WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

kcarpenter
10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi ladies... I'm sure that since you're also an Avon Rep, you must love Christmas shopping in the Avon brochure with your representative discount like I do. I started my Christmas shopping in my Avon brochures a few campaigns ago.

So far... I've gotten a new pair of slippers for everyone in the house (including little Jeffrey... he got the tiny tillia Duncan Dog slippers... soooo cute BTW, for those who haven't seen them yet). I have a household size of 8, with 6 kids... so that's a lot of slippers! LOL. The 2 girls got the pretty ones with jewels on them... one in purple, and one in pink. The other boys, and my husband are getting the super comfy memory foam slippers.

Jeffrey is also getting the matching Tiny Tillia bath robe... also super cute!

Kayla is getting a jewelry set. That new one that was in one of the demo books. It had a nice necklace, and 3 pairs of earings and was in a little jewery box. The main part of the box holds the necklace, and then there are 3 little drawers... each drawer hold a pair of earings. My daughter is going to love it! She's such a girly girl (takes after mom, hehe).

I also got her a complete Naturals Bath Set. She loves that sort of thing. It will be gift packaged with Cello wrap... or put in her stocking. I haven't decided yet, LOL. Came with 2 vanilla shower gels, a body spray and body butter.

One of my son's... is getting the Derek Jeter cologne that he asked for. He says it smells sooo good! (I agree!)

Hmmm... lets see, what else so far. Oh... Tub Time bath paints for Jeffrey... those will be going in his stocking. You know, I think that might be it so far for Christmas shopping so far, but my daughter Kayla is having her birthday this coming weekend, and when I asked her to make me her birthday list... she CHOSE to reach for an Avon catalog, and she asked for a pair of cushion walk black boots (she initially asked for a pair with good sized heels, but I explained that is NOT a beginner heel, LOL... so she chose another cushion walk boot with a small one inch heel)... she also asked for a few lip glosses and a breast cancer awareness bracelet. My girl will be very pleased when she sees that she got everything on her list. I ordered it all last campaign, so it's just aside waiting for her birthday. :)

I have my eye on more things in the brochures for Christmas gifts too, but space myself out getting a bit each campaign.

Who else has started theirs?? What did you buy? Sooo many great gift ideas, and at great prices already. When you add our representative discount to the mix, the prices just can't be beat. I would have paid a lot more than I did for similar items at a store! I love my Avon business! :)

Nyesha
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi kcarpenter. Thanks for sharing. That's a nice big family you have and it must be fun (always and) at Holiday time. Family and gathering is so important during the Holidays. I've started looking at some Avon items for my kids as well. So far, my older son (2yrs) will be getting some of the cute pajamas I saw for $14.99 for sure. He needs pajamas anyway and after our Representative discount, I did not find a better deal (in cuteness, quality and price all together) at other retailers. My younger son is just 2 months old. I was on complete hiatus from wahm.com and my online direct selling advertising during those truly newborn up all night days hehe:).. My younger son does not need pajamas now but I saw some adorable holiday themed ones for just $7.99 at tinytillia. So we'll see:) Those clearance prices can be hard to resist! Talk to you around here soon.
Best,
Nyesha

michellej
11-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I have also started my Holiday shopping a few months ago. I love their products and I am not saying that because I am an Avon Rep. I love the mini hand creams and lip balms for stocking stuffers.

kcarpenter
11-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes, there are a lot of great gift ideas, and stocking stuffer ideas.

I did more Christmas shopping in Campaign 23... I ordered everyone (except for little Jeffrey) one of those fragrance sampler sets that come with a coupon for a free full sized bottle of perfume for only $23!

I think that was a great deal, then add our rep discount to that and it's really great. The sampler set alone is pretty cool... and what a great idea that was for them to do! Once someone tries all of the scents and chooses a favorite, they get to order a FREE full sized bottle of perfume with their coupon that came with the sampler. How cool is that! Most of those full sized perfumes and colognes are regularly priced at more than $23 as it is, so I scoffed these right up, LOL.

All of my kids (except little Jeffrey) are teen and pre-teen and are starting to get interested in wearing perfume and cologne, and have even asked for perfume or cologne on their lists... so I found this to be pretty cool. I also ordered a set of the female ones for myself, and the male ones for my husband. Bought 7 sets in all (there are 8 of us in the house... and like I said, everyone except the baby got one, LOL).

Anyone else do some more Christmas shopping through their Avon brochures?? What did you get?

auntiemissa
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
i just ordered my lil puppy the tiny tillia baby blanket for christmas!!!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1