WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

stina31787
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I am not fully set on this idea yet because I have some questions. How long does the process take to start? (such as will I need to wait for a phone call or can I start right away?) Also I seen on the thread on here that it is only $20 to start but the post is from 2009 and was wondering if this is the start up fee now in 2012. The other question I have is when I pay the start up fee I will not get any samples or kits unless I buy the $49.99 or $99.99 kit correct? Also am I able to buy the kits at any time? Any info anyone can offer me I would greatly appreciate it. I am really wanting to start selling AVON but still hesitant.

SAHMof2
11-21-2012, 05:00 PM
You can start right away with any representative who has the ability to do online sign ups or you can wait for someone to contact you locally. It use to be $20 to start but since all leadership reps got the ability to do online signups they changed the price to $10. When you pay the startup cost you will get a kit with 10 brochures for your first two campaigns, a tote bag, and training material. I heard that Avon has stopped sending samples but I do not know that for certain. The new rep kits that are available (if they have not stopped that as well) I believe can be ordered in your first or second campaign. I understand about being hesitant to start and I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

*In*2*Win*
11-21-2012, 08:10 PM
I am not fully set on this idea yet because I have some questions. How long does the process take to start? (such as will I need to wait for a phone call or can I start right away?)

You can join either with a face to face appointment or an Online appointment. Both cost $10
You can start the same day you join

Also I seen on the thread on here that it is only $20 to start but the post is from 2009 and was wondering if this is the start up fee now in 2012. The other question I have is when I pay the start up fee I will not get any samples or kits unless I buy the $49.99 or $99.99 kit correct?

The kit is $10 and does not come with samples. They are available inexpensively (10/$1) but even our brochures have scratch and sniff places to save the reps money.

Also am I able to buy the kits at any time?

You need to be "tagged" in leadership prior to being allowed to buy a kit. This ensures that you have been trained on how to do a signup process. After your first recruit you may purchase your own kits AND sign up people online.

Any info anyone can offer me I would greatly appreciate it. I am really wanting to start selling AVON but still hesitant.

No problem. Ask your questions. There are many here to help you decide after being fully informed. I hope I helped. If you have more questions feel free to PM.

Bonnie

SAHMof2
11-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Bonnie, I believe she was wanting to know about the $49.99 or $99.99 starter kits that was optional to purchase in the first campaign or two. Are these still available? I don't see where it is.

*In*2*Win*
11-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Last I heard, no they were not available, just the normal $10 start up kit

Happy Thanksgiving Heather!
Bonnie

rdkatwell
12-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I joined back with Avon just a few months ago. I have not heard of any type of kit like that when joining. However I have heard that when someone joins as a Mark. Rep there is a fee and kit to purchase. What I like about being with Avon, you can represent and sell all three products which is Avon, Mark., and Tiny Tillia. Great products, great prices, and what is also great about Avon compared to other companies is that the brochure comes out new with great new specials every two weeks so you always have a new item and new deals to give to your customers to have something in their face every two weeks. Keeps you in touch and more likely to get sales with the great deals and new products. You also get a website and lots of learning materials with the $10 join fee. I do offer my new consultants some samples when they join as well as brochures. However if you sign up online Avon does send you the brochures. Hope you find the info you are looking for. Avon is a great company to be with, great products, great prices, and wonderful team mates!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1