WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Warmers Safety Question

maryscandles
10-30-2012, 06:41 AM
What happens to the wax if you leave the warmer going and forget to turn it off? Will it catch fire?

CozyWickless
10-30-2012, 07:10 AM
What happens to the wax if you leave the warmer going and forget to turn it off? Will it catch fire?

Hi, no, the wax is not "burning" just warming. I've left my Scentsy warmer on for almost 3 hours. The room smelled REALLY good and didn't burn the house down as a candle probably would have. That's why Scentsy is perfect for the busy Holiday season.
Hope this helps!

-----------------------------------
Jennifer Savino
Scentsy Independent Consultant
http://JenniferSavino.scentsy.us

kainsley\
10-30-2012, 08:06 AM
That's the beauty of Scentsy. If you're comfortable leaving a lamp or night light on, you can leave your Scentsy warmer on 24/7. Mine stays on for days at a time.

LAscents
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Most of my warmers have been on 24/7 since 2006. No problems at all.

maryscandles
10-31-2012, 07:30 AM
I was concerned about the residual was getting overheated if you don't add more wax for a couple of days or so - or if I go on vacation and forget I had a warmer plugged in.

CinnaShoppe
10-31-2012, 09:23 AM
nope! Our wax does not evaporate and it is run on a 15-25 watt bulb... most of your average table lamps run on 45-75 watt :)

maryscandles
10-31-2012, 11:08 AM
It doesn't evaporate?! What happens to the wax and scent then?

kainsley\
10-31-2012, 02:04 PM
The wax doesn't evaporate. The scent just eventually fades away. Once the scent is gone, you can pour the wax into a paper cup & throw it out or let it harden & pop it out of the warmer. Then wipe the warmer with a dry paper towel & pop in a new cube. Sometimes the scent will last forever & you may want to change to a different scent. You can pour the warm wax back in its container & it will reform for you to use again later.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1