WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

lock&twistmom
01-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Hello, I was wondering if any of the tutors or teachers had been using some of the sites to sell their lessons and worksheets. Last semester I was taking a class where I had to make lesson plans on teaching writing and thought-hey I could sell these. I had already been using the site Teachers pay teachers to supplement/teach my own kids and have started looking at it to add some lessons myself. If you've used it, what are your experiences? Pointers? Thanks!

djunamod
01-19-2013, 08:47 AM
To be honest, I doubt that you'll get many takers. There are so many lesson plans and worksheets available for free online that I don't see many people paying for something like that.

Djuna

LilBlackDress
01-19-2013, 08:54 AM
It is certainly worth a try.

Here is an inspiring article and video on a woman who raked in a million selling her lesson plans online.

Georgia teacher rakes in $1 million by selling lesson plans -- to teachers - U.S. News (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/02/14184513-georgia-teacher-rakes-in-1-million-by-selling-lesson-plans-to-teachers?lite)

freelancewriter
01-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I bought unit plans from other teachers on that site before.

lock&twistmom
01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
I frequent the site because I homeschool. Catering to one or another sub audience is the way to go I think. And since I'm already semi producing worksheets and lessons for my kids, I might as well try to sell them. I see it as a nice thing if they sell, if they don't, it's not a big deal.