WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Obstacles!

samsal77
11-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Some months ago I signed up to be a Tastefully Simple Consultant. About 2 weeks later, my aunt became very ill, was in the icu and not expected to make it. Needless to say that became my focus, and building a Tastefully Simple business kind of fell by the wayside. I became inactive, and recently received an email about reactivating. I decided to do it, and this past Saturday rejoined Tastefully Simple. I invited my friends for a tasting this weekend and three days later? Hurricane Sandy! No power, heat or gas and the estimate for when we will get power back is another week! :-( The upside is that I read Simply Shine by flashlight, so I did get a bit of inspiration from that!

ccorrente
11-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Well, you hang in there. Things will get better and you will kick off your business even stronger if you take this time to read through everything and get motivated!!

I wish you well.

LynnAndreske
11-02-2012, 06:02 PM
My thoughts are with everyone who was affected by Sandy....
And how wonderful that you could be with your Aunt.
And on a lighter note --that you had a great flashlight=)

Welcome back to TS....
Best wishes for much success!

samsal77
11-03-2012, 09:43 AM
My thoughts are with everyone who was affected by Sandy....
And how wonderful that you could be with your Aunt.
And on a lighter note --that you had a great flashlight=)

Welcome back to TS....
Best wishes for much success!

Thanks! And Lynn, I much prefer the term 'detour' to ' obstacle' so thanks:-) Hopefully we get power back soon so I can get things going!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1