WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

thepodandthepea
02-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Recently my husband and I finally and with much anticipation launched our first product, Photography Money Secrets dot com, a how to guide for stay at home moms to start making money with photography product. Everything came together beautifully the only obstacle we have come across is our believability. This makes me really sad because we have put our heart and souls into this product to give our future customers the absolute best start to their business and no one believes we are real. I have had many inquiries on the product but no purchases because everyone thinks it is a scam. I am really struggling to understand what more we could do to be seen as sincere and real to potential customers.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. It is just so frustrating to have gotten this far with a product that is so great but the only thing standing in our way is no one thinks its real, they think its to good to be true and won't take a chance on us and I don't know how to make it anymore upfront and honest then it already is.:(

We have gone as far as to show my own Quickbooks records to prove that it has worked for me as well as give it out to several people for testimonials (will be posted soon). But what else can we do?:confused:

Help us please and we will forever be thankful for you!
Jen

danasurvey
02-27-2013, 12:09 AM
I think you are on the right track with testimonials. Feedback from several may help a bit with believability. If possible, ask them to post screen caps or any other proof they have of earnings from using your product.

Best of luck. :)

lorah
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM
I agree with testimonials. The only thing I notice (and I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination) is that I have seen websites like yours selling all kinds of things. For me it is a bit off putting just because of the way it reads. If I had not talked to you about it previously and came across your site for the first time in a search or something, I would probably not even read it. The words #1 "secret trick" "Loads of cash in your bank account" scream scam to me. Nothing against you personally, it's just the way it comes across to me.

ndswam
02-27-2013, 06:08 AM
I agree with testimonials. The only thing I notice (and I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination) is that I have seen websites like yours selling all kinds of things. For me it is a bit off putting just because of the way it reads. If I had not talked to you about it previously and came across your site for the first time in a search or something, I would probably not even read it. The words #1 "secret trick" "Loads of cash in your bank account" scream scam to me. Nothing against you personally, it's just the way it comes across to me.

I agree. I'm sorry to say my first impression says "scam". The other thing is that at least on my browser (I'm using Chrome), the video never appears, you just hear the voice. I also think there's just way too much content all on one page. I only scrolled down about a 1/3 of the way before I lost interest. So I never scrolled down to see how much and what you were offering.

I think there's credibility that you are a photographer, with a degree if I found your web site (which wasn't easy by the way). That is lost in your Make Money page.

Keep in mind I'm not a web designer or marketing expert AT ALL, just giving you my "end user" opinion. Good luck!

veronica.l
02-27-2013, 07:04 AM
I agree with what`s been said. Testimonials will be a great addition.

Please don`t take this personally I am just reviewing your sales page.

Personally I think the consumer is getting smarter, they are a little tired of the promises of massive checks in no time. We all know that it takes hard work to succeed...

"dumping massive cash into your bank account in record breaking time." and "Photography Is Your License To Print Money On Demand Anytime You Want!" sorry but this says scam to me

Instead I would make it your story, like somebody mentioned show your picture in the introduction, get people to trust you.

Also it is about photography but there are hardly any pictures on the page. Show some samples of your work...

Best of luck!!

Louidam1
02-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Please don't take this the hard way but when I see a webpage that looks like yours, I always assume it's a scam plus that pop up when I click the x to leave your webpage screams scam to me.

If you don't mind making a little investment you can get testimonials on Fiverr. Let the people on there test your products and they'll give a review for $5 dollars.

Also like others say, put your family photo up top to make it more personal.

Good luck.

LilBlackDress
02-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Jen,

Think about who is your audience.

You have a page that screams "make money quick". The way you have it set up is perfect for internet marketers. So you could try marketing to marketers who are looking for a way to make a buck. Check out the Warrior Forum and consider doing a WSO (warrior special offer).

If you want to appeal to stay at home moms, as others have said you need to change your presentation to appeal to that group. This means building trust. So a better way to do that would be to start a blog and share your experiences etc. Get a mailing list going and sent out tips etc.

In general adjust your approach to the target market. Just FYI - Marketers can be much easier to sell to then stay at home moms.

windydavis
02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
I agree with all of the input you have received so far.

While it is a slick webpage and follows most all internet marketing rules it does appear "unfriendly" and too much of a sales pitch. I think most of us are past the sales pitch pages.

I definitely agree that setting up a blog and sharing the information that way would probably work much better.

Whatever you do, don't give up. You just have to find a different approach that works better for you.

Maybe even a simple page offering a free ecourse so you can gather a email list. Then via email you can tell people about yourself and your product.

If you need any help let me know.

Good luck,

Windy :-)

ccole
02-27-2013, 03:32 PM
I believe that the only thing that people will believe that your product is real is through testimonial. Video testimonials is the best one rather than having a written testimonials as it can be falsified. Unlike videos where people can see a real person.

geekmom
02-27-2013, 03:51 PM
What it looks like to me is that you're selling a squeeze page made to collect emails. Why not make a believable site with a gallery/samples/blog that points to the squeeze page to create orders? Something that has a display of great photography that you've done and tips that you can add to weekly. Not so much the tips in your product obviously, but tips right outside of it that will lead to someone buying your material. Don't just make it a blog, make it an authority site.

