else can help you with the copywriting itself.

I wish you the best, though!

thepodandthepea
03-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, thepodandthepea, but why aren't you making money with the very system you are selling? Your sales page makes it sound as though you are, but your post above seems to contradict that. I'm just wondering why that is. Maybe people are sensing a disconnect.

As far as why it's not selling like you'd hoped, though, there are a few things I noticed that may not be helping your conversion rate: Way too many exclamation points, which makes it seem hype-y; some typos, even in the pink subheadings; and you've got some typography and graphic design issues that detract from its professional appearance. Maybe someone else can help you with the copywriting itself.

Let me rephrase, we aren't making the amount of money we were hoping to make in the time we were hoping to make it. We are making money, I make a great income following the step by step guide I am selling and have been for 7 years. All of our clients who have used it so far are too but we still just aren't getting the conversions we were hoping.

I do agree with the look of the site and I am working with a designer now to help with this. Do you know of anyone who can take a look at my copy and rewrite it so that it does not look so Hyped up and doesn't have spelling errors? I would be very interested in having someone who knows what they are doing do this for me. Thank you for your advise I really appreciate it!

thepodandthepea
03-18-2013, 09:30 AM

let me rephrase my rephrase i misunderstood your question lol, i have a head cold so things are a bit fuzzy over here! I do make a great income with the exact system I am selling but my husband is trying to make a full time income selling my system and that is where we are having problems and where we are not seeing the conversions we were hoping for.

I have been successful for 7 years using my step-by-step system. All the information I have put into this product is exactly what I have done to become successful with photography and it has also allowed me to be home with my kids at the same time. SO I know the product can work for others. The statistics on our page were pulled right from my very own quickbooks, they don't lie.

So I guess what I am saying is we are not making money selling the system to others who are looking to make money doing what I do......does that make sense? haha

Laura B
03-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Okay, I see. Hope your cold gets better! I will say (without a hint of braggadocio, hehe) that I am a top-notch proofreader, so I would be happy to proofread your copy for you. I normally charge for that but I didn't see a ton of errors at first glance so I'll do it just as a quick favor and as a way of hopefully getting some word-of-mouth going about the services I provide.

As far as doing a major copy-editing revamp, I would have to charge for that but do not claim to be an expert at increasing conversions. I myself am always trying to improve my sales page so that it is as effective as I would like it to be, and since I am "self-taught" at copywriting, sometimes I feel like my best approach is simply to be honest and straightforward and hope that the sincerity comes through. So far it seems to be working, but like I said, it's still a work in progress.

PM me if you'd like to me to proofread for you.

Laura B
03-18-2013, 09:56 AM
So as not to totally hijack this thread (sorry about that) I would like to mention that the biggest concern I see from new affiliate marketers is choosing that first niche. They agonize about it pretty heavily! It's good to do your research but after a while you just have to jump in there and start building your site. It may not work out, but then again, how many things do work out beautifully on the first try? Not many. But even if that's the case, you learn A TON more by doing than by just researching.

veronica.l
03-20-2013, 06:12 AM
First I want to say this takes time, so don`t feel discourage that you don`t see the result that you want yet.

Sounds like Laura and you have a good discussion going as far as ON site things to improve and do... so I am going to ask you what do you do to get visitors?

What do you do to drive traffic to your site? Let me know and I might be able to give you some ideas on how to increase traffic.

Veronica

My biggest concern is will I ever succeed at it. My husband and I have been creating our product Photography Money Secrets since last November now and it has not been as successful as we had hoped. My husband had studied internet marketing for almost 3 years before he felt confident enough that he could do it and be successful at it enough that he left his $90 thousand dollar a year job in corporate america (which he hated) and began the process of creating this product. Here we sit with a ton of had work put into this, a bank account that is shrinking and no signs of success. We haven''t given up but we are burnt out and desperate to know what we are doing wrong.

Your thoughts are appreciated :)

veronica.l
03-20-2013, 06:16 AM
I agree Laura. The best way to learn affiliate marketing is by DOING. Learn from your mistakes, improve and move on...

When you have done this for a while very few work with the first niche they started out with, But you have to take ACTION or there will be no result.

So as not to totally hijack this thread (sorry about that) I would like to mention that the biggest concern I see from new affiliate marketers is choosing that first niche. They agonize about it pretty heavily! It's good to do your research but after a while you just have to jump in there and start building your site. It may not work out, but then again, how many things do work out beautifully on the first try? Not many. But even if that's the case, you learn A TON more by doing than by just researching.

thepodandthepea
03-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi Veronica!

Great to hear from you! As of right now we (as in myself & my husband) are chatting in forums mainly this one and warrior forum. We also have a youtube channel setup with videos of myself giving tips and talking on photography topics. This as very new though, we have one video up is all and are working on creating the others. As of right now that is it.

We are looking to guest blogging as well as doing some joint ventures so we can team up with others selling work from home or photography products that ours might compliment. However, my husband is the guru here and I am a little nervous to take the reigns here because I have no idea how to go about setting up joint ventures etc.

Your help is more appreciated then you know. My husband was so discouraged last night he began talking about going back to the job that almost broke him. But your and Laura's words and help has him enthusiastic again :)

thepodandthepea
03-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Oh and we are just now looking into affiliate marketing!

veronica.l
03-20-2013, 04:45 PM
YouTube videos are great! You can get lots of traffic from both within YouTube and when the videos rank in Google and other search engines. A few things to think about when you submit your videos...

1. Keep your url at the top of the description so that if people are interested they see the link and can click it.
2. Take use of the description part, the search engines can not "read" the video so they rely on the description (and a few other things) use about 400 words just like you would write an article.
3. use the description tags.

Press release - it is a new product, write or have somebody write a press release for you. This can generate lots of exposure.

Another way to get your message out is articles... You said you are doing guest blogs and that is great another way to get exposure is articles. You can hire somebody over at odesk or elance to write for you if you don`t want to do the writing yourself. You give them your keywords they write the articles for you. You then submit them to article directories.

That was a few ways to get some more traffic :)

Let me know if you have questions,

Veronica

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1