WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

lisamommy
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Any good websites out there to advertise and get good exposure for ebay? I know about the auctionbump websites, besides bumping is there others?

kaileyky
12-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Pagelist.org It is a new classifieds site where you can post your ads for free. It is new but it seems to get a lot of hits because I listed stuff on there and had people contacting me for it. I am not sure what auction bumper is or if you were even looking at posting on classifieds but I hope this helps. :)

lisamommy
12-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Thank you I will check it out. I have been advertising on Craigslist too and some others. Just trying to get some traffic to my ebay listings. It is hard to compete now with the big time sellers that sell thousands of listings on their ebay stores. They get the top google searches and more people to bid and buy then us little stay at home mom sellers. I try to list as much as possible, but seems like I manage to only have between 10-20 listings at a time and probably sell about 1-3 items a week, maybe.

If anyone has anymore suggestions that is free, I would love to hear them.
Thanks

JadaKiss
01-27-2013, 07:09 AM
I have been on eBay for 12 Years and thought I'd share some of my tips. You may already be doing these things but here are some things I do:

Traffic is all in the Title and Keywords you use. It does not matter how big or small a seller you are - if you have a great title with relevant keywords you will get exposure. Make sure you are researching your items to see what keyword titles have sold well in the past for that particular item and go from there. Stuff Your Title with as many Relevant keywords as you can.

Pricing - If your price is too high, people will not bid. Again, make sure you are researching your items before listing them to see what the average starting price for the auction should be and what it typically sells for.

Social Media - I setup a Twitter and Facebook for my Auctions. On Facebook I enabled the eBay Store App so all my eBay Auctions are actually shown in a Store on my Facebook page.

Under Applications - I use the Free Smart Social where I connect to both my Twitter and Facebook accounts and the App will automatically post your auctions to your facebook and Twitter

Pinterest - I have a Pinterest for my Auctions and will Pin Auctions to there occasionally

Youtube - If I have an item thats taking a little longer to sell or I want to get more exposure to it - I will create a quick pictorial video and launch it to Youtube - I've sold several items quickly this way.

Squidoo Lens - This is another great way to drive traffic.

I have eBay setup to Automatically send out my Newsletter to my Subscribers everytime I launch new auctions.

Thats all I can think of for now. Feel free to ask me questions.

Any good websites out there to advertise and get good exposure for ebay? I know about the auctionbump websites, besides bumping is there others?

lisamommy
02-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Thank You! I have the Twitter and Pinterest set up, but not Facebook. I don't want to mix my ebay business with people I know and items that I sell might have been a gift from one of those people, ooopps wouldn't want them to see that. So many I should set up a separate FB for ebay. Your suggestions are helpful!

nbfbaw
02-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Thank you Jadakiss those tips were very useful. Thank you for taking the time to share them.

carla_easley
02-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Utilizing Pinterest has allowed me to increase my sales on eBay. There's also a section on this forum which allows you to post your listings.

Requill
03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
I know its easier said than done but it is truly achievable!! I first got a taste of this award 4 months after becoming an eBay member.

When you are top-rated, all your listings will get increased visibility!!

jacq1292
03-23-2013, 04:06 PM
As above, these 3 can really help drive traffic to your eBay listings. On Pinterest, you can also post to shared boards and get extra traffic. You can view my boards on Pinterest (user jacgems) and you'll see some shared boards that you may be able to post to. Most just require a follow for an invitation. Some require that you comment on one of the items on the board, but each will provide instructions at the top. I've found them to be extremely helpful.

Re Twitter, I always send out at least 4 auctions a day, mixed in with other content.

I set up a Facebook business page and that is growing with the help of some free giveaways.

I set up a free blog using blogger just this month, and it will help me to expand on what I can post on Facebook and Twitter.

