WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

ralvarez
10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Hello.

I am a Military wife looking to work from home. I am not aware of many opportunities out there. Can anyone help?

*In*2*Win*
10-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Sending you a PM
Bonnie

ralvarez
10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Thank you for your response. I should have mentioned that I am not the best person to sell or get into the marketing business. I'm a very shy person when it comes to meeting new people in person and its worst when I'm trying to sell them an item. Do you or anyone else know of any jobs at home that don't consist of selling products?

SFerber
11-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Maybe checking out the work telecommuting folder will help.

I will say not everyone is cut out for referral based marketing or direct sales but, you do not have to be good at "sales" to be good at telling people about something that you love that helps people.

When I began earning from home, I was petrified because like you I do not like to be pushy with people or sale things. I am not that type of person, what ever that type actually is.

I did take my strengths. Love to talk to people, (but only when I am in the mood) Love to help people, love learning how to live healthier. I also knew I was going in with weaknesses...so I had to agree to do something that would either grow my weaknesses into strengths or I had to find something that did not require me to lean on those parts.

I wish you the very very best in your search.

This site is a great start!

lesliek
11-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I just sent you a msg. I am the farthest thing from a SALESY person. I have built my entire biz online via social media (no home parties) and I give you the tools to do the same. I was SUPER shy when I started too! Can't wait to hear from you :)

radha
11-12-2012, 10:05 PM
You can check transcription. There are AHDI approved schools who offer some discounts for miltary wives.Check out following link and their site too.
Find an Approved MT School (http://www.ahdionline.org/Careers/FindanApprovedMTSchool/tabid/251/Default.aspx)

Hope this helps!!

radha

CrystalMK
11-22-2012, 05:45 AM
You came to the right place. There are so many opportunities on this forum. :D

Amy Jacobs
11-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Did you go through the telecommuting moms folder above? New job leads are always being posted :)

radha
12-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Pearl Interactive LLC Special hires military spouses and they offer work from opportunities. check out their website, here is the link Home Based or Client Site Job Opportunities (http://www.pearlinter.org/Home-Based-Client-Site-Job-Opportunities.html)

Hope this will help!!

radha

wahmsolutions
12-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Good Luck in your search. I am sure you will find the perfect opportunity here.

DebraJB
01-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Do you enjoy caring for children? I know lots of military spouses that open up their own home daycare out of their home. It seems like there's usually a waiting list for the child development center on base so parents are always seeking alternative childcare.

a_soldierswyf
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I am also a military spouse and am wanting to work from home. I am shy and don't want something that I have to do parties or get people to join up under me. I am interested in doing book parties, or just website sales. I find it hard to talk to people I do not know, so that is why I want to do book parties or website sales. I don't have the money to pay a high fee up front. Plus what I keep hearing is if you have to pay them to work then its a scam...there goes my skepticalcism and I am finding it hard to surpass that because it seems like everyone wants you to pay a fee whether big or small :mad:.
I have taken classes for Medical transcriptionist, medical billing but did not get my degree yet due to us moving every 2 yrs and me having to start my degree plan over each time. This is why I am wanting to find work at home so I don't have to keep finding a new job every time. My resume looks horrendous due to this.
I also noticed that many people work a few wah jobs and I don't want that either. I did the survey thing and find that a big waste of my time and plus in order to make any good money you need to sign up for stuff :mad: and I don't have that to p*ss away like that. So yeah....I am up for any info that anyone can send to me. I am up for any ideas.

Thank you
Arline

geekmom
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm not a military wife, but I have a few friends who are and they work from home. They work in everything from blogging to shopping. Some do phone actress work (yes, it is what you think), some do tarot readings, I know one who holds couponing classes, and some who make a living with blogging and affiliate marketing. The possibilities are endless and you will find something. If you're looking for a job then the telemarketing page is good.

When I first started working from home I did a lot of virtual assistant work for local small businesses and people who worked from home as well. Many of these people don't have the funds for a full time secretary or assistant so they outsource bits and pieces per day. I would put up ads on Craigslist, do a phone interview and then they would fax or email the work in. I took PayPal. This was ages ago, but I didn't have to meet anyone because I did it all online. I would advise not meeting people from a classifieds ad anyway unless you were going into a well known company itself to meet the person.

Good luck!

thepodandthepea
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Hello.

I am a Military wife looking to work from home. I am not aware of many opportunities out there. Can anyone help?

Have you ever considered doing Photography? I have always liked photography because depending on my schedule I can do it part time or full time. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have if this interests you :)

ANGELSOFTHESEA
02-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Do You Like Choices? How about 5 sign up options ~ one is only 99˘!! How about 8 different ways to get your 40% off?? Want 50% earnings? Get 40% off your products and 10% from your down line sales. To me that ads up to 50% :-) Quotas? How does NONE sound? Works for me and you can too! $4.99 after the first month. To me it is worth it to be in charge of my life and have choices! Talk to me

Find out more---http://www.soylicious.com/cindywillinger/

Visit My Fan Page At: https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightByaCandle/254575051335629?ref=hl

Any Questions Email Me At :[email protected]

Igniter
02-13-2013, 08:07 PM
If you are in TX, GA, PA, NJ, MD, or NY, there is a company called Ignite which is a direct sales company for deregulated energy. The business is very simple, it is very early in the life of the business, meaning the potential for growth and income is extremely high. And, it will be going to all the other states very shortly, so you can take it with you and open up new markets wherever you may end up. I would be happy to give you more info if you're interested.

darthgieob
09-21-2014, 06:11 PM
I have a venture that only requires your consent

darth.gieob