WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : OO or South Hills?

Brittany7
02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Both of these companies items look very similar.

Any feedback from either company would be great!

Thanks!

littleshamrock
02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
I really don't think that we can say a whole lot on these boards, but the two companies are different. In my opinion, Origami Owl's compensation plan is top-notch! The requirements for staying active with OO are very easily obtained. South Hills has a less expensive kit option, but it only includes catalogs and marketing material. Origami Owl's basic kit is $149, but includes enough to show for a party. While the products are similar, OO is less expensive and is expanding it's line. I always say that I like the competition, because it made OO ramp up their game. We have a new, exciting hostess rewards program coming out in April, and it's going to be hard to beat!

KNicholls
02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Brittany, I sent you a PM with some information. I think it's really about finding the one that's great for you.

The South Hill Designs kit options are either $29, $199 or $399, depending on what works for your situation. We have many who have done the $29 kit and are doing quite well in growing their business. I really didn't know about OO until I started with South Hill, although I haven't seen much difference in price.

The products are top notch and my customers love what they are able to do with them.

We're growing very fast, introducing new products all the time and have no wait list. I like to say "Sign up today, start today!"

littleshamrock
02-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Just a side note, our wait list is almost gone, so please don't let that be a deciding factor!

Mjasp
03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I really don't think that we can say a whole lot on these boards, but the two companies are different. In my opinion, Origami Owl's compensation plan is top-notch! The requirements for staying active with OO are very easily obtained. South Hills has a less expensive kit option, but it only includes catalogs and marketing material. Origami Owl's basic kit is $149, but includes enough to show for a party. While the products are similar, OO is less expensive and is expanding it's line. I always say that I like the competition, because it made OO ramp up their game. We have a new, exciting hostess rewards program coming out in April, and it's going to be hard to beat!

What is the new hostess reward program everyone seems to be talking about? Is it true that the designer has to pay for the hostess benefits with OO?

KNicholls
03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm sure someone from OO with come and reply to that. I'm really not sure. With SHD, our hostess reward program is very generous and completely paid by the company. My hostess last weekend, who does a lot of parties, told me it's one of the best she's seen.

AmandaSellsOO
03-08-2013, 06:04 AM
What is the new hostess reward program everyone seems to be talking about? Is it true that the designer has to pay for the hostess benefits with OO?
The designer has never been responsible for paying for the hostess rewards, they were given credit to buy them based on sales. Ex. If a hostess sold 250 worth of product, the designer was given a 25 credit to use for the hostess rewards. The program is changing in April with hostess rewards being handled by corporate, so the designer doesn't have to worry about it, and to my understanding, the rewards themselves are going to be better. Hope this helps!

Amanda
Origami Owl, Independent Designer

Mjasp
03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Thx Amanda

KNicholls
03-08-2013, 08:26 AM
In looking at all of the boards here, I see a lot of variations in hostess rewards. I love what we do because it's graduated. A hostess with a larger party, earns a bigger percentage of her sales in free things. My first hostess earned four half price items plus she got 20% of her sales. She ended up with $140 in free product in addition to her half price items. I love the added rewards for doing more. A hostess can earn up to 25% of her party total if she has a really great social.

ELmom
03-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Another change to the OO hostess program is that we are introducing hostess exclusive products they can earn free or discounted. That's coming in April...very exciting things coming up! I have spoken with some very nice and knowledgeable ladies from SHD, I just felt that the OO brand and comp plan was a better fit for me. :)

KNicholls
03-09-2013, 05:11 AM
Elmom, that's an exciting add for any company. I agree with you that both companies have good folks. In the end, for anyone, it's about finding what speaks to you and what you can be passionate about. That's what we all do in our drive to be successful.

KNicholls
03-15-2013, 07:07 AM
You make a great point about interviewing the people you're going to work with. I think it's important to find a fit for yourself with thinking and culture of the team. Welcome to SHD! Glad to hear you joined!

Mjasp
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM
I have a concern with this product. I really LOVE the necklaces, but I have a problem seeing the repeat business being there is only one product sold.

Why would a hostess have 2 parties a year for me? The product doesn't change :(

How many lockets would one average customer truly want?

KNicholls
03-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Great question! I have a couple of customers who have bought a locket every month. Sometimes it's for themselves, sometimes it's a gift. I even wondered that about getting bookings, however, in my last social, I had three bookings out of five people. The same people are committed (based on their discussion) to come to all of those socials as well. Even if they aren't buying a locket, they are buying more charms or droplets to use with their locket.Those who don't really want to switch out their charms purchase another locket so it's always ready to wear.

armymomof4
03-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Very great question and it was something I too was concerned about. Ive had many repeat customers. Many buy them for gifts for family and friends, and when they see a new charm that "speaks" to them they must have it for their locket. I find customers that buy from us once, are loyal forever. Super great!

Erin Barnes
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I totally agree! I have had the same people purchase multiple lockets. Once they get theirs, they need one for their daughters, sisters, girlfriends etc. I have one customer who has like 6 sisters and has purchased on for each of them. She also plans to do a party closer to Mother's Day. I personally love South Hill. I am a team leader and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. SHD will be implementing a training program in our back office this month. It is going to be an amazing tool that will help you get a great start to your new business. We also have regional training sessions that the company puts on for us. Another amazing benefit we have once you get to Team Leader status you can participate in Strategic Placement. This program allows you to place your new recruits anywhere you chose in your organization. This allows you to place your new girls under your existing girls to help them promote which then helps you promote! You also earn the same amount on them when you move them! It's an amazing program where everyone wins! Our compensation plan is amazing (personal commission can be as high as 40% and is based on personal or team sales)and you have the opportunity to earn off your entire downline to unlimited depth once you get to executive level. That is unheard of in direct sales. South Hill is truly about team work, we are not in competition with each other. It's one big happy family ;) I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please pm me if you would like more information. Best of luck with your decision.

armymomof4
03-25-2013, 08:21 PM
I really is true, a happy supportive family:)

Erica Chaves Sandwall
03-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Can someone please send me more information on both companies to [email protected] Thank you

KNicholls
03-26-2013, 06:43 AM
Erica, I will send you info!

ELmom
04-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Erica, i sent you info on OO :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1