WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Women with small wrists

liz.jewels
02-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Those of us with small wrists have been frustrated in recent years with some of the pieces that just fall right off our arms! Well, I was at a regional event on Wednesday, and got to try on some of the new jewelry that is coming later this month.

There is an AWESOME new lobster clasp bracelet that fits me perfectly on the smallest setting. It's also reversible, so I have a feeling it will be a new favorite!

I saw about 15 pieces and the collection is great - they are bringing in a lot of color in the blue-green family, with lapis, turquoise, and emerald all combined in some pieces. It's a fantastic look.

I think they said we are getting 54 new pieces in all? That doesn't usually include charms, so perhaps more if that is factored in. February 18 can't come soon enough!

udesignit
02-06-2013, 09:21 PM
This is great to hear. I also have smaller wrists and bracelets have slipped off very easily. I look forward to viewing the collection when I attend a home show soon.

liz.jewels
02-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Okay, the item I was referencing is out and available in our new catalog! It's called the simply sequin bracelet, and is item number is B2829 for anyone who wants to check it out on their rep's website or Silpada.com! I was pleasantly surprised at the price too - $139. After handling it, I expected it to be more expensive.

One side has more of a hammered look, while the other side has a more shiny look. Love that versatility!

blingslinger
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
I am so pleased with the new jewels! And very happy that we have some nice fitting bracelets for small wrists! Well done Silpada, yet again :)

liz.jewels
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Deidre!!! You're back! So glad to see you, GF! I know I see you on facebook, but you have been missed around here.

I am loving the new jewels too. Putting in my order. When you get yours, let's compare notes and see what are our favorites! So far I am very excited about all of the lapis, particularly the earrings because I always struggle to choose the earrings I want to wear with my current lapis pieces!

blingslinger
02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Ah, thanks, Liz :) I've missed my WAHM moms too!

I think I've poured over the catalog about 100 times, LOL. I haven't made up my mind on all my pieces yet, but I think I've circled about half the catalog! Would love to hear what your favs are :) The Simply Sequin bracelet is absolutely gorgeous. A definite must have!

And the lapis is gorgeous. Just ordered a dress withe the exact color blue in it and had been debating what jewelry would go with it.....problem solved! I normally buy jewelry and THEN find clothes to go with the jewels, haha.

liz.jewels
03-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Okay, more reviews in...the new gorgeous Artifact Bracelet, the one with the brass patina finish, is also apparently one for ladies with small wrists! Catalog says 6.5" on the smallest setting, and it seems legit as the small-wristed ladies who have it are raving. This is one I may have to add to my list for that very reason!

The artifact bracelet has a toggle clasp, which has been problematic in the past, but the reps who have it say the toggle is nice and log and no one has reported it falling off of their arm!

I have also heard that because of the interior surface area, the Stilleto bangle is one that, once on your wrist, does not easily fall off even on small-wristed women. It still has a lot of room to move on the arm, though, so consider that accordingly!