WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

amcawdery
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Hello!! I have been a Scentsy consultant for 2 years. I was wondering if any of you are strictly online party type or catalog party type consultants? I have 3 kiddos all with something everyday of the week after school, and some weekends, and when I am home I am no longer wanting to do a traditional in home party. I want to hang with my husband and kiddos.=) anyone else go through this? :D TIA

mommy2005
11-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I mostly do business through online sales and catalog sales. I've been selling Scentsy for 2 1/2 years and just pull orders together for free shipping from my regular customers. I also do vendor shows and fairs when my calendar allows.

I don't like spending too much time away from my family, either. I spread the word through facebook and e-mail. I also do open houses at my home about 3 times a year and I fit it in around our schedule. I just network through my kid's school and people I already know. If they bring a guest, I'm reaching more people here and there.

I had the best month of my direct sales career in October and it was all done without home parties. It can be done!

Good luck!

LAscents
11-06-2012, 04:21 AM
I only do online sales. I've been with Scentsy 6 years. It's possible, it's the harder way to do it - getting sales one at a time vs. having a group of people in a room all at once. But it can work - if you're willing to work.

amcawdery
11-06-2012, 06:28 AM
LAscents- How do you run it strictly online? Collect orders until you reach $150?=)

Christine-LDN wickless
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I do quite a lot in sales online. You have to work harder. People can order direct through your website or you just have people email you and collect orders and then put them in once you reach $150.

LAscents
11-06-2012, 04:59 PM
LAscents- How do you run it strictly online? Collect orders until you reach $150?=)

Most of my orders are from individual customers who just click the BUY button. Though, yes I always have at least one online party posted for online customers to order from, and I do generally close it when it hits 150 and then repeat. If sales are going quickly then I may leave it open until it hits 400 for higher host benefits.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1