WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

mandm'smommy
03-03-2013, 07:49 AM
I would like some more information on the companies mentioned:

Start up cost?
Quotas to remain active?
Website costs?
Earning on a downline?
Commission?
Policies regarding selling/marketing online?
Saturation in my area? (I am just outside Memphis, TN)

I do love my candle business and am not wanting to give it up. Does your company allow advancement while part of another ds company?

I am interested in holding parties from time to time and doing some catalog shows and perhaps some online marketing. I like the jewelry and price points from the companies I mentioned, and I do see some of the start up information on the websites, but I still wanted some more details.

Thank you in advance for the information and your time!

Blessings,
Melissa

GuyandEvaRocks
03-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi Melissa!
I'd love to answer some of your questions about Guy & Eva!

Start up cost?
$99 or $199

Quotas to remain active?
$150 in retail sales in a six month time frame to remain a Style Advisor
$500 in retail sales minimum in a month to earn a downline commission

Website costs?
FREE!

Earning on a downline?
$500 in personal sales in a month to be eligible to earn a downline commission

Commission?
25% starting on your very first sale, and can go as high as 45% as you climb the ranks in the compensation plan

Policies regarding selling/marketing online?
We are able to sell and market online using social media outlets, blogging, email, pretty much anything as long as you are representing Guy & Eva in a respectable manner. We are NOT allowed to sell on Ebay.

Saturation in my area? (I am just outside Memphis, TN)
There is no market saturation at all-anywhere! We are still very much a ground floor opportunity!

Does your company allow advancement while part of another ds company?
As long as it isn't a conflict of interest, I don't see it being an issue. I will say though, as you start to grow, especially with team building, you will find that your time will start being devoted to one business over another. I have found, in my experience, that it can be hard to manage two growing companies, although not impossible. :) I think you can cross that bridge when it arises though. :) I'd love to answer any other questions you might have. Message me if you'd like. I look forward to hearing from you!

Good luck with your research! Ask lots of questions and you will find the right for for you!

ChrissyJ
03-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Hi Melissa,

I don't check these forums as often as I should... I didn't know you were also interested in the Just Jewelry business opportunity! I would have included more information about that with your catalog. ;)

I will answer below, but please feel free to message me again for more details.

Start up cost? Start for as little as $118! That gets you registered as a consultant, sets up your personal Just Jewelry website, and gives you all the supplies you need to start like catalogs, receipts, JJ logo bags, invitation postcards, etc. Use the supplies to collect orders from family and friends! Then you have 30 days to place a minimum jewelry order of $199 or more... that gets you $400 in retail-value jewelry you will sell (it's not samples) - and keep the difference! You can also puchase a jewelry start-up kit at the same time as your $118 business kit, if you wish... and get started more quickly.

Quotas to remain active? No. Once you're an active consultant (with that $199 minimum initial jewelry order mentioned above), there are no quotas or minimums to remain active for a year.

Website costs? Included in your start-up kit!

Earning on a downline? Yes, starting with your very first recruit.

Commission? We make 50% commission on jewelry sales, by purchasing the jewelry at "wholesale cost" and then selling in for full retail value (catalog cost). If you are asking commission on your downline, it starts at 4% on their sales and goes up to 10% depending on your leadership level, and we earn 4 levels deep.

Policies regarding selling/marketing online? We are permitted to advertise and market online and on social media sites... we just can't sell online using sites like ebay and craigslist, or on our own shopping cart websites.

Saturation in my area? With less than 2,000 consultants nationwide, there is really no area that is completely saturated!

I do love my candle business and am not wanting to give it up. Does your company allow advancement while part of another ds company? Yes.

Hope that helps... let me know what else I can help you with!

~ Christina
Just Jewelry Senior Team Leader

socialdominance
06-11-2014, 12:35 AM
great advice by all of you

ilovemyjewelry
06-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Melissa, I'm not sure if you have found anything out about these companies but Guy and Eva closed down about a year or so ago. If you are not with a jewelry company yet I would love to tell you more about Paparazzi Accessories :). You are more than welcome to pm or you can email me at [email protected]

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1