WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

xmas74
12-27-2012, 06:32 PM
and was never a professional. I've began reading tarot at the age of thirteen (I'm nearing 40 now). I used to read as something for fun, something to help others, and on occasion for a couple of dollars.

Now I have a child who is almost a teenager (and able to be still/quiet when I'm occupied) and I'm interested in not only beginning readings once again but doing them professionally. I don't expect to make a fortune-just enough to help with a few extra bills. I'm practicing as we speak and hope to get back into it within the next few months.

Any advice about anything? How to market myself to sites, how to convince site owners to give me a chance, how to stand out on sites to customers, what sites I should apply to, etc? The readings will come back to me, that I am certain. My readings have always been face-to-face and I don't know what to expect in this type of interaction.

cristina
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
and was never a professional. I've began reading tarot at the age of thirteen (I'm nearing 40 now). I used to read as something for fun, something to help others, and on occasion for a couple of dollars.

Now I have a child who is almost a teenager (and able to be still/quiet when I'm occupied) and I'm interested in not only beginning readings once again but doing them professionally. I don't expect to make a fortune-just enough to help with a few extra bills. I'm practicing as we speak and hope to get back into it within the next few months.

Any advice about anything? How to market myself to sites, how to convince site owners to give me a chance, how to stand out on sites to customers, what sites I should apply to, etc? The readings will come back to me, that I am certain. My readings have always been face-to-face and I don't know what to expect in this type of interaction.

It looks like people don't answer these posts as they used to :)

It's pretty easy to sign up for LivePerson or KEEN...liveperson.com, keen.com you don't have to have special requirements just know how to do readings. Liveperson will charge you $50 to get you started. Keen asks you to deposit some funds for bidding...I deposit $25. all you have to do is go to the sites, read them and learn them.
You can also try Starz Psychic Readings | Live Psychics | Online Psychic Advice (http://www.starzpsychics.com) and speak to Natalie. I'm sure she would include you in her site. OR you can create your own site and start getting people to purchase readings from you. Most all sites pay via paypal.
Good luck, and Happy New Year.

holly3j
01-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Do you guys ever have trouble with people disputing PayPal charges? I've had that just with selling on eBay can only imagine how some people can be.

pg55
01-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Ebay is a pretty fractious environment, what with the way their feedback is set up and how the site seems to make the sellers vulnerable to grumpy buyers. I sell readings through etsy, our business website, and a standalone site just for my medicine wheel readings, and I've never had anything contested through PayPal. I do include some text to the effect of " Readings are true information at the time that they are channeled, but they are not a promise. Once a reading has been channeled, no refunds will be given." but I also allow people to ask follow up questions once they have digested their reading. Sometimes people take me up on it, but usually not. I think if people feel that they have an arena for addressing any dissatisfaction, they will make use of it. So, provide the arena in terms of follow-up and you'll have no trouble with PayPal disputes. Welcome back and good luck!

holly3j
01-27-2013, 07:15 PM
thank you for responding. That is great.

If you don't mind I would love for you to pm your link. I'm looking to talk to a psychic.

Terese Ciaccio
01-28-2013, 08:54 PM
What a great gift and talent!!

Barbarapaulson
01-29-2013, 06:38 AM
@ Cristina Aguilar

Do you know what staz Psychic is paying ?

xmas74
03-03-2013, 08:39 PM
I have friends who have etsy shops for their crafts but I've never thought about selling readings through etsy. Any pointers about what to expect with selling readings on etsy?

/off to etsy to check it out

rainflowermoon
04-14-2013, 12:30 PM
I have friends who have etsy shops for their crafts but I've never thought about selling readings through etsy. Any pointers about what to expect with selling readings on etsy?

/off to etsy to check it out

Now you've got me curious if Etsy does allow it. Can you PM me anything you find out? Thanks so much.

mharkey
04-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Yup. I just went to Etsy and typed in Psychic Reading...and over 2000 of them popped up.

rainflowermoon
04-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Wow. Sounds like something I should look into. Thank you for the information :)

Jaqub Jackson
05-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Focus on your existing clients, and you will likely get repeat business. Many people tend to focus on getting new business instead of servicing existing clients. Consider the lifetime value of the customer

helenslight
05-21-2013, 06:20 AM
I have Helen's Light Readings on Etsy. It is not a quick seller but I figure people will come as they are meant to come.

Starz pays $1 a minute...which is good.

Helen

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1