Best wishes!

chickenlittle6
03-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Does it just take time to start getting views on your items? I've had my ebay account for years and have 500 feedback ratings 100%. I just started selling custom tshirts Buy It Now formats and good til cancelled for the past 2 weeks. My average view is 10 and I have only sold 2. Now when I was selling random stuff like an old video game or something i could put it on there as BIN 3 day listing and it would sell in like 1 or 2 days. Does it take awhile for my BIN good til cancelled listings to get shown?

i have done all (and much more) of what has been suggested here and nothing seems to be working.

onegirlandtwoboys
04-02-2013, 04:30 AM
I have been selling on Ebay since 2000, and am a powerseller. I personally have never had to use any type of social media to draw attention to my auctions, and I do VERY well. But, I have another business, that I *do* use social media for, mostly because I need to draw traffic to that website. If you do decide to use social media, I have found blogging and Facebook to be extremely effective in getting noticed. Hope that helps!

Karuli
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Most of the auctions I post on eBay are buy it now. I do it this way because I can check off the box which requires immediate payment. Auction style I was having some folks who were taking too long to pay and you cannot check off the pay immediately option last I checked. That being said, I think it might take a bit longer for your item to sell but if you have multiple quantities, it should start to take off after you've sold a few. Your item should show up at the same time as any other type of listing. I've done okay with certain things that I have multiples of, they build momentum and when someone sees you've sold say 12, it gets the attention of potential buyers in my experience.

Pam Howard
04-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I never thought about Pinterest - thank you!

Pam

Karuli
04-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Depending on what you sell, a great picture(s) can make a big difference. Take a good look at your competitors' auction and see what they've got that you don't. Then go a step further and have something they don't! Market it. Is it something for a bride?...new baby?...mother's day, father's day? "brides gift"

writepro
04-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Also check your keywords in your title - make sure you include the keywords people are looking for.

Also, consider creating Squidoo lenses around your items and then list them with the eBay items module. You can even earn bonus commissions that way.

Karuli
05-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Pinterest is pretty good. Great pics and keywords are a sure bet. Chicken, the more you list the better you will do. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

MariposaMedley
07-23-2013, 05:33 AM
I have been on eBay for 12 Years and thought I'd share some of my tips. You may already be doing these things but here are some things I do:

Traffic is all in the Title and Keywords you use. It does not matter how big or small a seller you are - if you have a great title with relevant keywords you will get exposure. Make sure you are researching your items to see what keyword titles have sold well in the past for that particular item and go from there. Stuff Your Title with as many Relevant keywords as you can.

Pricing - If your price is too high, people will not bid. Again, make sure you are researching your items before listing them to see what the average starting price for the auction should be and what it typically sells for.

Social Media - I setup a Twitter and Facebook for my Auctions. On Facebook I enabled the eBay Store App so all my eBay Auctions are actually shown in a Store on my Facebook page.

Under Applications - I use the Free Smart Social where I connect to both my Twitter and Facebook accounts and the App will automatically post your auctions to your facebook and Twitter

Pinterest - I have a Pinterest for my Auctions and will Pin Auctions to there occasionally

Youtube - If I have an item thats taking a little longer to sell or I want to get more exposure to it - I will create a quick pictorial video and launch it to Youtube - I've sold several items quickly this way.

Squidoo Lens - This is another great way to drive traffic.

I have eBay setup to Automatically send out my Newsletter to my Subscribers everytime I launch new auctions.

Thats all I can think of for now. Feel free to ask me questions.

I agree with your comment regarding the title. I sell on 3 different accounts, one has been active for almost 10 years, and I sell just as much and as often on the other (newer and smaller) accounts. It is ALL in the title.

Use ALL of the space you are given and use it well.

MariposaMedley
07-23-2013, 05:49 AM
I have been selling on Ebay since 2000, and am a powerseller. I personally have never had to use any type of social media to draw attention to my auctions, and I do VERY well. But, I have another business, that I *do* use social media for, mostly because I need to draw traffic to that website. If you do decide to use social media, I have found blogging and Facebook to be extremely effective in getting noticed. Hope that helps!

I agree with you, I have been selling on Ebay since 2004 and I am also a Power Seller, I do very well and I have never advertised my auctions anywhere. I am very meticulous about my titles, using all spaces I am given and as much detail that I can fit up there!

I just opened an online jewelry store and I am going the way of advertising via Social Media at the moment (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and any other way I can find to get my name out there!)

I just launched at the end of June, so it is a work in progress, but I am learning.

