WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Best types of Expos/Shows

LindtsbyLisa
01-24-2013, 10:39 AM
What venues or expos do you think are the best for DS jewelry companies? Bridal shows? WOmen's Expos? Small town craft shows? Street fairs? What has your experience been and how much do you spend?

ilovemyjewelry
01-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Lisa, all of those different types of vendor events/shows are good for jewelry if you have enough pieces to show. You can tailor the type of jewelry you show for each event, for example for bridal shows or women's expos you could the evening wear or little black dress pieces but for craft fairs or street fairs you could display the more casual pieces your company has. Also unless you plan on doing cash and carry and have a good amount of inventory to sell I would not spend a whole lot on the event itself. Good luck :)

liz.jewels
01-25-2013, 07:57 AM
I actually think bridal shows are awful for direct sales jewelry. The costs are exceptionally high, and brides are focused on finding a florist, venue, etc. and not on jewelry. I've never even had a raffle winner cash in her free jewelry certificate from a bridal show, and I have from other vendor shows.

I think the best are Expos that draw in your target market, are focused on shopping, and are timed near a particular shopping need (holidays, Valentine's, or Mother's Day). They also should be lower cost ($50 or less) unless there is a strong track record of very high sales or it is a multi-day event.

DebraJB
01-28-2013, 11:59 PM
I think a baby expo/trade show would be good. I'm doing one in April & it's a huge event. Lots of foot traffic & it'll be a great way to get moms to personalize their lockets to represent who they are & even who their children are. I love South Hill Designs lockets & charms.

mariglynn
01-29-2013, 04:01 AM
I actually think bridal shows are awful for direct sales jewelry. The costs are exceptionally high, and brides are focused on finding a florist, venue, etc. and not on jewelry. I've never even had a raffle winner cash in her free jewelry certificate from a bridal show, and I have from other vendor shows.

I think the best are Expos that draw in your target market, are focused on shopping, and are timed near a particular shopping need (holidays, Valentine's, or Mother's Day). They also should be lower cost ($50 or less) unless there is a strong track record of very high sales or it is a multi-day event.

I agree! I've done 3 bridal shows with jewelry and these are NOT godd for our industry.

KNicholls
02-05-2013, 02:43 PM
I recently did a vendor show with my local Meetup group. They do one quarterly for our members. Very affordable, our tables are $25. It was my first one with the new company and I came away with sales, leads for socials, and a couple of recruit leads. If you have a Meetup group, look into that!

rkaudia
02-10-2013, 03:29 PM
KNicholls, thanks for the info on using Meetup. I definitely need to look into that more.

KNicholls
02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
KNicholls, thanks for the info on using Meetup. I definitely need to look into that more.

Definitely do that! Our vendor events are now well known in the community so we draw 200-300 people, depending on the time of year (the one right before Christmas is the biggest one). In addition, the ability to network with others in the group where we have a commitment to support each other's businesses has been a real plus. It's a great place to find someone who might host an event for you as well.

juststacy
02-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Agreed bridal shows the girls are usually just focused on freebies and aren't there to buy. I've had a lot of good shows that were jus $20 fee

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1