WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

anikac
10-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Does it really matter who you go under? I have hardly any consultants in my area and have no idea who to join under. Can I just go under anyone...I'd rather be under someone who is willing to help me get started..and give me good advice. Also I'd like to go under someone who has experience with this product...

SassyCassie
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Hey there!
Congrats on your decision to join Scentsy, I promise you won't regret the decision! :)

I personally don't believe that you have to have a sponsor in the same place as you, I found my sponsor right here in this forum actually! I didn't really know the lady in town that sold Scentsy, and decided that even though my Sponsor lived no where near me, to go for it and join under her because she was a huge fountain of information and willing to help me even though we didn't live close by. She was always prompt returning my emails and went the extra mile to mail me catalogs and mini testers to help me get started!

I am SO thankful I joined under someone I felt comfortable with and felt like it was a good fit instead of being worried about where they lived.
I have joined an amazing Scentsy family of over 200 consultants on our team alone, and almost all of us are on facebook in our own group. Together ALL of us consultants help each other and give advice.

I have started my own team now, and with the help of my sponsor and upline I have had great success in my 7 short months with Scentsy.

Go with your gut, talk to a few different consultants and pick someone who you feel will be with you every step of the way instead of going geographically!
I wish you success with your new business venture!
Message me if you have any questions :)

Cassandra
Star Consultant

anikac
10-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I would much rather go with someone who I feel will help me get started.. The consultants in my area have not even responded to my emails...I'm very excited and want to get started asap.

SassyCassie
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Absolutely! I felt the exact same way as you, it really is nice to find a sponsor and team who will really encourage you and help you every step of the way.

I'm going to send you a PM and maybe I can help you or help you find someone to sign under.
I know how it feels to be antsy to get started :)

anikac
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm super antsy...I have 2 weeks left of full time work before I start working from home and I'd like to have something pending sooner than later

SassyCassie
10-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Sent you a pm! :)

kainsley\
10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree with Cassie. The physical location of your sponsor doesn't matter as long as he/she is available when you need him/her. Make sure you have the training & resources to help you succeed.

LAscents
10-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Your decision in a sponsor is a very important one because you cannot change sponsors once you enroll. View it as if you were selecting a doctor or a daycare provider for your children. Ask many questions, interview consultants. Don't necessarily go with the first person you spoke with. Here's an except from an article on selecting a sponsor:

"Company sponsored forums are chock full of consultants begging for help and asking the most basic questions in a public forum because they do not have the training and support required to be successful from their own sponsors. Yet these same people clamoring for help, are the ones who jumped on board with the person who offered the best deal (which BTW is prohibited for consultants to offer recruiting enticements).

You as the potential recruit get to ask the questions. You are the interviewer. Ask some hard questions, such as:

∑ How long have you been with this company?
∑ What rank are you? Where is that in relation to the total structure?
∑ How long have you been in direct sales?
∑ Why did you choose this company?
∑ Are there days or hours that you are not generally available?
∑ What training is available from you and/or corporate?
∑ How did you receive your training?
∑ Do you attend seminars and convention?
∑ Have you won any awards from the company?
∑ How would you describe your personality style?
∑ Whatís the worst thing you have to say about the company?

If you receive weak answers to these questions and yet still choose to sign with that person, all I can say is buyer beware. Would you rather go to a doctor fresh out of medical school, or one who is a veteran at his specialty? Would you use a financial broker who merely paid to get her license through a correspondence school? Or one who has a proven track record of producing results?

What good is a special offer if it is not backed by a strong warranty? Remember who is in the driverís seat when it comes to selecting a sponsor for your direct sales business: You!"

Amber Rose
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
I sent you a PM, hun :) Talk to you soon!

tabitha4
10-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I would interview the sponsors first. Ask them questions about themselves, how they got started, see how each of them will help you. I wouldn't just pick anyone, but I also wouldn't pick someone just b/c they answered questions better than someone else. Writing may not be their thing but it doesn't mean they will not do everything possible to help you. I wouldn't just go by rank either. Yes. It is great to have experience but everyone has to start somewhere. My sponsor was certified when I joined under her. She has been great. She will do whatever she can to help me and if she is not able to she will find the answer for me. I have learned so much from her. Just because you see people on here asking questions doesn't mean they will not be a good sponsor. I just wanted to get that out there. I am sure you will find someone great to help you.
We would love to answer any question that you may have. Best of Luck. You will love it!

Does it really matter who you go under? I have hardly any consultants in my area and have no idea who to join under. Can I just go under anyone...I'd rather be under someone who is willing to help me get started..and give me good advice. Also I'd like to go under someone who has experience with this product...

LoriHayden
10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
The best advice I can give you is pick someone you are comfortable with and who will give you the support/encouragement you think you will need. Everyone works their Scentsy business differently and what works for one person may not work for another. The best sponsors understand this and can give you many ideas, help and support to grow your business in the best way for you. I'd also be happy to answer any questions you may have. Good luck in your decision!

mommy2005
10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I've been selling Scentsy for 2 1/2 years now and picking the right sponsor is important to getting started on the right foot. You'll need to find someone who is willing to answer your questions right away. I make it a point to be available 24/7 for my team. They can call, text, e-mail me or facebook me anytime they need to.

I started selling Scentsy right after my sponsor did and so she wasn't any help. I had to do everything on my own. It is harder and more time consuming to find the answers for yourself every time.

I also think it's important for the team members to help one another, which is why I have a fb page for my team. I offer words of encouragement everyday and keep them up to date on the latest Scentsy news.

Do your homework on the company and finding a sponsor. It will pay off in the long run.

Good luck!

TSmom
11-04-2012, 04:02 AM
I would come up with a list of questions and "interview" several resp. Go with the one you feel most comfortable with...but let them know you are talking to several to be fair.

Christine-LDN wickless
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Location doesn't matter one bit....but like the other ladies have said....I'd be a bit careful about which sponsor to pick. It also doesn't matter what level they are at....there are directors and above who are pretty rubbish sponsors.

Amy03
11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I know the location of your sponsor does not matter, the compatibility and how comfortable you are with her or him is the some of more important factors. But for me personally I did pick a sponsor that lives not too far from me, and the reason is that within our group(the members she sponsors, our scentsy family) we get together for different occasions, such as party's, breakfast lunch or ect., another reason being in the same area It is also nice, if one of us is looking for help with a party or fair, and often one of us is looking for merchandise one of us may have readily available.
I wish you the best and Good luck with your search!
Amy

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1