Since I don't know what it inside, I'm assuming that you might be talking about selling photos to sites who give you a commission or other things along that line? People buying it need to know that you are doing this yourself. The banners and a lot of the pics are taken from clipart sites and such that I've seen already. You need to prove to them that you are a photographer and you've made money off of it with your own work.

thepodandthepea
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello everyone and THANK YOU!

Thank you for all your feedback on the website. I will be honest with you, the website and internet marketing end of this product is all my husband. He has studied this way more then me and ever since the start my feelings were exactly the same as yours. I even told him at the beginning that would NEVER even give a site like ours a second glance bc I would immediately assume scam. But since i was not the expert I just let him take care of that end while I created the actual product. Now, thanks to your feedback I have put my foot down and we are completely revamping the look of our webpage! No more cheesy sales pitches, or endlessly long sales pages. I could not have convinced him of it or gotten the nerve to finally put my foot down if it was not for your feedback and help. So, THANK YOU ALL! I can't wait to make some huge changes and hopefully increase sales immediately! ;)

lorah
02-28-2013, 01:25 AM
That sounds wonderful Jen! Sometimes men need a little 'help' to see things. LOL I am looking forward to seeing all the re-vamping to your site!

lisadlastdegree
02-28-2013, 05:09 AM
Hi, first of all, well done in starting your own business online and product with your husband!

I am mostly in agreement with everyone else's comments. Is your target market someone with no experience could pick up the camera and run a photography business? Perhaps don't really target stay at home mums but target amateur photographers? Where online to they go (forums, groups, blogs, etc). Look at promoting there and building relationships.

- Have some media releases written
- Contact a few photography blogs and ask if they will do a review
- hold a competition for a free product
- fb page and start promoting to other photographers with before and after photos of your product in action
- you mention outsourcing find a social media person to do some work promoting
- has the sales page been reviewed by a sales copywriter?

All the best, Lisa

PatriciaN
02-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Loved the personal pictures! I would like to see more personal touches like that, and I believe that is the key to keeping people on your page. I was lost in the scrolling I had to do, but I'm sure that's an easy fix! You=Your.. "This Letter is going to change your life in more ways than you can imagine because... I'm going to show you exactly how to start ---->you<---- own photography business, so that you are fully up and running, dumping massive cash into your bank account in record breaking time." Good start, keep up the good work! :)

thepodandthepea
02-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi, first of all, well done in starting your own business online and product with your husband!

I am mostly in agreement with everyone else's comments. Is your target market someone with no experience could pick up the camera and run a photography business? Perhaps don't really target stay at home mums but target amateur photographers? Where online to they go (forums, groups, blogs, etc). Look at promoting there and building relationships.

- Have some media releases written
- Contact a few photography blogs and ask if they will do a review
- hold a competition for a free product
- fb page and start promoting to other photographers with before and after photos of your product in action
- you mention outsourcing find a social media person to do some work promoting
- has the sales page been reviewed by a sales copywriter?

All the best, Lisa

Hi Lisa! Thanks for the response.

Our target audience is more geared towards someone who has a passion for photography and has possibly dabbled in it and is now contemplating the idea of turning their hobby into a career. The reason we chose to zero in on stay at home moms is for 2 reasons:

1. I am a stay at home mom who is running a successful photography business so I know my audience and the struggle it can be to balance both baby and business.

2. Because I am asked ALL THE TIME by my friends who have picked up a camera and taken great shots of their kids who know me and know that I am making a living off of it and have followed in my footsteps. I have actually helped 5 close friends make the move and get started and all 5 within their first year were pulling in more clients then they ever imagined they could. So it seemed like maybe I should create a product to help others who want to make the move so they can be with there kids and still bring in money.

I am taking all of your great ideas and feedback into consideration as well! As for the copy it was all written by my husband who is not a copywriter but has studied internet marketing for 3 years leading up to this and took what he learned from that and wrote our copy.

veronica.l
02-28-2013, 07:47 AM
This is great that you helped some of your friends, have them do testimonials for you!
That would give you lots of credibility...

" I have actually helped 5 close friends make the move and get started and all 5 within their first year were pulling in more clients then they ever imagined they could. "

thepodandthepea
02-28-2013, 07:57 AM
This is great that you helped some of your friends, have them do testimonials for you!
That would give you lots of credibility...

" I have actually helped 5 close friends make the move and get started and all 5 within their first year were pulling in more clients then they ever imagined they could. "

They are working on that right now for us ;)!!!!!

Amy Jacobs
02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
put your picture where people can see it (up at the top) so they can feel relieved your a real person lol.. To me the site screams click off. I like simple. And I hate when you try to leave any site and it has that pop up are you sure you want to leave this page??!! those drive me nuts.

veronica.l
02-28-2013, 12:08 PM
:) great that will help!

They are working on that right now for us ;)!!!!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1