WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Private Readings

SpiritualWAHM
10-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Does anyone do private readings at your home? I am getting people wanting to book appointments with me for a spirit reading, but I all of a sudden got freaked out. My plan is to do the private readings out of my home, but my brain went into overdrive and I started freaking myself out. How do you feel having strangers in your house? I will be home alone while doing these readings during the day, except for my Rottweiler but she will be outside during the reading. My guides are trying to put me at ease, just wanted opinions of others. :confused:

DougC
10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
With all the wackadoos out there today I sure would not want strangers coming into my house, seeing what I own, what I have. You would feel and be safer sticking to doing readings on the internet through a reputable firm that will keep all of your personal information private.

A sweet looking woman of 22 could come to you for help. What you don't know is her meth-head boyfriend has sent her in to scope things out so he can come back and rob you.

Am I trying to scare you? Yes I am, the world is a scary place and I don't want to see any harm come to you. Please rethink letting total strangers or mere acquaintances into your home.

SpiritualWAHM
10-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks Doug! I scare myself enough with those same thoughts.

I am like the Long Island Medium Theresa, so my readings are more of in person type of readings, so working on the Internet only isn't an option for me. Plus, I will not work for anyone, I will only work for me. This is my gift and I will not use it to help anyone other than my clients. I work off of the energy of the client, however I am able to do remote readings, but that isn't my thing. One on one...so that is why I am having such a hard time.

I don't own anything worth stealing, so I am more concerned for my own safety. There are so many psycho's out there these days, so I always think the worst. Tonight I will talk to my husband and see what he things & feels.

OOnaOwl
10-31-2012, 02:05 PM
I would never see clients at my home or let them know where I live. I use an alias on the internet to further create privacy for protection. I just do not feel it is safe in these times we live in. I DO have a handful of clients who are also friends that I will see at home on rare occasion. These are folks I have known and trusted for years.

Can you get a good connection with clients on Skype camera/ video chat?
That is a great way to do readings that feels more personal while still accounting for
safety and privacy.

You could also consider sharing an office space with another practitioner of similar arts-massage, counseling, naturopathy, chiropractic. etc

I had an office in a healing arts center shared with an acupuncturist, massage therapist, counselor, nurse & homeopathist

The rent is quite affordable if you aren't bearing it alone..

Pink Widow
10-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I have to ditto what Owl and Doug said. In today's world, I would NEVER ever allow a stranger to come to my home for a reading. No matter if you have anything of value or not - people have strange thoughts and desires. Home invasions happen all the time to people who have very little of value, its more of a power trip for the people who do the home invasion.

And never underestimate what someone addicted to drugs would consider valuable.

I would stick to online cam readings or do my readings at a neutral place and use a pseudo name.

I was married to a cop so maybe that is why I am so paranoid, the stories he would tell me .. :shudder::..you would be surprised at what someone would try just because the can.

Good luck and stay safe.

Pink

starbirdy66
11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
I noticed when on vacation this summer that someone did readings in another business in a small shopping district. They worked in a cigar shop. Not sure if they knew the owner and just rented space when needed. It is something to consider. Look for small businesses that are eclectic that might draw the same types of customers. It would be a win-win for you and the business owner (book shops, natural living shops that sell crystals or essential oils, etc.).

SpiritualWAHM
01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Well...I decided NOT to do private readings at home. Started thinking of all the bad things that could happen and got scared. I wouldn't be good at readings if I were nervous about what that person's intentions were. lol So for now, I am just giving spirit messages to people at my church for free.

cristina
01-14-2013, 01:52 PM
I had a couple readings at my home, but it's freaky and I won't do it again. Nowadays if someone wants a reading with me I book it at a local coffee shop or tea house. XO Good luck

Betsy
01-15-2013, 09:16 AM
I must be triple-blessed then, as I have never had a bad experience with private readings.

Males I have read for at home have been, lawyers, drs., physiotherapists, and police officers, male and female, because I work on crime and murder cases.

The other women have been teachers, business owners, bankers, real estate agents, television producers, actors, business executives. Many bring me gifts for Christmas, New Years and my birthday. If I know of someone looking for a job, I can connect them with the appropriate person who is hiring in the city. All good karma. No one has ever tried to rob me.

If you work on a voice vibration you should be able to weed negative clients out over the phone.

When I asked my teacher, many moons ago, why she allowed me to sit in her Philadelphia development class, she replied, that she could tell by my voice vibration to allow me to sit in class.

Sadly, she crossed over this past September and 3 weeks later a woman from New York City, a former client of hers, contacted me for a phone reaing.

No coincidence.

Good luck.

Betsy

Clairejoy
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
not out of your home, no way no how. im not a fearful person, at all, but. no, you do not want people knowing where you live. there are some psychos out there. absolutely not. meet at a public place or something.

chelle4014
01-22-2013, 09:16 AM
I know someone who does readings at her house. I guess she figures the type of people that go to her aren't the kind of people that would try anything crazy.

SpiritualWAHM
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Maybe down the road, but I am actually going in a different direction right now in my life. Joined a Ghost Hunting group, Northern Nevada Ghost Hunters (http://www.nngh.net/), and am going back to work outside the house full time.

I know spirit wouldn't lead me wrong, but mentally I have to be 100% okay with it and I wasn't at that time. Just going to see where my guides lead me. :D

Maria Lee
01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
I agree, I wouldn't be at home alone. If you have to work at home, then make sure you have someone in the house with you all the time. You just never know these days.

Aeracura's LLC
03-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I only allow people I know to come to my home, or one degree of someone I know. Like a friend of a friend. I do meet people at public places, such as a diner or coffee shop for readings. I do see it as a safety issue, but I see it more as being able to keep my energy space clear of debris. For those I know, once in awhile is ok, not something I like to do.

cristina
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
you can also check into spiritual shops or reiki healers in your area. I know several local psychics who have built their own private business just by meeting someone in their "office" which is usually a space somewhere at a metaphysical shop or sharing space with message therapists and healers etc. it's much better than having them at home :)

Jaqub Jackson
05-01-2013, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't recommend bringing strangers to your house. It may be best financially, but some desperate people may seek your help, and they may have some very real personal problems that go deeper than just the regular issues.

I'm not meaning to scare you, but if you come across a problem person, you can't easily move house

helenslight
05-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Hey there,
If you can pick up energy face to face you can do it on a comp. Energy doesn't care how it gets to you.

I thought for a while about doing it in my home. Like some therapist do therapy in their home. Then I thought, "Do I really want them bringing their energy into my home?" You just never know what your gonna get.

I also used to be a domestic violence and sexual assault therapist. I would not advise anyone to bring a stranger into their home and even some acquaintances. Sexual violence can happen to anyone...male or female by anyone. Interestingly enough, it often happens by someone we know.

Just some reality to think about for us all.

Helen

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1