WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Online tutotring business

radha
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
How to start your own online tutoring business? Any ideas......

radha

mankatogirl
11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Read this article Global Private Tutoring Market Will Surpass $102.8 Billion By 2018 - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmarshallcrotty/2012/10/30/global-private-tutoring-market-will-surpass-102-billion-by-2018/)
Network on Linked In
Have credentials in the area you want to teach
Work in the industry to learn the ropes
Create content
Understand how to drive people to your website/services
Work
Work
Work
Work
Work

I make this sound easy! Seriously, you have to start somewhere. I knew I had the credentials to teach online with my college degrees. Right now, I'm teaching for a company that provides the infrastructure and the lessons. I'm also gathering materials to teach on my own and finding network contacts. I seriously do not know anyone in my own town that teaches online (in my subject area-English Language Learners) but I have met dozens upon dozens of people online.

And don't forget another key factor----ask questions.

LilBlackDress
11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
In addition to tutoring, if you have a specific skill area you can set up a series of educational lessons. There are several sites that allow you to do this. You can add PDF's, videos and more. If you develop a good course and get customers you can earn from it over and over.