WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Interested in joining, but...

Troy-Amy Gates
11-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Are you considered self employed or W-2? Where can I interview consultants to join under? Thank you :)

kainsley\
11-08-2012, 07:45 PM
You are self-employed & will get a 1099 to file with your taxes at the end of the year if you make $600 or more (which is really easy to do). :) I suggest reading through the posts here & PM people you might be interested in joining with. Best of luck in your decision!

mommy2005
11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I agree with Kristi! There are a lot of great ladies on here who would love to help you. You just need to have an idea of what questions you want to ask and what you are looking for.

Scentsy is a great company and you will be glad to be a part of it!

Tara P
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
You are self employed. Scentsy is just amazing and treats their consultants wonderful. What kind of questions do you have?

LAscents
11-09-2012, 03:20 PM
We have a consultant locator on our corporate site if you want to find someone geographically close to you though I would recommend doing your own independent interviewing. Ask lots of questions, find out about accessibility, knowledge, support, philosophy, communication preference and anything else you think will be important to you in finding a mentor.

Amber Rose
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
I went ahead and sent you a private message on here :-D

There are many tax deductions that you have with being a consultant as well, so with all of those it really tends to even out even after you file your taxes with a 1099-MISC :)

In the UK, our consultants are considered self-employed and they have to register as such. The great thing about my team is we have members all over the US, Canada, and the UK - so our support system is able to help out consultants no matter where they are located :-D

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1