RetailTrail
10-02-2013, 07:28 AM
I totally agree that Social Marketing is the way to go. Get a Facebook Page, Twitter account, Pinterest Account and Google Plus account. Then do a search on Google for how to market with these accounts. You will find a lot of good advice.

art_koff
10-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Thank you Jadakiss for sharing this tips. I will share it among the my few ebayer friends, hope this would be helpful for them ... :D

gregdavidson
11-21-2013, 04:46 PM

Start a blog about your family and refer your viewers to your Ebay store. You can also use social media websites, but most people on those sites aren't interested in buying. If you have an Ebay store you can also create some coupons and promote those.

ZeeshanMukhtar
12-02-2013, 11:11 PM
olx.com is good to post ads.

DylanC
12-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Do a search for classified ad sites such as Craigslist etc. Also, you may want to market to your niche's forums.

barbgain1
12-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Well..another good classified site that google seems to like...is Backpage.com. It's very similar to Craigslist in its layout and also allows to make "Clickable" image ads which I think helps when your're dealing with physical stuff that you want to sell.

Barb

scribbleprints
01-27-2014, 10:26 AM
If you donate 20% or more to any charities that help victims of human trafficking, you can share your items in the Anti Slavery garage sale here through Feb 22. :

Such Fun to Give: Join the Anti-Slavery Garage Sale! (http://suchfuntogive.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-anti-slavery-garage-sale.html)

dublifunshopping
01-28-2014, 03:53 AM
Hi Lisamommy
I have PM to you some information you may have an interest in regarding E Bay.
regards
Cheri

dublifunshopping
01-28-2014, 03:55 AM
Hi - just noticed you do not receive PMs so if you would like this information please send me an email
regards
Cheri

buysell-browse
01-28-2014, 07:58 PM
If anyone has anymore suggestions that is free, I would love to hear them.
Thanks

buysell-browse.com (http://buysell-browse.com) is a high quality free classifieds advertising site where you can list and promote your business, products and services. You can post your items for sale directly or promote your eBay links.

zachary32
02-28-2014, 04:18 AM
I know its simpler said than done but it is truly achievable!! I first got a flavor of this prize 4 several weeks after becoming an eBay participant.

clothing designers (http://www.fsession.com) | womens shoes (http://www.fsession.com)

vivianpos
04-03-2014, 01:46 PM
My Facebook page works well in promoting my eBay items. Sometimes I list on craigslist as well.

Robert0
05-21-2014, 04:54 AM
You can try ad classified sites,Facebook,StumbleUpon,Twitter,Pinterest etc..Really try this,it will be a great success....

mcc371
06-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I am new in using ebay as a seller and have sold a few things but was wondering about shopify if anyone used it in addition to ebay?

All the tips and advice here have been a great educational learning curve for me. I appreciate all the sharing and welcome more.

Thanks,
Tammy

YDSR
07-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Just stick to forum sites... signatures... work at home posts, craigslist- any thing really lol. Anything with viewers, you can advertise SOMEHOW :) Get creative! Blog, VLOG! lol Enjoy

mmfh
07-31-2014, 05:58 AM
eBay is world of its own. The best way to sell stuff there is to draw as many ebay users as you can.. Or to be more precise, people go to eBay to buy stuff, and the key is the buyers who are interested in your stuff to find you easily.
So make sure you post your products correctly, tag it right with good relevant tags, also use eBay abbreviations:
BN: Brand new. BNWT: Brand new with tags. BNIB: Brand new in box. BIN: Buy it now. VGC: Very good condition.
Traffic from forums, SN, etc... does not hurt, but concentrate on ebay buyers.

P/S
I made a tutorial about eBay few months ago, but don't know if posting links to your own (relevant to the topic) content is allowed?

itommy
09-04-2014, 09:11 PM
I am applying Clickbank and Ebay for my forum and earning good with them.
This requires you need to have good traffic on your site before apply their programs/products.

amzante
10-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Great tips here for getting your eBay product links exposure..thank you all...

bop0p
10-17-2014, 08:09 AM
THanks for the great info Jada!

Laceyjade Womack
11-24-2014, 08:26 PM
depending what you sell maybe facebook groups

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1