WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Stellaluna
02-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone has had success with getting leads by wearing their company's jewelry. Anyone actually have a comment/question about your jewelry that led to a sale? Is it a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, or has it happened a number of times?

KNicholls
02-17-2013, 07:23 AM
I have gotten quite a few leads that way, sometimes it leads to a sale, sometimes a booking. People love the idea that it's personalized and they can create their own story. Since everyone has a story, wearing my locket leads to lots of interest.

juststacy
02-17-2013, 04:03 PM
It leads to a lot of sales for me. I carry my jewelry with me everywhere. In the grocery store my son said hi to a woman and she complimented me on my necklace and ended up buying 4 pieces from me and she's now one of my best customers. In that case I thanked the little guy with ice cream lol

southhillcharms
02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I made back the money from my $199 enrollment kit the first two weeks of just wearing my South Hill Designs Locket around town. I collected orders when running errands or at my children's school and it was an amazing eye opening experience! I didn't realize how many women look at your face and then look down to see what jewelry you are wearing while they talk to you. It has led to a lot of "accidental sales!"

rep4ch
03-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone has had success with getting leads by wearing their company's jewelry. Anyone actually have a comment/question about your jewelry that led to a sale? Is it a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, or has it happened a number of times?

absolutely! we are our own "walking advertisements" :D

i say:
if you sell jewelry WEAR IT!
if you sell personalized totes TOTE THEM!
if you sell makeup / skincare LOOK THE PART!!

liz.jewels
03-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I always laugh about women checking out each other's accessories. We are so guilty of that, and it's one of the things that will cause women to speak to complete strangers.

I remember listening to someone giving a training class to help tupperware reps strike up conversations with strangers and introduce themselves and their business. The trainer encouraged them to comment on the stranger's jewelry, handbag, or clothing.

What I love? I can compliment someone on their jewelry and I don't need to lead into a business conversation, because it is already a conversation about my business. They immediately reciprocate and comment on something I'm wearing (and I always have at least 12 pieces of jewelry on). And if someone starts off by complimenting me on my jewelry, I can say, "thank you! It's Silpada Designs. Have you heard of it?" and that is also a conversation about my business. I have literally sold a piece of jewelry off my body before, when I ran into someone who loved it, wanted to know where to buy it, and needed it right away for an event that evening.

And trust me, no one ever forgets that I have a jewelry business. I get a lot of comments like, "you always look so pulled together!" because the accessories are part of my professional image. And my good customers are always checking out my jewelry when the run into me, and I can almost see them adding the items to their mental wish list. I love it!

It's so good to be able to visibly promote our businesses in a very passive way. Plus, let's be honest...I love running around town decked out in my jewelry. If I didn't love the jewelry, I wouldn't have joined the company!

nv93446
03-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Definitely Liz! It's one of the perks of selling jewelry or clothes or handbags because you can wear them. I have a quite a few friends that sell jewelry and handbags. And women do compliment each other on our looks. It's a girl thing which is a good thing :). The experienced direct seller will use these opportunities to make new friends rather than "sell". I've had quite a few over anxious ones in my lifetime and too quick to whip out their cards and the typical spiel that it can turn a potential customer off :) but when done right, it's a great way to use your jewelry/clothes as a conversation starter.

rosstaylor2440
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
These are good collection and patterns of jewelery, posted.
One show that i had watched where i had seen very nice collection i like share with you,
Hong Kong International Jewellery Show
And that is Organized by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council.
nice collection was presented.

I dont know this would be right section to share this news...

ELmom
03-09-2013, 04:14 AM
Yes., I get complimented on my OO necklace almost every time I wear it...leads to bookings and sales. I get a lot of ppl staring too trying to figure out what's in there then they will usually ask if they can't figure it out. :)

armymomof4
03-22-2013, 01:32 PM
I always get questions when I wear a locket it is pretty funny but I really enjoy sharing whats in my locket, my story. So we get a bond in sharing while having a chance at a sale. its a win win!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1