WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fundraising

Aeracura's LLC
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Hello friends. I am going to undertake a fundraiser and would love for you to share your goods, bass, uglies and indifferent experiences......any tips etc.? Thanks so much in advance for your support!

Irene Crewell

LAscents
02-09-2013, 10:02 AM
There are a number of training modules on Fundraising in the Training Center in your workstation.

Aeracura's LLC
02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Thank you, I understand there are training modules etc. I was inquiring about hands on personal experiences.

mommysells
04-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Great question!
I have only done 1 fundraiser but am working on getting another together.

Here was my first experience:
I ordered the fundraising kit from Scentsy Success b/c I wanted to have all the "official" Scentsy stuff. I was told they needed 20-25 packets. I ordered 1 kit. Then they needed more, so I ordered another set. Then they came back again and wanted more. I bought another kit. ;) At first, when I thought it was only 1 kit, I offered to cover the cost. 78 packets later--big mistake! I offered them my full discount of 25% bc it is a group my daughter was in. I also offered 4 Scentsy Buddies to the top 4 sellers. I kept the Hostess Rewards and 1/2 price items for myself and used this to purchase the prizes for the girls.
By the time I figured in the cost of materials, prizes, and all the extra bags I had to order to deliver merchandise. I had lots of orders of smalls: 1 or 2 bars, some scent circles or travel tins. (Not to mention all the time) Unfortunately, I did not come out ahead.
Needless to say, it WAS a learning experience but I would do it again.
I am actually!
This time around, I am not buying the entire Fundraising kit. I will buy the Showcase brochures, then use plain manilla envelopes and printable labels. This is how my SuperStar Director has done it and been very successful! I am also going to use the same donation percentage as she does: 15% of sales, then if Fundraiser reaches 2k raise it to 20%. I also had several checks bounce. :( I was able to get them all resolved but it was a headache. I would encourage online sales as much as possible. They can put in the order, pay by credit card, it is much easier! B/c the Showcase brochure doesn't offer any combine & save pkgs, I did have parents ask about the online specials and combination pkgs. I encouraged them to buy online to get the best deals. Bc we were trying to raise as much money possible, the brochure wasn't set up to offer combination pkgs. I did have some customers who just assumed they could order them and wrote their check accordingly, so I let those go. Even after I explained it all and detailed it out in the info pg, I had some that didn't charge tax. I felt bad, but I had to call the parents and resolve it bc I was already donating all my commission and in the hole, I just couldn't cover anymore.

Bottom line: you can format it any way you wish. The goal is to raise money for your chosen organization. Just make sure you don't lose money!
Hope this helps you! Good Luck and let me know how it goes!!

Jennifer Hicks-Enemark

mommysells
04-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Aeracura,
Sorry! I know that I just bombarded you with a lot of info.
If you have any specific questions, please let me know! :)

Jennifer Hicks-Enemark

christyvw2004
04-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Thank you Jennifer...some good info in their. Myself I have not done a fundraiser yet...but always hoping. Hope yours goes well Irene...and be sure to update us.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1