WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Oh My Goodness!

lorah
01-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Sunday is my birthday and hubs bought me a Canon Rebel T3 digital camera. I was so beyond surprised and excited. I haven't even learned all about my film cameras yet. So excited to get snapping.

ETA: AND it came with an additional lens. A big zoom lens. But these lenses are EF-S and they don't fit my film cameras which are EF lenses. Was kind of disappointed in that.

AndrewW
01-18-2013, 03:27 AM
ETA: AND it came with an additional lens. A big zoom lens. But these lenses are EF-S and they don't fit my film cameras which are EF lenses. Was kind of disappointed in that.

You can probably get an adapter to fit the lens to another mount type.

Enjoy the camera and lenses.

lorah
01-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Thank you Andrew! I will definitely look into it. I'd love to be able to use the zoom lens on my other cameras. I've taken my first picture and downloaded it to the computer. I love little successes!

TommyH
01-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Thank you Andrew! I will definitely look into it. I'd love to be able to use the zoom lens on my other cameras. I've taken my first picture and downloaded it to the computer. I love little successes!

Happy birthday and that's great to hear. I think the EF-s lens sits closer to the sensor so that's why it can't be used on the EF mount, Think it gets in the way of the mirror or something like that, not 100% sure. Like Andrew said there might be an adapter though.

You might find out though, you will use the digital more as it's easier to edit and download the photos. The film is great though to keep around as not many will shoot with that.

Share some photos with us.

lorah
01-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Thanks Tommy! Haven't seen ya around in awhile! Missed your posts! Here is a picture that I took this morning. Just playing around but I am loving the new camera!

TommyH
01-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks Tommy! Haven't seen ya around in awhile! Missed your posts! Here is a picture that I took this morning. Just playing around but I am loving the new camera!

Photo looks great keep them coming. Ya I have been out marketing more since it's the slow season so not as much time in front of computer editing photos. Hoping it will pick back up around tax time.

lorah
01-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks Tommy! My signature has a link to my Fine Art America page. I just posted a photo of the mill that I took. I'm very proud of it. I have already had people asking to purchase a copy of it! LOL

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1