WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What is your why?

Supermomlb
03-05-2013, 02:11 PM
What is your why?

My "Why" is to live a long and healthy life. I need energy. I want to heal from Fibromyalgia so I must eat right and exercise. My kids need me and I have to be there.

http://i50.tinypic.com/352lkpx.jpg

nattiesmother
03-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I seriously dont want to be where I was at years ago...overweight and depressed.Although I did have a slipup badly today(Went to steak and shake lol)I love that place when we get a chance to go...anyways I was at a really bad place yrs ago and I dont want to get back to that point.I enjoy working out and I also like the energy that I have now.I also have more self-esteem and more energy chasing my kids around.

Supermomlb
03-06-2013, 10:57 AM
I seriously dont want to be where I was at years ago...overweight and depressed.Although I did have a slipup badly today(Went to steak and shake lol)I love that place when we get a chance to go...anyways I was at a really bad place yrs ago and I dont want to get back to that point.I enjoy working out and I also like the energy that I have now.I also have more self-esteem and more energy chasing my kids around.

I am with ya! Honestly I have never been overweight but about 2 years ago my fatigue was at it's worst from eating out all the time and eating fatty food. I still have fatigue but it is so much better now!

Don't worry about that slip up just keep on going. With the lifestyle change you will slip up but hey move on and keep it pushing!

nattiesmother
03-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I cant tell you how nasty my belly felt yesterday lol....ate at Steak and Shake...I love there food on occassion.Yes being overweight for me was so hard.My knees took the worst punishment however.Since I lost the weight I havent had any more issues with them,other than if I run too much(meaning more than three days hard back to back)

Goodbye9-5
03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
My why is to stay healthy and active for all 3 of my children. I'm 47 and my youngest is 5. It's crucial for me to be healthy so that I will get to enjoy all of my future grandchildren!

thepodandthepea
03-10-2013, 07:15 PM
My why is because I want to feel good about myself again. I want to throw on that pair of skinny jeans and heels again and feel like I can conquer the world! I also want to teach my children good, healthy habits so that they live long healthy lives. And because I want to be on this earth as long as I possibly can and most importantly I don't want my body to be to worn out to enjoy it! Thank you for this post! You gave me the inspiration I needed to keep pushing forward! ;);)

Tritayla
03-15-2013, 11:46 AM
My personal "why" had always been the sense of having wasted a part of my youth forming quite unhealthy eating habits (which is actually rarely ever noticed, because of the young metabolism that seems unstoppable), and that is what I am now attempting to reform. It's rather fascinating, how we all become concerned with the health issues only when our digestive system starts slowing down. Now, having children of my own, I iwant to help them by serving as an example. Although this is a motivator, at times I feel burned out and oh so tempted for that cupcake. I did find a way to keep my motivation boosted for longer when I decided to get some posters (http://print24.com/uk/product/posters) of my younger days, one of which I hung instead of a mirror in one of the rooms, while the other found its' spot on the fridge, and now that has become a major "why?" ever since :).

Requill
03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
My "Why" is simple. We only have 1 life. We have to live it to the fullest. The only way to do that is to stay healthy :)

nlayfield34
03-15-2013, 10:08 PM
My why is that I want to be healthy for my daughter. How can I expect her to lead a healthy life if I can't lead by example? Before I got pregnant, I had lost about 50 pounds and was just about to be under 200 lbs for the first time in years. Now that she is 3 months old, I now have to work extra hard to lose all the baby weight (and trust me, there is a lot of it to lose).

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1