WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Considering joining

errie6
02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone can give me specific information and tell me about their experiences. I love the product myself. Do they offer their consultants any discounts? Do you have to do taxes on the profit earned? Please feel free to PM also. If you also sponsor let me know. Just want to mention i already work full time so just doing it for fun.. Thanks!

empoweredmom
02-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Some people join just to get the discounts on the products because they love them! I will say, that even if you're just joining for that reason, you may find that when people smell your home or see the other products, they ask where you got them...so you may find that you grow a business just by loving the products!

christyvw2004
02-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Will send you a pm..but now is a great time to join scentsy...and yes when I originally joined it was just for me and family...but you never know where life will take you.

kainsley\
02-14-2013, 06:35 AM
You don't receive a discount upfront when you order. We get our "discount" in the form of a commission check at the end of the month. You start at 20% commission. Once you sell your first $1000, you move to 25%. If you sell $2000 or more in a single month, you get a 5% bonus (30% total) for that month. I first joined for fun, for the discount for myself & friends & family. I had a full-time job & now Scentsy is my full-time job. You'll be surprised how easily it can take off with a little effort. If you make $600 or more during the year, you will be issued a 1099 to submit with your taxes. Let us know if you have any other questions. Hope you'll join in the fun!

Amber Rose
02-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning! :) I sent you a PM with a ton of great information!

joleneb2
03-01-2013, 02:42 PM
I would also like detailed information about Scentsy and if online selling is allowed? I want to do mostly online selling with whatever I choose.

kainsley\
03-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Yes, online selling is allowed. Like any business, some restrictions apply & there is a good bit of competition out there. I'll PM you some more info.

LAscents
03-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I work my Scentsy business entirely online. There is quite a bit of freedom in how we do that. We can't sell on ebay, amazon, craig's list, or other similar venues. All e-commerce needs to be funneled through to your PWS (personal website -that is the Scentsy website/webstore). You can set up a FB page and use social media to gain exposure. You may not publicly post personal specials. You may create them if you choose, but you have to share them privately via email or one on one. You have the option of developing an additional external website as part of your marketing funnel. It must contain certain elements and cannot contain others (you can't have any outbound links, except to your Scentsy site, you may not monetize it. If you have any other specific questions about working your business online I'm happy to answer. I've been at this with Scensty since 2006, so I have a pretty good handle on what is and is not permitted.

NYoung
03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
I live in a small town where there are a ton of Scentsy reps, so I've had to take my business nationwide! Definitely doable - and honestly I find it much more enjoyable than throwing Scentsy parties :) You need to have a basic knowledge of Internet Marketing, but you can teach yourself how to do this easily.

empoweredmom
03-07-2013, 09:24 AM
That's what I do is sell online only. It can be done, but you do have to work it!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1