WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What blog do I use?

h_mae89
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
What blog or website do I use in order to be able to post things from my amazon account for affiliate marketing? I have Wordpress now but when I post the html code on there, it doesn't show up. Thanks

Cynthialil
03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Not exactly sure what you're trying to do but a lot of Amazon codes don't work well on Wordpress. Your best bet is to either add an Amazon aStore to your blog (you add it with a link so you don't need to code pages.) or write blog posts about items, then link them to the Amazon affiliate link for that product.

It's hard to describe without specifics.

danasurvey
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Do you have your own domain/website/hosting? If you do, you may find they have a website builder that will support Amazon codes a bit better.

Leslie B
03-13-2013, 04:19 AM
What blog or website do I use in order to be able to post things from my amazon account for affiliate marketing? I have Wordpress now but when I post the html code on there, it doesn't show up. Thanks

If you have a wordpress.COM site you can't put affiliate ads there, they don't allow any monetization as you can read in there TOS. If you want to use wordpress, you need to download the software from wordpress.ORG and install it on your own domain name and your own hosting account.

If you rather stay free (although I don't recommend that), you could use a blogspot site.

Leslie

h_mae89
03-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Thank you guys so much. How is godaddy, is that one a good one for affiliate marketing and html codes such as amazon? Thanks

Leslie B
03-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Thank you guys so much. How is godaddy, is that one a good one for affiliate marketing and html codes such as amazon? Thanks

Godaddy is a hosting company, so that doesn't afect your html codes or affiliate marketing. As hosting company though, I personally don't like it. It can be a bit confusing. Others does seem to like it, so that's a personal opinion.

I have hosting with Hostgator myself, another good hosting company.

Leslie

h_mae89
03-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Thank you so much. I hate to bother you but ONE more question, I promise! lol. Okay, another second website I would love to do is to advertise myself so clients can find me. For example, I write articles/blogs as a freelancer. What would be good for that godaddy or host gator as well for that? Thanks so much.

Leslie B
03-13-2013, 07:34 AM
It really doesn't matter. Godaddy and Hostgator are hosting companies, you can build whatever site you want with them: affiliate sites, business sites, ...

The only sites with restrictions are places where you build free sites, like wordpress.com

veronica.l
03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
For hosting I have used Hostgator for years, never had a problem.
So I agree with Leslie on that one :)

mkprofit
03-14-2013, 03:22 PM
I am surprised, I thought html code should work in most blogging platforms.I use blogger and wordpress.org platform. Google provides a wonderful platform for blogging. If you already have gmail account you are good to go.

However, if you want to keep blogging with wordpress.com, may be you can learn more from their forum.

Requill
03-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Wordpress is the most popular blogging platform currently on the web. Even big corporations use a custom variation of this platform. Whether it's on Wordpress.com, or using your own domain (on your own hosting), I'd advise you to master using it. It will go a long way, especially with you as a freelance writer!

ccole
03-16-2013, 11:36 PM

Any blog CMS will work for any affiliate site. Please check your site because you might be using a free site that allow accept script codes.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1